• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Nope

What is the date for Xbox Showcase? Anyone know?

Screenshot_1.png

Hope it's ok to make the thread Im A Hero Too

Last edited:

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
That would probably mean Atlus is done with single plattform release from now on since new Persona were usually exclusive for PSX for a long time

Feb 16, 2022
Xbox having marketing for persona would be hype AF

ITS SHOWCASE SZN BABY LESSGOOOO
I thought they've had some marketing priority for the recent Persona collection already. So there's precedent of MS and SEGA striking some deal. There's also Like a Dragon getting its next gen/Xbox Series X version months before its PS5 version.

GreatBritton

Oct 29, 2017
This makes me very excited. Would that assume day one on game pass? They like to do that with their showcases…..

Mayjur

Feb 7, 2021
This makes me very excited. Would that assume day one on game pass? They like to do that with their showcases…..
I said this already elsewhere but if this is true, at most it'll likely just be a marketing deal. I wouldn't put stock in it being on Gamepass Day 1 unless they shelled out an ungodly amount of money. Never even Yakuza: LAD was Gamepass Day 1 and it had Xbox marketing.

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for Atlus to disappoint me yet again, like they always do, every time they're hyped up to announce something.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
itll be persona 5

but blue
Listen okay, Persona 3 is my favourite game of all time. I just want my expectations rock bottom.

I'm going to go into this expecting a live-service action gacha game with bloated DLC and post launch content. That way I can't be disappointed.

Feb 16, 2022
Isn't Im A Hero Too the one that was saying Persona 6 is PS5 exclusive too? That would be very odd turn of events.
Have they actually been verified by a mod? Last I remember, they said they were trying to get verified for Persona rumors, but no mods have reached out/responded to them. Then when the topic was raised again later, a mod said "I heard the same things they said, so I believe them", and AFAIK that was the closest thing to a verification they've got. I could very well have missed it, since the original rumors and posts were a while and multiple threads ago.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Have they actually been verified by a mod? Last I remember, they said they were trying to get verified for Persona rumors, but no mods have reached out/responded to them. Then when the topic was raised again later, a mod said "I heard the same things they said, so I believe them", and AFAIK that was the closest thing to a verification they've got. I could very well have missed it, since the original rumors and posts were a while and multiple threads ago.
we can treat this as the verification test, like in the good ole days

we'll know in a month

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
Would make sense, Xbox gave them one of the best spots on the 2022 show with Spencer making it sound like it was one of the biggest accomplishments he had made with Xbox. PlayStation on the other hand never really showed interest in giving Persona a spotlight.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao this was being spoiler tagged in the Xbox thread.

I'm very hyped but I really hope it's on Game Pass.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Would make sense, Xbox gave them one of the best spots on the 2022 show with Spencer making it sound like it was one of the biggest accomplishments he had made with Xbox. PlayStation on the other hand never really showed interest in giving Persona a spotlight.
What a ridiculous final sentence. Playstation and Sony pushed Persona hard and they are a main factor of it's current popularity.

If Sony wanted they could be showcasing this game too - their focus is on new games that are gonna sell more though.

There is a reason why P6 is gonna still be PS exclusive first.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

They showed P5 pre-release at one of their E3 shows, they made it one of their PS5 catalog titles, and the series gets a ton of promotion in Japan. I don't believe PS doesn't value the IP any less than Xbox has been showing with the collection release.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
So curious to see how Atlus handles this if it's true. Will they add FEMC, will they remake The Answer, will they replace Burn my Bread with the objectively better Soul Phrase???

Guess we'll see in a month's time if this pans out.

Of course they did. P5 was always highlighted as an important exclusive. Also Atlus liked to do their own stuff. The P5 reveal was a whole super elaborate event that they put together

Apr 24, 2018
Expecting virtually a 0% chance of the remake containing both The Answer and the P3P content. Hoping for the latter as I already played FES but never played P3P.

Sep 15, 2021
Hmm I've been thinking about playing FES after my current P3P FEMC play through… still might as I'm a sucker for that style of graphics in P3/P4

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
More smoke that the Persona 3 remake is real!!! I'm assuming it's coming to the PS5 as well so HHHHYYYYYPPPEEEEE!!!!

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

They had it at an E3, had it in the Plus collection, have mentioned how important Persona is to them etc etc. I think it's simply a matter of Microsoft was happy to pay for marketing for the remake and Sony didn't.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised it would be the P3 remake and not that other project Im A Hero Too was alluding to (different spinoff, and that Akechi game rumor is fake).

Status
Not open for further replies.