• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
UPDATE: Confirmed by Kotaku and Eurogamer

My original OP which both articles reference for posterity's sake:

This retail listing leaked a week ago detailing the release dates of various upcoming games including unannounced ones such as the new Plants vs. Zombies game and of course, Overwatch for Nintendo Switch. What's interesting is that EA just a few hours ago confirmed that the new PvZ releases on October 18 (in Japan at least, the game hasn't been formally unveiled yet over here though it will be in a few hours and is definitely launching WW on the same date too), lining up with the retail listing leak posted below. If it got the release date for the new PvZ down, it isn't a stretch to assume the Overwatch for Switch release date is legit too. It's a Friday as well, seems like the perfect time to launch.

Overwatch is launching pretty close, right next to The Witcher 3. If there's cross-progression, I'll probably pick it up though I'm not holding my breath.

zp95Est.png

EC-AKQKWwAAGhhs.jpg

Last edited:

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
We've already seen that pic.
And I think it's too easy to fake, so I'm taking it with an ocean of salt.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and haven't read all the OP.
So with the new info, it seems more and more real.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
The original Reddit poster was asked by the mods to offer some proof, and he didn't supply any.

Of course, that doesn't mean anything either. I'm personally in camp "quite likely", especially with the new PvZ info.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember when it was said that it was impossible on the Switch. By the devs no less lulz

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah it's likely. But my takeaway from this thread is another, I thought it was leaked that PVZ was going to release on all platforms, ESRB rating seems to mention PS4/XBX/PC. No Switch.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Getting one of the biggest SP games ever and then immediately after one of the biggest multiplayer games ever would be quite a thing.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Still don't see me dipping in on this unless I can import progression from other platforms.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Cool but can we have the real blizzard games be on the switch please?

Lost Vikings & Blackthorne

7Z7

May 30, 2018
What is the "PNL" on the second Overwatch line?

Secretly, I hope for the announcement of a Nintendo Switch Collector as for Diablo 3.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This list actually became legit before Plants VS Zombies release date, last week the Oct 18th release date for Scat's Adventure was also confirmed in a trailer.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still don't see me dipping in on this unless I can import progression from other platforms.

And yeah, this. I bought Diablo 3 with all intentions of a fresh start, but once I got the game I realized I don't want to part with the fucktons of progress I've made. While my progress on Overwatch is nowhere near what I achieved in Diablo 3, I don't think I'd want a fresh start on the Switch.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Why nothing better than starting over with a smurf account to mess around with and being matched with a bunch of new people. If your coming from pc you don't want to sweat playing against higher ranks without having time to adjust to controller for Overwatch. There's nothing to progress in Overwatch in reality unless you count a bunch of meaningless skins and sprays as "progress".

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Why are Xbox versions of games missing off the list though? Like NBA2K20

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Yeah when I saw that list I figured it was correct or its one hell of a guess because of PvZ thats been in the works for a while and tbh was surprised it wasn't announced at E3 or Gamescom even.

of course it could be a very lucky guess with a very easy type of leak to make so we will see but i 100% think its real and we will find out today.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have extremely high hopes for this but if it's 60fps, has gyro-controls and is sold at a reasonable price, I will gladly check it out.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems early for an unannounced port, especially only a few weeks ahead of blizzcon

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Ugh, hopefully not something that will be announced at the direct, make it announcement off show hopefully.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And yeah, this. I bought Diablo 3 with all intentions of a fresh start, but once I got the game I realized I don't want to part with the fucktons of progress I've made. While my progress on Overwatch is nowhere near what I achieved in Diablo 3, I don't think I'd want a fresh start on the Switch.

Yeah....that's one of the things that has made me stick with Overwatch on PS4 even though I ended up buying it on PC as well.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Please have an offline vs bots training mode! I'd like to play this away from my home.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
They arent going to make a special version for the switch. The chance of that is pretty slim

Training modes already exist in the game but you have to be online to play them for a stupid reason on other platforms. All they have to do to allow us to play those without connecting to internet. This is a handheld console, I think this needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.