• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Rushing into a shooter sequel is how we get pointless ones that play basically the same just on new maps. That's the opposite of keeping things fresh.

I'd rather them wait until they have a genuine idea for a completely new take for Splatoon 3.
Split screen 4 player teams on Switch Pro. 2-4 player coop campaign. S2 was arguably an enhanced port of the first game. It felt rushed out to meet switch launch. They need to do a real next step sequel still. I'm not asking for annual releases but they never should have taken their foot off the gas. Imagine if the Zelda team was put on some 2D platformer instead of BotW2. Thats basically what happened here. They hung a hit franchise out to dry.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Split screen 4 player teams on Switch Pro. 2-4 player coop campaign. S2 was arguably an enhanced port of the first game. It felt rushed out to meet switch launch. They need to do a real next step sequel still. I'm not asking for annual releases but they never should have taken their foot off the gas. Imagine if the Zelda team was put on some 2D platformer instead of BotW2. Thats basically what happened here. They hung a hit franchise out to dry.
Take a deep breath, its been two years since Splatton 2 and just been a month since the final splatfest, the franchise will be fine

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
The game should definitely have gyro controls. I wonder how well this game will do without any significant single-player content and the likely $60 price-point.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Ah I want Amiibos, do you hear me Nintendo and Blizz? Might not even buy the game, but will def get all the Amiibos.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I'm down for more Overwatch. Hopefully we get some Nintendo skins with the release. Even if its some generic skin from an outsiders pov.
Haven't played it for more than a game or two in a few years when I used to be addicted to it. But I am down for portable gaming.
Also I know a friend who would die over a Traser Amiibo...

We also knew about this game being a good possibility since that Licensed Overwatch Case was leaked and pulled quickly a week or so ago
Maybe Blizz announces cross-play for it. Though I doubt it...

Last edited:

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Glad it's coming to Switch, but I kinda hate that it leaked so close to the announcement. I think it would have been a pretty big surprise for some of it had not leaked and that sort of takes away from that moment.

Hopefully there are several more surprises that we don't know about that will provide the same sort of surprise.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive Updates to Switch:
Snipers (and Genji) are no longer allowed to use the 'I need healing' callout.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad it's coming to Switch, but I kinda hate that it leaked so close to the announcement. I think it would have been a pretty big surprise for some of it had not leaked and that sort of takes away from that moment.

Hopefully there are several more surprises that we don't know about that will provide the same sort of surprise.

The real announcement will be the Wario and Waluigi skins for Roadhog and Junkrat

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
That's cool and all, but I'm kinda done with Overwatch

It was addicting in its prime but now it's just a repetitive mess

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
They cant even make more than 4 legendaries per event anymore and you guys want Nintendo skins

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
>Implying cross progress will bring in less money after implementation

L O L

I just can't. That is definitely a ResetEra take

The real resetera take is not acknowledging the silent majority that make 'unharmful' lootbox systems like Overwatch so lucrative.

Oh yes, I'm sure the money from people willing to spend money on a game they already own will trump the cash they make from all the "Ah, maybe just one box won't hurt" mindset that most of the time leads to more and more cash poured into them.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way if I already bought it for PC that ill get it on switch right? They are gonna expect me to buy it again right?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Wait, one of those printed piece of paper leaks was actually real for once? Lol

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
This leaked more than a week ago, it's simply been confirmed by major outlets s'all

We've known this is coming for a while now, so no real surprises there

Yea, I realize it leaked a week ago, but that is my point that it is still close to the Direct and takes away from the surprise of the announcement had it not leaked via the accessories and GS paper.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Yea, I realize it leaked a week ago, but that is my point that it is still close to the Direct and takes away from the surprise of the announcement had it not leaked via the accessories and GS paper.
But the Gamestop paper is also about a week old, it's just that dates that are listed on it align with recently announced release dates for other games.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Joking but I like overwatch, I'd play it on switch if it became F2P tbh...the game is 4 years old almost and. Yeah.....not really hyped about this

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I'm hyped about this. What if they add in a Ninty IP only for the Switch????

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
No reason for me to get it because I can play it on PC at way higher quality. Portability in this game is not a bonus because you need to be online to play, so...

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Joking but I like overwatch, I'd play it on switch if it became F2P tbh...the game is 4 years old almost and. Yeah.....not really hyped about this

Nah it's true tho. I played it like crazy for...2 years I think. Most people really into it played it to death already. I'm also not sure why it took them 2.5 years to realize this might work. Now it's too late, imo. I certainly won't be playing this over the version I have a bazillion skins and some gold weapons in with better performance to boot.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I play my Switch is handheld mode pretty much exclusively, so i'm curious to see how it runs on there (not expecting much to be honest).

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I need something good (such as Cross progression, gyro-aim, Nintendo skins/stuff, surprisingly good handheld performance, budget price) for me to consider buying again.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Crossplay/Cross-progression will be a big impact on if I grab this or not.
This. I've put far too much time into the game on PS4 to be even bothered to play this on Switch if I'd have to start from scratch.
Blizz would probably announce it at Blizzcon if they were to announce crossplay/cross save. Since not even PS4/XB1/PC have it.

Overwatch having crossplay and cross-saves, like many other games, is all in the hands of Sony. There have been no leaks or hints that it's coming to Overwatch.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Overwatch having crossplay and cross-saves, like many other games, is all in the hands of Sony. There have been no leaks or hints that it's coming to Overwatch.

I mean they could just stick with Xbox. But since this is Acti, they likely have the pull to get it. As there were articles last year about looking into it for PS4 & Xbox and that was likely Being done for switch more than anything if I were to assume

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Ok, but I need an insider to leak cross-play/progression being a thing yesterday, I can't wait a few hours for the Direct and the possible following Developer Update from Jeff Kaplan to find out if it's happening.

I had a hoped that Overwatch would go F2P, scrap loot boxes and adopt a more modern MTX at this point in its lifetime with the competition it has, but the OW retail listings seem to suggest OW isn't going F2P at the moment unless it's something like a full character pass DLC or Battle Pass code in a Switch game case instead of a paid game on a cartridge.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I like how people keep saying that Overwatch is past it's prime and that it's too late to come to Switch when Diablo 3 came out on Switch and it still sold really great.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
30fps right? It's still tempting, even a game I don't like(Fortnite) I played a lot of hours in handheld mode. If the price is right this could be pretty successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.