• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• Team Real

Votes: 598 41.6%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 399 27.8%
  • Team Chaotix: They're detectives you want on your side!

Votes: 439 30.6%

• Total voters

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazed people think it looks okay. Still looks pretty damn bad to me, reminds me of something out of a don't hug me I'm scared short. It has like blank, dead eyes and there's something in general about it's face that looks wrong. Maybe it's inherent that a more realistic Sonic would just look horrific.

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe sonic powers up, or transforms into the muscular weirder sonic design later in the movie.

Hell, knowing Hollywood, he probably starts off as a normal hedgehog at the start of the movie but is transformed into a blue speedy, humanoid hedgehog after some interaction with Dr Robotnik. Like Robotnik is trying to steal some gem from a museum (chaos emerald) and uses it in a ray gun and that transforms a normal hedgehog into sonic. Near the end sonic gets another power up from a chaos emerald and he gets more freakish, allowing him to run at super sonic speeds and defeat Robotnik.

Fml.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm team real here. Could just be a younger version of Sonic. Why the hell they'd make him more muscular and human-like as he gets older is beyond me.

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
I am hoping that this is real, why doesn't the limbs match the official posters though?

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's doesn't look that bad but it don't match with the recent poster art

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
It's probably earlier concept art, or marketing mock ups based on unfinalised concept art.

The design would have gone through a ton of iteration and they would have been getting on with many other aspects of the movie during that entire process, hence why it doesn't look like the poster art.

If that is the case, it's unlikely how the final version will look.

Oct 28, 2017
https://www.twitter.com/ktouktou/status/1073159896634408962
DuShO93WoAAFhC8

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
What doesn't add up for me, if it's fake, is that someone would have had to mock it up in a matter of days when it looks way too in-depth for that. Unless they were casually sitting on the render waiting for the perfect time to mislead everyone.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
I actually expected a lot worse. If this is true then definitely keen to see if it's an early design

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually kinda okay with how that looks. Could have been far worse. Fuck blue arms though.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
It's probably earlier concept art, or marketing mock ups based on unfinalised concept art.

The design would have gone through a ton of iteration and they would have been getting on with many other aspects of the movie during that entire process, hence why it doesn't look like the poster art.

If that is the case, it's unlikely how the final version will look.

Yup, same with that cast list. All looks like pre-production stuff to me, to set some directions.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
The legs look much more thicker than the teaser where he has an outlook on the bridge

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
If that's the face then I'm ok with it, if so then all the other posters were making the movie look worst then it was going to be

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
If this is actually what he looks like, they should have put it out immediately after the uproar.

Looks far better than I think anyone predicted after the two posters.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
That looks less terrible than I expected, but terrible nonetheless

And if they are gonna make him so weirdly human-like he should wear pants tbh

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this design is better than you expected, I dread to think what you were expecting.

This is 10x worse than the other posters

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
AHHHH HAHAHA what the fuck is that? How are some of you saying 'better than I expected' !!!

Jesus tap dancing christ. He looks like Beast from new X Men movies.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
What makes you think this is real? I'm not understanding how this makes it authentic - it looks like the cinematic equivalent of a 'leaked E3 conference runsheet'. Someone's just thrown a bunch of VERY random actor's names on a sheet with some Classic Sonic clipart. No basic cast description either. From what pitch session scripts I've seen, they may have a few dream cast (HEH) names on there for reference but it's to describe what they're looking for. These names are all over the place.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So Chris Pratt is now in a movie with a talking Velociraptor, a Racoon and now a Hedgehog.

What's next?

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Took me several seconds to realize that Sonic was on top of the police car with the feet on the head of the policeman. I thought at first that he was laying down at the back of a car with a horribly off perspective. So it's better, but the shading is still terrible so it's hard to figure out what is going on. Is Sonic supposed to be that small ? Can't wait to see the mashup of bodybuilder body and this face.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
With this film, you have to assume Team Fake and the real one is going to be worse at this point, right?

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Team fake. The design is clearly different between the shoes and the body. Also the feet resting on the head looks really off.

Jun 7, 2018
Those teasers were worse than actual Sonic. While it isn't perfect, it's better than what I was expecting. That being said, Illumination or Sony Animation would have probably been a better choice.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looks better than those first reveals.

And those Winnie the Pooh and Pokemon realistic renders are far more nightmare inducing than this.