• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This comes from the same user that previously leaked Persona 3 Remake.

Absolute zero chance 6 releases this year. It was delayed internally just yesterday and there is a rough timeframe but can't share, sorry.

Could be to release remake first or the other game but I'm not privy to that info. If the teaser is at Sony's next show, I'll know beforehand and confirm.

Screenshot_20230228_115052_Chrome.jpg

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Huh

Well if P3make is real, then that will be this year. 2024 for P6 was expected anyway.

Moara

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I never expected it to come out this year lol

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Did anyone expect there was a non-zero chance of this year in the first place? If anything, hearing this makes me assume zero chance of 2024 as well which sucks.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I mean, the game isn't even announced yet.

No way in hell it's coming out this year.

EDIT: Or next year.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Life doesn't change.
Wait over.
Not the time to make history yet.
Mass deception.
Waiting all out.
Reach out of the news.

Sep 6, 2022
Who realistically expected it to magically drop this year?
I expect we get a teaser followed by a year of silence.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
At best you were getting a teaser trailer to let you know that Persona 6 is a thing.

You might as well throw a 30-60 second anime clip ala Persona 5 with a highlight track to let you know the aesthetic and that there's such a game coming out with no release date.

thatjesushair

Mar 21, 2019
Its going to be a sad day for many people when they realize the same director of 3, 4, and 5 isn't working on 6.

Additionally, the major success of 5 is making Atlus rush 6.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
There's really only one persona song for the occasion

www.youtube.com

"Backside of the TV" Lyrics Persona 4 OST

AKA Studio Backlot. There were no simple lyric videos of the original version of this song so here ya go.Image Credit: http://community.foundry.com/discuss/t...

Darkness, endless, despair, fear no more
Coldness, blackened, no sound, feel no pain
Captured, helpless, ultimate, dreadful fate
Powerless, lifeless, no breath, falling down

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
For more context, the game reveal was pulled back from the anniversary celebration event at the last minute...now we know why.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
They need more time to research the least consistent pattern for releasing games on different platforms, to maximize user annoyance.

(In all seriousness, I think there was zero expectation of a release anytime soon, and it was never outwardly announced as such.)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They need more time to research the least consistent pattern for releasing games on different platforms, to maximize user annoyance.

(In all seriousness, I think there was zero expectation of a release anytime soon, and it was never outwardly announced as such.)

It's never even been announced at all, has it?

Its going to be a sad day for many when people when they realize the same director of 3, 4, and 5 isn't working on 6.

That homophobic, misogynistic loser finally being off of Persona is the best thing that's ever happened to the series.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect it this year with no announcement yet. Way too packed with big games. I just hope it arrives by 2024.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Nobody expected Atlus to announce and release a game such as Persona 6 in the same year.

I think they are taking their time precisely because they know thay can't fumble it.
After Soul Hackers 2 it has become clear that Atlus is relying exclusively on Persona to stay relevant.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Have to be an absolute lunatic to think there was any chance of it releasing this year.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Its going to be a sad day for many when people when they realize the same director of 3, 4, and 5 isn't working on 6.
Thats adding content to an already WELL developed game that took many, many years. Its different than building something new (although I do assume they'll use the same engine)
If anything, Hashino not being involved is actually why I'm more excited for Persona 6. As for my reasons for this…
www.resetera.com

The Phobic Crimes of Katsura Hashino (Director/Producer, ATLUS)

WHAT IS THIS? It was suggested by several members in the ongoing thread about the Catherine: Full Body scandal (see below) that a "megathread" be created about the man responsible, Katsura Hashino. The purpose of said thread would be to educate Era users about his views, works, and the...

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Remember when P3 and P4 were released a mere 2 years apart? 🥲

The pre HD era was a magical time to be alive lol

2 Persona games and a load of SMT games over a 5 year span

3 GTA games from 2001 - 2004

4 mainline FF games from 1997 - 2001

3 mainline Zelda games from 1998 - 2003

Whew

Small Red Boy

â–² Legend â–²
May 9, 2019
Hashino not being involved is actually why I'm more excited for Persona 6. As for my reasons for this…
www.resetera.com

The Phobic Crimes of Katsura Hashino (Director/Producer, ATLUS)

WHAT IS THIS? It was suggested by several members in the ongoing thread about the Catherine: Full Body scandal (see below) that a "megathread" be created about the man responsible, Katsura Hashino. The purpose of said thread would be to educate Era users about his views, works, and the...
Oh it's not the same guy. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.