• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds good, but I really want HDR fixed/implemented already.

Boomchil

Nov 1, 2017
France
Played 2 hours and it bored me to death.

I really hope this patch revamp some of the awful controls and above everything else allow to save after using the cheats so I can enjoy the story (which seems to be incredible) without having to micromanage my honor, my horse, my gang, my guns. I just want to have fun.

Can someone confirm saving after cheats was added later in the first RDR ?

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Sounds way too good to be true, but man, I really want to believe this.

Amazing how much Rockstar completely fucked this one up. Millions of players who dropped RDRO from november to january, how many aren't going to bother coming back despite the updates ?

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Between this, REmake 2, Kingdom Hearts and in a few weeks DMC5.... Red Dead Redemption 2 and its single player campaign will be for a long time at the end of my Playstation dashboard library.

Such a disappointment in terms of fun factor.

I still hope someday they improve the lackluster feeling of joy while playing online with updates like this but..... The single player is only for Story and Character Development purpose sadly.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing that I still have to manually force my PS4 Pro to output at 1080p on my $2200 OLED just to get this game looking acceptable.

The checkerboard 1440p output is hideous and makes it extremely difficult to tell when the game is intentionally adding a DoF effect or is just blurry from the pissy upscaling.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
I haven't touched RDO in weeks, is it even out of beta yet? There wasn't enough there to keep me interested at all.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's amazing that I still have to manually force my PS4 Pro to output at 1080p on my $2200 OLED just to get this game looking acceptable.

The checkerboard 1440p output is hideous and makes it extremely difficult to tell when the game is intentionally adding a DoF effect or is just blurry from the pissy upscaling.
You find the game extremely blurried even outdoor? Because IQ is not exactly crisper but it's very clean in my 1080p monitor compared native 1080p. Honestly I find preferable the jaggies free appearance of the 1980x2160p mode compared the jaggies and the shimmering of the 1080p mode. But maybe in 4k TV is more blurried.
DOF indeed is bugged and awful on both resolution on ps4 platform. Inner environment are a blurry mess especially at the nightime.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Have they ever changed something about the griefing and constant killing of people who are just wandering around?

If not it's the same garbage just in another package.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Not sure what you are basing your post on, but we had a report that RDRO is doing better than GTAO, when alligned.

The game sold amazingly well and people rushed to try out the online. Of course it performed better at launch, Rockstar's first priority was to establish their shitty microtransactions. Also are we going to pretend the GaaS landscape was the same in 2013 compared to now ?

GTAO had time to establish itself whereas RDRO is competing for the user's playtime against dozens of online titles. Launching the mode in such a barren state isn't just an embarrassment, it's bound to have consequences that will be felt well beyond a few weeks time. I'll bet my avatar the next report we get about RDRO isn't a glowing one, that is if they mention it at all.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
If the update is good, I hope it won't be too much of a hard sell for my friends, as since last week we all bought the forest in sale, and have been playing it non stop since then ^^

We had a lot of fun on RDO when it came out, but finished much of what was available at the time and we all left waying we'd wait for update, but now we're enjoying the forest so much we're planning on never actually saving the son lol.

Can't wait to see the price tags of the houses and stuff just for laughs. I really hope we can do home invasions on the other players houses.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Unless the house can walk down the Saint Denis coast and pluck heron feathers, I don't see how it would be a viable investment for me.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
ugh. i was hoping it was for the main game. Aiming is so terrible...and the HDR thing. I kinda dont expect them to fix these things. But man they are some big flubs. The games so tedious and i stopped playing awhile ago and haven't gone back. And everytime i think i might...i remember that it has some of the worst shooting controls ive experienced in the last 2 gens
I'm at chapter 4 and I've dropped the game. At this point I don't have a strong desire to go back. In fact, it reminds me of the problem I had with the Witcher 3. The controls are so shitty that it doesn't make playing the game fun.

