• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Did not see any thread about that so sorry if this was already post

According to the rumor, Sony would be developing the title so as to publish it for the launch in 2020 for PlayStation 5. They will put in lots of money to finance this project because they think it will boost PlayStation 5's appeal on launch. It will then be launched in 2021 on PC. This would be in line with Shawn Layden's statements regarding how he wants Sony to publish their games on other platforms. However, there won't be cross play.
If it follows the Super Smash Bros. formula, it will have over the top animations. They will also presumably have cartoon-like graphics and the gameplay will be made so that it can attract both casual and eSport players.

Still a rumor but would definitely be interesting to see especially the fact that they apparently plan a free to play version.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The rumor first emerged when a presumed Capcom USA employee uploaded some confidential information on the internet. And the internet did it what it does best. Consequently, the supposed leak took over 4Chan, NeoGAF and ResetERA.

It did? I missed it.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
200.gif

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I find it hard to believe it won't have cross-play with the PC version.

Pressing X to doubt.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Why, after the last shitshow how can the expect to get a better response in terms of Ip's available.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
A fighting game of only Sony characters on PC makes no sense. But I'm there day 1 regardless, if this is true

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Will be interesting to see if they steal more from Smash or divert from it. The middle ground they went for with the first entry was abysmal, so either way it will be a positive. Hopefully.

ChimpBottle

Apr 6, 2018
If this is true (and I hope it is) it might be best they drop the "PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale" name. It sounds like a purposefully bad parody

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
3D Arena Brawler? It'd be nice if they didn't rip off Smash so blatantly.

Also like the idea of Crash and Spyro being in it.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
There's like no source at all about this, not even mentioned in the article itself. As if the article writer is or is very close to being the source itself.

doubt.gif

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Assuming this is real, I don't know how to feel about this.

On one hand, it could end up being decent sine Capcom would be developing, but on the other, I honestly would just want to see Sony try and fail miserably to rip-off Smash Bros again.

I'm calling fake, though.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom Presents
Sony Computer Entertainment
Jazzy intro music starts playing

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
What's the source of the rumor?
it mentions 4chan and Era but doesn't link to any of them

Seems super fake to be honest

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So where exactly does this rumor come from? Because the article doesn't exactly read like it's from their sources, it reads like they found it somewhere else.
Also, and with all due respect: fuck Battle Royale, give me PlayStation All-Stars Karting or bust.

Oct 26, 2017
Sony and Capcom, huh? Very intriguing.

If this turns out to be more than just a rumor, then I'll be all over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.