• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just found these two reports, the first stating that Persona 5 will be coming to the Nintendo Switch sometime in 2019, that a Switch port for Persona 5 has been "seriously considered since mid-2017", and that the official announcement might occur when the Persona 5 Smash Bros. DLC is released.

The second reports that the name for Persona 5 Switch could be either Persona 5: Ultimate or Persona 5: Reloaded.

Report 1: https:///rumor-persona-5-coming-to-nintendo-switch-in-2019/

Following the reveal of Joker for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, a new rumor about Persona 5 has surfaced.

MysticDistance, a translator and secondary writer for Persona Central, KHInsider, and many other websites, claims they have been told Persona 5 is heading to Nintendo Switch in 2019. MysticDistance says multiple sources have provided them "rather damning" evidence that the game is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2019. They also state they have took "great caution" in sharing this rumor with the public.

We've also learned that Persona 5 will be announced the day Joker becomes playable in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The updated version will have a new title and "contain adjustments to the game, additional aspects to the scenario, amongst other wanted additions".

A Switch port has been seriously considered since mid 2017, claims MysticDistance.
MysticDistance added that they are aware of Persona 5's new title on Switch and its launch window, but couldn't share that information at this point.

Given that MysticDistance is a longtime veteran in the industry, their words shouldn't be taken too lightly. Still, we will mark this as a rumor until Atlus officially comments on the matter.

Report 2: https:///rumor-persona-5-switch-official-title-is-persona-5-reloaded/

Now we have more information coming from MysticDistance, the same person who made public this rumor. While MysticDistance is already aware of the title of Persona 5's updated release on Nintendo Switch, they couldn't reveal what it is but did drop a hint.

The hint, as stated by MysticDistance, is that it's based on one of the domain names Atlus registered in the past. So we did some digging and found two domains they discussed in the past – P5U.jp and P5R.jp.

Depending on how you look at it, Persona 5 could be called Persona 5 Ultimate or Persona 5 Reloaded on Nintendo Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing through it for the first time right now. I wonder if I made a mistake and should have waited for this "ultimate" version...

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Next Nintendo Direct. They'll announce it with first Smash Joker gameplay.

Book it.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Well I'd rather get a persona 3 and 4 hd port first because 5 just came out last year.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Goddammit. It's just a rumor, but now on the off chance it's true and the new game has additional content, I don't want to continue where I am in P5 until we know for certain.

Oct 27, 2017
Adjustments to the game? Please let me wander at night whenever i want, even after i go to a Palace without the need to max out Kawakami. Enough with Morgana wanting to make me sleep even when i just made a couple of infiltration tools.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Rumors popping up right after the Joker announcement that no one saw coming?

Right.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
well almost certainly it is in development now with the smash bros announcement, however after the whole "fake insider" thing with TGA and the smash bros leak a month ago, id say to not trust every rumor you see, so we wont have a repeat again.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I legitimately don't know the answer: how many Atlus games are available on PC?
Only 1.

Giten Megami Tensei for Win9x and the PC-98. Hasn't been translated though. Atlus is primarily focused on the Japanese market and PC just ain't a thing there.

maxresdefault.jpg

There's SMT: Imagine I guess but that wasn't developed by Atlus.

Last edited:

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
I always thought Rouge would work for the title. Red colour, very similar to "rogue".

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Adjustments to the game? Please let me wander at night whenever i want, even after i go to a Palace without the need to max out Kawakami. Enough with Morgana wanting to make me sleep even when i just made a couple of infiltration tools.

You know it's the same in the previous games right? The only difference is that you yourself feel tired rather than another character telling you that.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
If that's the case then it'll be Ruby as that's another precious material like Golden alludes to
Is this a meme I am not aware of?

Also I like how there was not even a hint of this from any "sources" before the Smash Joker reveal. Something that nobody reported or guessed beforehand either. Would take all of this with the largest grain of salt.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I really hope so... being able to take this game with me and chip away at it may be the secret tonic to get me to actually finish the fucking thing.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, gonna call BS. Even if Persona 5 does come to Switch these guys don't know a thing about it.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't fathom people actually wanting to replay this. Even with a few new additions.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I legitimately don't know the answer: how many Atlus games are available on PC?
Atlus USA publish a bunch of games on Steam. Those developed by Team ACE are the first ones that come to mind.

Aside from those, I think it's just this, which I'd actually not heard of before searching for it.

The Persona and SMT games would do huge numbers on PC. Dunno why Atlus are leaving that money on the table.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No way are they going with a lame subtitle like Ultimate.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The rumors just happen to surface the day after Joker is announced for Smash?

Are these actual rumors or wishes presented as rumors? Does this person have any credibility other than this timing?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Goddammit. It's just a rumor, but now on the off chance it's true and the new game has additional content, I don't want to continue where I am in P5 until we know for certain.

If this was anyone but Atlus I'd say they'll let you upgrade your ps4 version for a reduced price, but they won't

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a meme I am not aware of?

Also I like how there was not even a hint of this from any "sources" before the Smash Joker reveal. Something that nobody reported or guessed beforehand either. Would take all of this with the largest grain of salt.
People have been guessing P5R meant Ruby for about a year now...

Oct 26, 2017
If it happens, will they block screenshots on the Switch too? That stupid move killed my excitement for the original. I want to capture every crazy thing that happens in the game, dammit.

Oct 27, 2017
You know it's the same in the previous games right? The only difference is that you yourself feel tired rather than another character telling you that.

I still don't like that. Honestly i don't even know why they put the requirement to be able to wander at night after going to a Palace with such a high confidant level. At least make it so that after the first Palace i can unlock the "massage" ability and do whatever i want at night.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if it was coming, but I don't believe this "rumour" wasn't just made up on the spot by this person as soon as the Smash character was announced.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is true. I don't have a working PS4 anymore and never got to finish the game.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't fathom people actually wanting to replay this. Even with a few new additions.
There'll be plenty who haven't played it before, or people holding off on the possibility of a Switch port. I'm holding off because I can't imagine enjoying such a huge time commitment and also be tied to a TV.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's speculation presented as a rumor, which wouldn't be the first time from this guy.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Persona 5 is fantastic, but could definitely do with some QoL improvements. Fuck you Morgana, don't tell me what to do!

Might be a nice way to dive in again! Bring it on!

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I still don't like that. Honestly i don't even know why they put the requirement to be able to wander at night after going to a Palace with such a high confidant level. At least make it so that after the first palace i can unlock the "massage" ability and do whatever i want at night.

Because the game is designed with the players having a set number of free time that in mind.

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
it's obvious that the Joker dlc will be arriving either with Persona 5 on Switch or at least an announcement around the same time of the dlc being available. Maybe the dlc will come in June with a P5 announcement at E3. MAYBE some SMTV news too, but I doubt it.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rumors just happen to surface the day after Joker is announced for Smash?

Are these actual rumors or wishes presented as rumors? Does this person have any credibility other than this timing?

The pessimist in me just thinks they're assuming Persona 5 is coming to the Switch, which is likely anyway, and that they're hoping Sega announces it soon so they can say they got ahead of the announcement.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
persona 4 golden sold a lot for being a great port on a portable platform. i could see them do it... now gimme smt v

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
The best way to play Persona is on a portable!

Already played through P5 but would gladly do it again the right way, specially if it comes with any extras!

Status
Not open for further replies.