1. Simo

Simo
    Member OP

So this week someone, I believe originally on reddit, found that Danish retailer coolshop.dk had changed their listing for RDR2 with a release date for Friday, June 8th. In the past Rockstar's releases have obviously released on Tuesdays like most titles but Friday releases have become common.
    https://www.coolshop.dk/produkt/red-dead-redemption-2/AJ45KT/

If anything I thought it was just another placeholder, until this tweet brought up a interesting fact about the retailer..

Sure enough, using Google-Fu and back in July 2014 the same retailer did leak the current gen ports dates for GTA V. Rockstar didn't confirm the date until 2 months later.
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/14/next-gen-gta-5-release-date-possibly-leaked-by-retailer

Obviously back then the retailer was off by a few days for GTAV but the timeframe was correct. So what do you think ERA? I mean I was hopeful for May/June and was, well still am until Rockstar confirms it, fearing another delay to Fall 2018 so hopefully this turns out to be true!

2. Ahasverus

Ahasverus

Good timing. Summer is barren and it would dominate discussion for a long time. I'm in.

3. janusfilmsfan

janusfilmsfan

Gah. I was hoping for sooner.

4. Bear

Bear

Could just be a random placeholder, but man I would be stoked to have a huge game like Red Dead to play over the summer.

5. Bedameister

Bedameister

That would be a very good date

6. Alcântara

Alcântara

Fall 2018, certainly.

June is the E3 month. Any game launch in june.

7. Bronx-Man

Bronx-Man

Last of Us launched June 2013.

8. Neo-Rudo

Neo-Rudo

if it wasn't for the fact they leaked the GTAV port releases i would just scream placeholder but .....

9. ~Fake

~Fake

Man... Still way far.

10. HeisenbergWW62

HeisenbergWW62
    Banned Member

Seems realistic enough, although I was hoping/expecting may

11. It seems equally likely that June 8 is the planned date now and that it will still get delayed into the Fall. We are talking about R*.

12. LewieP

LewieP

Someone double check with Brandon Jones.

13. Ctlead

Ctlead

Not a bad date. As long as it isn't delayed to Fall, then whatever.

14. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Why would E3 happening one week in June have any relation to a game releasing? It happens all the time.

15. Alcântara

Alcântara

A exception, I guess?

I don't know. Rockstar live outside of game industry in some way. It has its own rules.

16. chandoog

chandoog

WAY too soon. This is not coming out till Q3-Q4

17. silva1991

silva1991

About what I was expecting.

18. TheGameshark

TheGameshark

I still think it gets delayed to fall.

19. II JumPeR I

II JumPeR I

Isnt this coming in Spring and not in Summer?

20. bombshell

bombshell

Batman Arkham Knight released June 23, 2015.

Big games can launch in June, I don't know why you think they can't.

21. HeisenbergWW62

HeisenbergWW62
    Banned Member

Summer starts June 21

22. Simo

Simo
    Member OP

Lol yeah I originally brushed it off as that too until their history was pointed out. Hoping it's around that time, Rockstar have been quiet again of late....

23. Raptomex

Raptomex

Looking at Rockstar's track record, even if this is accurate, I predict a delay. It was already delayed so who knows. Rockstar is usually good about keeping things close to the chest.

24. More kids to spend summer job money on Buffalo Bucks hell yeah

25. Alcântara

Alcântara

It's logical. Why launch a game at a time when the conversation is basically dominated by just one thing?

Yes, of course, games can be launch in june, but but not like months like March, October, November, and others, you know?

26. Ctlead

Ctlead

I doubt that. It's already been delayed from Fall 2017.

If we hear nothing from Rockstar by next month then yeah, all hope is lost. :/

27. Theorry

Theorry

Nice date but wont happen. We only got 1 delay so far of the 5.

28. YaBish

YaBish

That would be perfect timing for me, so it probably won't be that date.

29. Grim Patron

Grim Patron

PC!!??????

30. mindsale

mindsale

That's a believable date, but it's a just a hair too far out to be anything but a placeholder I feel.

31. RoboPlato

RoboPlato

I was expecting it around May but this date works if it's legit. Hope we see something from the game soon.

32. Hawkeye 131

Hawkeye 131

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised by this, summer can be a bit dry for major releases and given the pedigree of the brand combined with the market conditions this could be huge. I mean it's Red Dead Redemption and R* for crying out loud it's going to sell like crazy no matter when it releases. R* does what R* wants.

33. nDesh

nDesh

Edit.

34. Dick Justice

Dick Justice

I guess that means 2020 for the PC version.

35. Yerffej

Yerffej

For how long it's been gestating...naw.

36. Scrobbles

Scrobbles

I guessed May like RDR but I can buy early June

37. I'll still go for September/October at the earliest.

38. EightBitNate

EightBitNate

Rockstar could release a game during an alien invasion and it’d still sell like gangbusters.

39. Bond

Bond

June would make sense, as nothing releases in the Summer. I still think Rockstar Games will get delay the game for a September/October release.

40. Septimus

Septimus

Is Red Dead Redemption 2 being worked on by the entirety of R* San Diego AND R* North? Or is North working on their next project (presumably GTA6)?

41. Bond

Bond

Rockstar Studios. I believe it will be a combined effort

42. I was hoping May but I’d live with this.

Let’s hope there is no final delay until fall

43. FelipeMGM

FelipeMGM
    #Skate4 Moderator

Was guessing May but thats also a great window and my birthday (and Kanye West birthday as well) so Im gonna hope its correct

44. Allyougame

Allyougame

Specifically, June 8th is the Friday right before E3 (June 12-14). Recall last year EA had their presentation on Saturday, with Microsoft and Bethesda choosing Sunday as well.

As for the date itself, I don't see a problem with it. Start selling copies in the Summer, continue through the Fall and holiday seasons, keep building the online userbase. The original Red Dead Redemption launched May 18th/21st in NA/EU after all.

45. Anth0ny

Anth0ny

PLEASE GOD PLEASE

46. Schaft0620

Schaft0620

We really need some more RD2 news.

47. Gotdatmoney

Gotdatmoney

Red Dead Redemption launch in May. I don't know why June seems so impossible.

48. NovaXz

NovaXz

I was figuring it would be May like the first one, but early June works as well.

49. Karspankey

Karspankey

I'm vibrating at the thought of what gameplay will look like. I really want Microsoft to do a 4K patch for RDR to hold us off :P

50. meppi64

meppi64

Red Dead Redemption always felt like a summer game to me. Don't know why that actually is.
    Especially when thunderstorms and such break lose. Just the perfect atmosphere I guess.
    So I'm hoping this is correct.