• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well?

• Team Real

Votes: 598 41.6%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 399 27.8%
  • Team Chaotix: They're detectives you want on your side!

Votes: 439 30.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
latest

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Hey I actually rather like that face. Sure as hell better than the body/legs we've seen so far.

And how come it doesn't match either officially released image?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I think he looks rather adorable. I would be okay with that design. I think it's fake though.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
still looks like "early design" to me as it doesn't really fit what we've seen of the movie, particularly of Sonic driving a car

sonic-movie13-2.jpg

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
I swear some of you guys are drama queens XD lol. It really doesn't look that bad as some of you are making it seem.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
If real that's actually not so bad. It looks cartoony which fits more. The pre-reveal stuff had me thinking he would look way too human-like.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they have to change anything about Sonic's design? It's not like it's possible to make him realistic in anyway without looking ridiculous.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
It's a marketing mock up that they put together before the movie was cast. Pratt isn't in the movie he was just one of the actors they wanted for the role, so it makes sense it looks like bad photoshop.
Yep, look through like ANY "Art Of" book for live action movies and you'll see concept art of all kinds of different actors and actresses in the costumes. It's likely a real poster, but it's a promotional piece for some kind of trade show where they were trying to sell the movie to a studio, so tons and tons of shit has changed since it was made.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
It's a marketing mock up that they put together before the movie was cast. Pratt isn't in the movie he was just one of the actors they wanted for the role, so it makes sense it looks like bad photoshop.

if it is then that isn't sonic's final design at all. i mean it's a bit obvious the silhouette does not fit this model.

Oct 25, 2017
Naw, team fake.
Or at least team not final.
I don't think this represents what he will look like in the movie is what I'm sayin.

Deleted member 24624

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's probably real, but a ditched design. What nightmare world are we in to where that design is preferred over what Paramount is actually using?

DtG

May 17, 2018
Fake. Pratt's face looks horribly photoshopped and Sonic's legs look nothing like the posters we've seen.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Team Real cuz I hope it is, he looks cute and not absolutely terrifying like that Mime Pokémon in the Detective Pikachu trailer

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Like they successfully managed to fuck up ALL of his proportions AND his demeanor.

sonic-the-hedgehog.jpg

Look at his OG artwork (which clearly is what the movie is basing off of) in comparison.

Big head
small body
connected eyes
thin lanky legs
thin lanky arms
big feet and hands
big protuding nose
strong posture with an inviting pose
confident/intimidating demeanor (try and make the face he's making in the above pic and you'll understand what I mean)

sonic_poster.jpg

His head is too small
His body is too long and large
His feet are too small
His eyes are too far apart - not connected
His nose is tiny
His demeanor is too friendly
His body language is too relaxed

Even in the more modern versions of Sonic all of the original traits properly:

His head is significantly bigger than his body
His feet and hands are huge
His demeanor is intimidating and competitive
His body language is strong
His eyes are connected
His nose is long and protrudes out of his face

The movie Sonic legit looks like a kid in a costume. Like why bother changing his look at all when the entire subject matter is insane. You have a anthropomorphic hedgehog that can run at the speed of light like come on now.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not bad to be honest, looks like a care bear, his body is just wrong. It's like young adult bear with gel styling hair.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
This movie is going to be dog shit. Screengrab this. If I'm wrong, please bring it up again and rub my nose in it. Fuck, I'd LIKE to be proven wrong. But I won't be.. I'm saying 2/5 or 4/10.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
"I don't think SEGA was entirely happy with the eye decision, but these sorts of things you go, 'It's going to look weird if we don't do this.' But everything is a discussion, and that's kind of the goal, which is to only change what's necessary and stay true to the rest of it," said Miller. "He's not going to feel like a Pixar character would because I don't think that's the right aesthetic to make it feel like part of our world."

This sonic doesn't seem to reflect that comment to me. Maybe sega just wanted his eyes attached like everywhere else, but it sounds like the movie makers wanted something more realistic than this.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I mean this looks 100x better than what has been shown so maybe that was the plan, it still isn't good. I'll go with real.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
even if its real, thats not what sonic will look like in the final movie since it could be a VERY early art for Sonic, as we know for a fact his body doesnt look anything at all like the body in this leaked pic

so... I'm team real BUT the final Sonic will look nothing like this