• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Usually, I wouldn't make a thread about one post, but this could be a major announcement coming soon:

Restera user terry clarke claims he got to play a new build of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe recently, he says there was a space that wasn't there before, presumably for a new cup. He asked the rep there aboutnew content coming to the game, but they declined to comment. Nintendo's Shinya Takahashi said there would be updates coming to the game, a new Labo mode and BOTW Link being what we have so far. It's safe to say that there's more on the way, here's the post in full:

Keep in mind English likely isn't his first language:

I need to tell you all of a demo or something I played at a show the other day it was guiness world records featuring Mario kart. This was a space track not anything on Mario kart and it WAS on switch ! Is this the new dlc of tracks coming soon??? I asked and they could not tell me??
Definitely never saw it before though and was Switch!

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
something like this would be under heavy NDA and would be invite only. making this post would allow nintendo to find the leaker real quick.

this reads off to me

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I think we need better sources for this. Not doubting what the person saw, but it could just be an impression.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
xBmbOcq.gif

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
The only space track I remember now is Rainbow Road lol

But yeah, the claim is really shady and weird

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully, MK8 is awesome, I think it should be the platform going forward for a lot of DLC.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
This isn't a specific enough claim to qualify as a rumor, is it?

TWIST - EXCLUSIVE TO Nintendo Switch Subscribers

I honestly think distributing DLC for first-party titles for free with the subscription would be a really fantastic upending of the payment model we've expected for paid DLC up to this point.

They'd have to give you a perpetual license somehow, though, and not just cut you off when you stop paying. Or it'd have to be non-exclusive and available for separate purchase but just accessible for free with the subscription.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it, but give me Mario Kart 7 Rainbow Road you cowards!

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I knew I remembered this right, the guy uses other forums as sources? Idk, seems weird

So Nintendo just secured the trademark once again for *pilotwings* This tells me what i heard whispers of true or false could be right. A Full on resort type game featuring wave race 1080 and now pilotwings could well be reality.
I say heard i read it on other Nintendo forums so dont shoot me if not true but either way looks like Nintendo bringing all their heavy hitters to Switch!!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No one who has actual information should be sloppy enough to quadruple post

Nov 27, 2017
California
I'm thinking something is definitely coming the first weekend or month for their online service
I'm banking on a smash brothers ultimate test fire demo thing for the weekend

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't want it to happen because I would NEED to buy MK8 on the switch and I am one of the 3 person who haven't bough yet

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'd bet money that MK8D updates are coming, but this may not be the best source. No offense, Terry Clarke.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
wAT. That post is way too vague lol. But having new tracks would be awesome and would definitely make me double dip and upgrade to the Switch version cuz right now I only have the Wii U version.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Usually, I wouldn't make a thread about one post, but this could be a major announcement coming soon:

Restera user terry clarke claims he got to play a new build of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe recently, he says there was a space that wasn't there before, presumably for a new cup. He asked the rep there aboutnew content coming to the game, but they declined to comment. Nintendo's Shinya Takahashi said there would be updates coming to the game, a new Labo mode and BOTW Link being what we have so far. It's safe to say that there's more on the way, here's the post in full:

I need to tell you all of a demo or something I played at a show the other day it was guiness world records featuring Mario kart. This was a space track not anything on Mario kart and it WAS on switch ! Is this the new dlc of tracks coming soon??? I asked and they could not tell me??
Definitely never saw it before though and was Switch!

Screams like a case of "My uncle works at Nintendo and I saw this and this and this."

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If this is legit, my character guesses are...
  • Diddy Kong
  • Funky Kong
  • Birdo
  • Spring Man
  • Ribbon Girl or Twintelle
  • Octoling Girl & Boy

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
something like this would be under heavy NDA and would be invite only. making this post would allow nintendo to find the leaker real quick.

this reads off to me
It would be under NDA

That said, years back when I found out about Paper Mario Wii U, it was through similar methods.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
OP, he's not saying he saw a space that wasn't there before, he's saying he saw a space track. As in outer space.

I think. Because shit's hard to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.