• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just did the mission they added in GTA Online for Red Dead 2. I'm ready to play just enough of RDR2 to open up the online portion of that game.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I was figuring it would be May like the first one, but early June works as well.

I feel like anytime around or near this date like even May 29th works for me. We should hear something on the release date from Rockstar no later than the end of January. Its right before Take Two's quarterly investors call, and their next one isn't until May, and Rockstar have a habit of announcing dates or delays in January...

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder how scared other publishers are of setting a 2018 release date for their title, and it falling alongside RDR2.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isnt this coming in Spring and not in Summer?
June is culturally/economically Summer despite it not starting officially until June 21st. The cultural start of Summer is Memorial Day Weekend (last weekend of May for non-Americans).

Just like how September is culturally and economically Fall despite Fall not starting until September 20ish and how Labor Day (first Sunday of September) is the end of Summer.

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
If true, then we should be getting a new trailer soon with the official release date, great way to start off the new year.

Please Rockstar.

Nvm probably will do it like GTA V, rollling out gamplay footage 3-4 months before launch.

Last edited:

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I wonder how scared other publishers are of setting a 2018 release date for their title, and it falling alongside RDR2.
I genuinely believe this is part of the reason why many games released in October this year as opposed to September since Rockstar released GTA V in September 2013, maybe publishers were expecting a similar thing and tried to distance themselves as much as possible.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Played RDR all summer of 2010. Would love to somewhat do it again with RDR2 but with much less free time.

Black Knight

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will be very happy if that's true, June is a month with mostly few good games releases, which makes it one of the weakest month in the years for gaming, however from time to time we see "that big" release in weak months like June (like TLOU), so June next year will be very exciting if that's turned to be true!

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
June seems like a placeholder date. Retailers often put placeholder dates that are 6 to 12 months out or just use Dec 31 20XX. It's a possibility, I mean R* would legit just take over Summer if it turns out to be real.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Perfect date for me (unless DQXI is coming the same month), that's why R* will definitely delay it.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Literally the day before E3 conferences start is a bit weird. Last of Us & Arkham Knight were both the week after E3. I don't want to say Red Dead would get 'overshadowed' by E3 that weekend, because it's the biggest game of 2018 and could be all anybody can talk about there, but it's a bold move Cotton, let's see if it pays off.

Oct 26, 2017
Really doubt any of this and if no marketing is starting anytime soon now, I'm fully expecting a delay to late 2018.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I think it will get delayed to September. I think they should have a beta for the multiplayer and have the MP ready day one at launch.

Last edited:

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that many of the big ones are. Certainly not Sony, Nintendo, EA or Activision.

It's Red Dead Redemption, not GTA. It won't cannibalize sales of TLOU2, GOW, COD, Smash, Mario or anything like that.

LifeLike

Oct 31, 2017
They are pushing the release date as far as they can for the double dip when PS5 is coming out.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Damn, I thought it was going to come in March? June seems so far off :(.

They already said last year that wasn't the case, that the game would launch after April 1st per the earnings call from Take Two.

The natural assumption was either April or May based on their history of releases with GTA IV, RDR and Max Payne 3. Probably no later than June 8th then? Already a bit of a cushion and this thing has been in the oven since 2012.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
That's the latest possible date if they still wanna release it in the first half of this year, otherwise it'll be pushed to at least September.

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking from experience - coolshop has been of before. But this definitely sounds believable. Hope it's true

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Red Dead Redemption always felt like a summer game to me. Don't know why that actually is.
Especially when thunderstorms and such break lose. Just the perfect atmosphere I guess.
So I'm hoping this is correct.
I feel the same way. RDR also released in the middle of May so it makes sense.

RennerSage

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you guys hyped for Arthur Morgan's story

latest