I tried RDO and it's exactly what I didn't want. A grind fest that wants you to spend money. I despise feeling like I'm being put on a hamster wheel.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a massive fan of GTAO and someone who unreservedly loved RDR2, I've never been quite so disappointed by a game. RDO is a lazy cop out of terrible decisions layered upon each other. It could have been massive but they shit the bed from the very conception of the thing.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I loved the game, but like GTAV I have 0 interest in online stuff. Makes me sad that we'll probably never get an Undead Nightmare-esque expansion.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
The game sold amazingly well and people rushed to try out the online. Of course it performed better at launch, Rockstar's first priority was to establish their shitty microtransactions. Also are we going to pretend the GaaS landscape was the same in 2013 compared to now ?

GTAO had time to establish itself whereas RDRO is competing for the user's playtime against dozens of online titles. Launching the mode in such a barren state isn't just an embarrassment, it's bound to have consequences that will be felt well beyond a few weeks time. I'll bet my avatar the next report we get about RDRO isn't a glowing one, that is if they mention it at all.

I dislike the current state of RDRO, too, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to make posts about how they lost "millions" of players without any evidence. And even if they did lose "millions" of players, don't you think a bigger update will bring those people back? Fact is, the game hasn't left the top 10 of the XBL Most Played section of any Microsoft Store, since launch and it's not too far fetched to think that this isn't the same case for PS4, which has a much larger playerbase. Also, the 2013 situation is actually very comparable. Both consoles, Xbox 360 and PS3, were at ~80 millions sales each and those were the only platforms that GTA5 was available on during that time, just like RDR2 is currently only available on Xbox One and PS4.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I dislike the current state of RDRO, too, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to make posts about how they lost "millions" of players without any evidence. And even if they did lose "millions" of players, don't you think a bigger update will bring those people back? Fact is, the game hasn't left the top 10 of the XBL Most Played section of any Microsoft Store, since launch and it's not too far fetched to think that this isn't the same case for PS4, which has a much larger playerbase. Also, the 2013 situation is actually very comparable. Both consoles, Xbox 360 and PS3, were at ~80 millions sales each and those were the only platforms that GTA5 was available on during that time, just like RDR2 is currently only available on Xbox One and PS4.

No, a large portion of those players won't come back, simply because that's how the market works nowadays when it comes to online games. I don't mean to say it's failing, not at all, but its strong playerbase is tied to RDR2's massive sales ; when those start to slow down, the months spent without any meaningful content will have repercussions.

About RDRO performing better than GTAO launch aligned, I was also talking about spending habits (which I though the tweet was also about since it was from the publisher). Microtransactions weren't nearly as big in 2013, so it makes sense to me that RDRO would generate more money right off the bat. However, I'd be very interested to see what place RDRO is in when it gets compared to GTAO after the PS4/XBO launch, so like a year from now.

NDWest14

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
ugh. i was hoping it was for the main game. Aiming is so terrible...and the HDR thing. I kinda dont expect them to fix these things. But man they are some big flubs. The games so tedious and i stopped playing awhile ago and haven't gone back. And everytime i think i might...i remember that it has some of the worst shooting controls ive experienced in the last 2 gens

I've got at most maybe 2 hours left in the epiloge and I'm just hoping to finish the game with a patch for it haha.

I'll just wrap it up I guess. R* aint patching the main game, at least now I have pseudo confirmation.

I have this pipe dream that they'd patch in traditional Fast Travel in the post game that would make playing and exploring not a f***ing chore, but again, a pipe dream...

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Played 2 hours and it bored me to death.

I really hope this patch revamp some of the awful controls and above everything else allow to save after using the cheats so I can enjoy the story (which seems to be incredible) without having to micromanage my honor, my horse, my gang, my guns. I just want to have fun.

Can someone confirm saving after cheats was added later in the first RDR ?

Just so you know, you don't have to pay attention to any of the things you listed to enjoy and complete the game.

After a few hours you realize all of those things are there for the people that want them and basically impact nothing. For the last like 40 hours of the game I micromanaged nothing.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Got to get suckers to buy goldbars somehow. Doubt its true judging the source but unless they fix the economy as well I'm not coming back to that

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
Great for everyone who wants more online things to do, sad that no major patches for SP :(
I do not mean content because lets be real here that was not going to happen.
But some stuff should improve a lot on the SP side and its never going to happen :(