• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Will need to see how handheld mode is first. If its 480p with inconsistent 20-30fps then its a pass.

It's almost a 100% sure bet that it will be 60fps. They'll make concessions and find creative solutions to other technical limitations in order to hit that frame rate. The Overwatch League is an integral part of Overwatch, and Blizzard isn't going to push a port of their competitive esports game onto a system without maintaining that competitive standard.

I'd be more blown away if they announced it wasn't 60fps than I would if they announced cross progression on all platforms.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Paladins is 60 fps, right? And that game looks fine, although a bit blurry in handheld mode from time to time. I bet they could get similar results with Overwatch.

Aine

May 27, 2019
Might be tempted to pick it up for the potential portability, even if I already have it on PC.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Curious about how the game controls on JoyCons versus Pro Controller and how if any, there might be any loot box changes for the platform.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah one of the biggest online games getting a switch port will not be on the direct.

Lmao some people on here.

One of the biggest third party ports the Switch has ever received in a genre thats bordering on nonexistent on the platform but nah, they should skip it because the real gamers don't wanna buy it lmao.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
are they gonna have separate servers for Switch players? like basically all shooters up to now

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's sloppy writing and Jason being Jason. When working in Game in 2003-2006 FF11 was listed as releasing on PS2 along with other games that never saw the light of day.

Reporting a fact based on a piece of paper which is printed from a database updated daily is just clickbait for the sake of saying "we said this first"

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Curious about how the game controls on JoyCons versus Pro Controller and how if any, there might be any loot box changes for the platform.
I'm not sure why they would change anything about how the loot boxes are handled on the Switch. If they're gonna change anything, it'd be done for every version of the game, not just the Switch.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping for a shadowdrop or soonish release of the digital version with the retail release hitting in October.

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
That's sloppy writing and Jason being Jason. When working in Game in 2003-2006 FF11 was listed as releasing on PS2 along with other games that never saw the light of day.

Reporting a fact based on a piece of paper which is printed from a database updated daily is just clickbait for the sake of saying "we said this first"

"we've confirmed its veracity with two of our own sources "

Maybe read the article first?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone been able to transition from PC to console with this game? I played a match on my buddies PS4 once and it just felt all wrong. I'm not sure I can adjust really, the game feels so much better with a mouse and keyboard.

I'm still kind of tempted, I'd need to get some kind of grip for my switch tho cuz dual stick shooters in hand-held mode hurt my hands.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
So is Overwatch a big deal? Is it any good without proper online chat?

It's a great game that's been a bit marred lately by stagnation, outside of new characters every few months.The online is what I'm concerned most about, naturally. Without proper voice chat, any real competitive play will be useless on Switch.

I'm going to take the time to beat a rotting corpse of a horse and say that Nintendo needs to get their shit together and make a real friends/messaging/voice chat system and not that fucking trash they call a phone app, otherwise great online games like this are pointless on Switch.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Said who? Diablo 3 runs on the Switch so it was never a question. The question is how it will look.
To be fair, Overwatch runs on a different engine compared to Diablo III, to the point where the game doesn't work on Mac. It likely required its own set of optimizations.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
get ready for slow balancing and the most useless ingame community ever switch bros!!

moerser

Oct 29, 2017
totally off topic, but i wonder why theres no pes2020 on that list.
is that particular retailer not even stocking it?

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
So I'm assuming progression won't continue across platform (Since it doesn't on other consoles)?

I'm still really looking forward to seeing how it plays on Switch.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
after this and diablo 3, is there anything else blizzard could possibly bring to the platform?

Hearthstone, ideally prior to CDPR seeing a niche for Thronebreaker.

I'd love to see them tackle a console port of one of their strategy games again. I mean, i played through every Warcraft and Starcraft dozens of times, but hit us up with console versions like with SC 64.

suga41

Jan 10, 2018
So I'm assuming progression won't continue across platform (Since it doesn't on other consoles)?

I'm still really looking forward to seeing how it plays on Switch.
I'm not usually one who cares about skins and such, but after playing such an insane amount of time on Xbox, if there's not cross progression I don't think I'll get this. At least not until a deep sale.

I really hope Blizzard figures it out because I would love Overwatch on switch. I'm hoping it will be similar to the way Destiny 2 did it. Pick one system as your "main" account and that's what will be carried over to the rest.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
And to think some people really thought that an officially licensed Nintendo + Blizzard case for the Switch wasn't a sign of a port but just random unrelated merchandise lmao

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
I'm not usually one who cares about skins and such, but after playing such an insane amount of time on Xbox, if there's not cross progression I don't think I'll get this. At least not until a deep sale.

I really hope Blizzard figures it out because I would love Overwatch on switch. I'm hoping it will be similar to the way Destiny 2 did it. Pick one system as your "main" account and that's what will be carried over to the rest.
Thats how I'm feeling.

I've been PC since day one.

It'll be tough starting over again, but I'll still probably give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.