• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IbizaPocholo

Oct 28, 2017
Ibiza
https://observer.com/2019/02/alien-isolation-series-disney-fox-sale-box-office/

Sources tell us that an R-rated animated series based on the video game Alien: Isolation is being developed for a seven-episode run. The series apparently hails from Axis Animation, which also did the VFX work on the game, and could arrive as early as April. We're told the digital series may make its home on the Alien website, though that remains unknown at this time.

Representatives for Axis Animation did not respond to multiple requests for comment. We'll update you as soon as we have more information.

Oct 28, 2017
IgMyx.gif

Oct 25, 2017
The game's plot overall was what me sour on the game after liking it quite a bit.

Happy with this.

I'd imagine you'd need to recreate the feeling that this unstoppable force is always just around the corner but not sure how you'd do that.

Alien and 3 had the benefit of it being a newborn - juvenile- fullgrown over the early minutes of each film. This alien is most likely going to be already fullgrown seeing as the ship was near a ghost town when you first board.

I'd appreciate a new game of course, but this is also good news.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A bunch of intersectional media for a sequel that doesn't exist?

That's a real puzzler, that is.
Alien: Blackout is the game sequel. They danced around to avert petty GAMER RAGE, but it is the sequel to Isolation. Amanda's talking about Sevastopol and her experiences fighting the Alien within less than 10 minutes into the game.
Aliens: Resistance is the comic book. Also a sequel.
This TV show is the TV show. Probably also a sequel.

I remember Fox using the "Read Play Watch" slogan. That fits with this.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this means Isolation might see some sort of reboot. Sega really should consider bringing it to PSVR.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
"We want a sequel to this game."
"Okay, here's a comic."
"No, a game sequel to the video game."
"Okay, here's a mobile game with only vague connections to the original title!"
"No again, we just want a direct sequel to the game."
"Have a cartoon then!"
giphy.gif

May 26, 2018
Alien: Blackout is the game sequel. They danced around to avert petty GAMER RAGE, but it is the sequel to Isolation. Amanda's talking about Sevastopol and her experiences fighting the Alien within less than 10 minutes into the game.
Aliens: Resistance is the comic book. Also a sequel.
This TV show is the TV show. Probably also a sequel.

I remember Fox using the "Read Play Watch" slogan. That fits with this.

Holy shit I'm out of the loop. I never played Blackout and had no idea it was a sequel to Isolation.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
I mean... if it's Castlevania Netflix level quality, sign me the fuck up.

I'm not holding my breath though.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Dunno why in 2019 they are still adding onto Isolation, make a damn sequel already, if they are worried about Isolation being too niche, make a spiritual successor with the Colonial Marines (which is what the normies want lets be honest) but make it more like Resident Evil 2, a good mix of horror, action & survival, that would be an instant hit i think.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
"We want a sequel to this game."
"Okay, here's a comic."
"No, a game sequel to the video game."
"Okay, here's a mobile game with only vague connections to the original title!"
"No again, we just want a direct sequel to the game."
"Have a cartoon then!"
giphy.gif

It's not that complicated. AAA games are expensive to make. We're talking $70 million on average. Comics, mobile games and cartoons are significantly cheaper. Alien: Isolation, good as it was, only sold about 2 million copies. By AAA standards, that's a flop.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not that complicated. AAA games are expensive to make. We're talking $70 million on average. Comics, mobile games and cartoons are significantly cheaper. Alien: Isolation, good as it was, only sold about 2 million copies. By AAA standards, that's a flop.
Damn you Colonial Marines for ruining all the good will for Alien Games.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
Damn you Colonial Marines for ruining all the good will for Alien Games.

I don't think that's the reason A:I failed. A:I failed because it was a stealth horror game with a AAA budget. Stealth horror will never have broad enough appeal to be profitable with that kind of investment. There's a reason why AAA games are almost exclusively action games.