• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtuaRacer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A speculative article from GamingBolt based upon a random, unverified tweet:
As per a tweet posted by one H.R. Nikoofar (whose description says he's everything from a game designer to a music composer to a film director), Quantum Break 2 has entered pre-production over at Remedy, something he says he "knows for a fact", while in a later tweet he clarifies that the sequel is not P7– they're two different projects.

Honestly, this should be taken with a grain of salt. There's little to suggest that there might be credibility to this, and this is by no means official at all- that said, given the popularity of Quantum Break, it wouldn't be completely impossible to see Remedy wanting to work on a sequel for the game.

Here is the Twitter account in question:

Was Quantum Break successful and well received enough for Remedy Games/Microsoft to invest in a sequel?

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Please get rid of the TV episode bullshit. Besides that the game was actually good.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as they don't make more live-action segments, I'm in. I'm yet to finish the first, but it's kinda good and fun outside the shoddily produced TV show.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I really really hope this is true. Quantum Break was a pretty good game, in my eyes, and I hope they expand on it in every way possible.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I'd wait for a more worthy source than some random guy on Twitter with 100 followers.

Rezsolution

Oct 31, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
As a big Remedy fan, come the fuck on. Quantum Break is less popular than Alan Wake! I'm not even crying out for an Alan Wake sequel but this makes no sense to me.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I would love a sequel. Ax the television show parts and make the game parts much longer and I'm all in.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I doubt it. The game was not critically or commercially sucessful. A new IP is much more credible.

Edit: And yeah, I agree bring back Alan Wake would be a much better choice

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think a random tweet of a person with no history about leaking stuff is very worthy imo.
Thats the reason the tweet also stayed in the MS studio's thread a couple of days ago. Until a gamingsite pickes it up offcourse and makes news of it.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
As a big Remedy fan, come the fuck on. Quantum Break is less popular than Alan Wake! I'm not even crying out for an Alan Wake sequel but this makes no sense to me.
I have to agree.
While I liked QB I find that AW is much more liked in general and would make a better IP to work on.
That's if they're not making another AW already

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, which I doubt, I hope it signals a new policy within the XBOX division with regards to their games portfolio.

Brink

Dec 18, 2017
I just read some of the guy's tweets.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is false.

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm happy with it, Remedy is a really talented developer and I hope they can make a AC2/UC2 type sequel jump.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
This guy has 4 tweets between first joining Twitter in 2013 through 2016. Looks like he runs a site with conversations with some devs, I don't know if half a grain of salt is even worth it.

Oct 26, 2017
1. Take random garbage rumor from Twitter
2. Headline: "is [insert garbage rumor] happening??"
3. Text: "There is no reason to believe this, but hey, crazier things!"
4. Get clicks

>_>

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be so incredibly down for this. I really want to see how Remedy would pull off End of Time levels.

I doubt it's actually happening but QB2 could technically fit with what we have heard from Remedy and Microsoft.

During 2018, the company will have two game projects in the production phase, in which both the personnel expenses caused by them and purchases of external services are at their highest. One of the projects is the company's own game brand codenamed P7, in which the company's own financing plays a significant role. At the same time, the company will launch a third game project, continuing recruitment and other investments supporting the growth strategy

Shannon Loftis also said the following about Quantum Break last year.

Remedy exclusively made Xbox games for 10 years, but recently Sam Lake revealed that his studio is now working on multi-platform games. What does that mean for Microsoft and Alan Wake and Quantum Break?

And we have a few IPs that my team brought to the table over the last [generation] – I think Quantum Break is a really good example of a world and a phenomenon where there's still a lot of story that we can tell.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
I would love a sequel but, even if in pre-production, the game may not even be pitched by MS, like Alan Wake 2
Hopefully this gets made because threre was a lot of potential left to the first game, it really needed some fight with a shifter or some travel to the breachs. Also, hopefully it doesn't have live action scenes (not because I didn't like it, which I did but) because those should have been way to expensive and would make less likely for the game sequel to exist.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
I'm not sure what they would even do for it. IMO, the biggest strength of Quantum Break was how it depicted time and time travel.

If they make another game, they'll either ruin the original point and throw plot out of the window or make a pointless game that stays true to the plot. I'd still be curious for what they've got, but my expectations are low.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't surprise me one bit. Shannon Loftis said Recore and QB had a lot more stories to tell also the game sold above MS expectations.

https://wccftech.com/quantum-break-sales-sequel/

Given the right budget and enough time a sequel could turn out much better than the first game. Also Remedy must have learned a lot from the development of the first game. The TV show wasn't needed imo.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Doesn't seem like a reliable source to me. Plus, Remedy did say their next project would be multiplatform. Or are they working on two games at the same time, I don't know.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Just get rid of the stupid TV show. I liked the idea but wasn't a fan of the execution in the end. I know you could skip the TV show parts but I would have preferred a more ordinary approach to video game storytelling.

Deleted member 26837

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If this is true, then

Mit ihmet työ perhana teettä jätkät?

If not,

Tehkee jottee pirun siistii ja simppelimpee

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem like a reliable source to me. Plus, Remedy did say their next project would be multiplatform. Or are they working on two games at the same time, I don't know.
They are working on Project 7 wich is multiplatform.
Crossfire 2 story mode
And a third project.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So...a completely random user that's supposedly a game designer, composer and film director all in one, says Quantum Break 2 is in pre-production, "it's a fact" too! And in the very next reply says:

Come on guys. At least make sure something has some meat to it first.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Remedy state that they broke of their partnership with MS to go independent and had like 3 projects that they were working (none being exclusive)? Just weird for them to all of a sudden go back to making QB2 exclusiviely when the first game had such a long development and not really receive well.

Status
Not open for further replies.