• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 11, 2017
India
So, a new Reddit user posted a possible leak about Red Dead Online, saying that a major update might be arriving tomorrow. I talked to them over Reddit.

The leaker first posted the information on r/RedDeadOnline where the reception was quite negative. "Could you send me some valid proofs of your sourced information?", I questioned. "I cannot only because it would put someone's job in jeopardy", they replied.

From what they've told me during our conversation, tomorrow's update might be Red Dead Online's first "major" update. Players will be able to purchase properties, homes and ranches and make money out of them. New carriages and wagons would be added along with at least one new horse. Some of these vehicles would be comfort-oriented while some would be hunting-focused allowing players to carry more animals, skins and carcasses.

What exactly his friend wrote -
What I told you is pretty much what he told me. Here is the exact text:
"its gonna be the first "major" update the the game. you'll be able to purchases homes, ranches, property to make money from, etc. Theres gonna be carriages and wagons along with 1 or 2 new horses. Some carriages will be meant to carry more animals and such while hunting and some carriages are more combat oriented."
A later text he sent to me said:
"It will be teased at some point this week, most likely monday but will definitely be launching on thursday"

So, maybe pass it since they have no credibility at all? Or?

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Be nice if the company who makes the game would tell us these things in advance.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Purchase properties in Red dead online ? A coat requires level 50 and 500$+ so how much would a house cost lol. You need to take a loan to get it

OP
OP
Pingal Pratyush
Dec 11, 2017
India
Purchase properties in Red dead online ? A coat requires level 50 and 500$+ so how much would a house cost lol. You need to take a loan to get it
Loan reminds me of IoI in Ready Player One. If Rockstar allows it, let's form a player-bank where we'll give loans to people and then take high interests in return. And if they can't pay back, we'll takeover their properties, kill them and steal their gold bars.

Wow, I'm evil.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
17c.png

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
ugh. i was hoping it was for the main game. Aiming is so terrible...and the HDR thing. I kinda dont expect them to fix these things. But man they are some big flubs. The games so tedious and i stopped playing awhile ago and haven't gone back. And everytime i think i might...i remember that it has some of the worst shooting controls ive experienced in the last 2 gens

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Can we call the RDR2's online portion for just RDR Online? because that's it's real name and there would be less confusion and no "oh it's online"

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't believe it was for SP before I entered but I held out hope.

Still haven't tried online despite loving the hell out of the campaign.

Oct 29, 2017
Ah it's just Red Dead Online. Personally I was kinda hoping for some small updates for the single player like the ability to remove your second holster and maybe to add some of the clothes from online, since some of them are just recolors that just aren't in the singleplayer for no reason.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
It's been over a month without any updates, i thought they have moved on lol. Unless R* change something around SP (controls etc which is unlikely) with this update, i'm not excited at all.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
The online mode is dreadfully pointless at the moment, and my interest has dwindled like rock in water over time.

Singleplayer was great though

Oh, Red Dead Online.
Honesty, why would they be updating the singleplayer at this point? Most people are done with it, and multiplayer will be the focus going forward.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Too late for me, I'm already onto Apex Legends with the guys now....

Also we got Metro coming out on Thursday night so there goes any chance of me playing this.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I played about 10 hours of Online when I finished the story, but there really wasn't much to do that's unique to that mode, aside from races and gun battles (neither of which were all that engrossing to play). Had I not played the story, just exploring that world would be enough for me, but I got 100% in the single player so the online hasn't really grabbed me so far.

A new major update would be very much welcome as I love RDR so much and just want a reason to return. I would love to play RDR Online the way so many people played GTA Online.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Loan reminds me of IoI in Ready Player One. If Rockstar allows it, let's form a player-bank where we'll give loans to people and then take high interests in return. And if they can't pay back, we'll takeover their properties, kill them and steal their gold bars.

Wow, I'm evil.
Haha that would be awesome but chaotic at the same time. I can picture you going to someone's farm every week asking for your money or someone will get hurt

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Already deleted from my hard drive. Did they really think this content pipeline out given how many online games are releasing?

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they were gonna fix the singleplayer issues like unresponsive controls?
When did they say that?

What we got is what will stick. Rockstar never changed their controls no matter how many times people complained. The closest thing to a change would be letting you aim the weapon without shooting in cars when Current gen version of GTA5 came out.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I need to beat this so I can delete it from my HDD, chapter 5 makes me not even want to play anymore tho.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honesty, why would they be updating the singleplayer at this point? Most people are done with it,

Lol
This game won't be the Top10 mainstay GTAV is but it will still sell a few million copies down the line. Plus trophy data shows less than 1/4 of players already completed the singleplayer story. This is a long game with lots of side content.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Lol
This game won't be the Top10 mainstay GTAV is but it will still sell a few million copies down the line. Plus trophy data shows less than 1/4 of players already completed the singleplayer story. This is a long game with lots of side content.
Yes I know that. But I seriously doubt there will be any kind of updates or even patches to the singleplayer, the time for those has passed. Early adapters and reviewers have played the game, and thus there probably won't be any new updates to that.

How many updates and patches did we see for GTAV? Not that many (zero) after the initial release and the next-gen update.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Appareantly, the same person predicted some "Bully 2" stuff that never turned out to be true, so it doesn't seem like they are a credible source.

But, then again... the leak doesn't sound too far fetched, so it might as well be true.

Not really sure what to think. Guess we play the waiting game.