• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I still believe that is way too early, and even if that is the date, for now, I can bet another delay will happen.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Paging Brandon Jones and Easy Allies.

Honestly, I want this game to take as much time as it needs. Down for June. Would be ok with longer.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That's doubtful. Should have gotten a concrete already if March was still in the cards, I feel.

Didn't they say something a short time ago that the game was finished and just in the polishing stage, etc? Also the ESRB rating already got released too.

Would seem like March would be a good time for it to ship.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Summer 2018? I'll take that but I don't think its going to happen. Days before E3? nah.

Flamin' Galah

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
June 8 falls on a Friday here in Australia, which isn't a normal day games get a retail release.

So confirmed Australia (and New Zealand) will get the game a day or two earlier than the rest of the world! YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! /s

Don't rush it. Get it right. Make it as good as GTA V.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good time to release any game as thats usually empty. RDR2 if this is true just made that month suicide for anyone else.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have they said anything about a PC version yet? I was playing GTA Online the other day on PC and there's some special treasure hunt event that unlocks a RDR-inspired revolver, and getting 50 headshots with it unlocks a special skin in RDR2. It's weird to have that on PC if they aren't bringing the game there.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Someone on Twitter said coolshop leaked San Andreas for PS3s existence back then but I couldn't find anything? Though recently back in July they did list the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary collection that Capcom only just officially revealed this month...

Mayhap too that June 8th is for Europe and June 5th could be for the US?

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
June makes sense and is actually a bit later than a lot of people expected.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Bet it's gonna get pushed back to fall / winter so they can hype the fuck out of it at E3 and have it as a new release for the holiday season.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
So...this week could be THE week Rockstar breaks it's silence and we get either a release date or another delay announcement. The reason this week is a little bit more optimistic and why fans are looking towards it is due to Rockstar's history...
  • GTA IV release date revealed on January 24th 2008
  • L.A Noire release announced on January 24th 2011
  • Rockstar announces the final Max Payne 3 release date on January 17th 2012
  • Rockstar officially announces GTA V's release date on January 31st 2013
So there's a pattern and Take2 investors call is also on February 7th which is why it's believed Rockstar makes those announcements in January like they do. Its also worth noting that their major releases from GTAIV to RDR, L.A Noire and Max Payne 3 all released in the spring. GTAV was the notable exception but was originally scheduled for Spring 2013.

Also this popped up today. Names have been hidden to protect their accounts. lol
5bw6c4j.jpg

xvArell.jpg

After doing some digging this seems to be legit. Basically the "Rockstar roommate" guy is located in Bangalore where Rockstar India is located. Rockstar India was founded a couple of years ago when they took over Technicolor, a firm and studio they had been outsourcing for programmers and artists ever since Red Dead Redemption through to GTAV.

The basic gist to me is that they seem to be in the final crunch, putting in the OT to get the finishing touches done and squash the bugs. Perhaps then Spring is still on the cards? Hopefully we'll find out this week!

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for doing the research, man. That's about time for an announcement if the game will indeed come out on Spring.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
or they could wait another week and buy a 60sec spot in the Superbowl and release a new trailer with a date on it.

OP
OP
Simo

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Wow, well I'm hyped. Don't let me down Simo

Thanks for doing the research, man. That's about time for an announcement if the game will indeed come out on Spring.

Fingers crossed! I'd be surprised if we didn't hear something this week at this point but Rockstar can be unpredictable...

I'd keep eyes on Tuesday or Thursday though.

or they could wait another week and buy a 60sec spot in the Superbowl and release a new trailer with a date on it.

Or that. lol would be the same week Game Informer reveals their new cover and T2 investor call....

SausagePiano

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Just too bad it will most likely focus on MP and microtransactions... =(

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
So...this week could be THE week Rockstar breaks it's silence and we get either a release date or another delay announcement. The reason this week is a little bit more optimistic and why fans are looking towards it is due to Rockstar's history...
  • GTA IV release date revealed on January 24th 2008
  • L.A Noire release announced on January 24th 2011
  • Rockstar announces the final Max Payne 3 release date on January 17th 2012
  • Rockstar officially announces GTA V's release date on January 31st 2013
So there's a pattern and Take2 investors call is also on February 7th which is why it's believed Rockstar makes those announcements in January like they do. Its also worth noting that their major releases from GTAIV to RDR, L.A Noire and Max Payne 3 all released in the spring. GTAV was the notable exception but was originally scheduled for Spring 2013.

Also this popped up today. Names have been hidden to protect their accounts. lol
5bw6c4j.jpg

xvArell.jpg

After doing some digging this seems to be legit. Basically the "Rockstar roommate" guy is located in Bangalore where Rockstar India is located. Rockstar India was founded a couple of years ago when they took over Technicolor, a firm and studio they had been outsourcing for programmers and artists ever since Red Dead Redemption through to GTAV.

The basic gist to me is that they seem to be in the final crunch, putting in the OT to get the finishing touches done and squash the bugs. Perhaps then Spring is still on the cards? Hopefully we'll find out this week!

Awesome post. Now I'm officially HYPED.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
That would be a good time. I expected sooner, but June should be really quiet and it'll be nice to just focus on it and nothing else.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I don't even have any expectation at this point. I'll buy it whenever they get around to releasing it.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Well they went on record a month or so back that they're committed to a strong single player component. Of course if they do go with a Red Dead Online then it'll be MTX to hell per Take2's CEO but we're not quite sure what Rockstar are doing with online yet...
I can almost guarantee it will be similar to theists where you put together a crew to go cattle rustling or something similar. Coral cards get you better horses who can ride faster, more accurate guns etc to make it more likely you will successfully steal the cattle/rob the bank/ hijack the gold etc

Seems like a no brainer. Still think it will be an amazing game in spite of the MTX though.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, I know R* plays the strong silent type, but damn the lack of info is killing me. If this really is a June title they've been more quiet 5 months out about this than any of their other games.

Weirder yet is that you simply cannot pre-order RDR 2 on Amazon. Maybe they're waiting for special edition announcements?

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ugh, I know R* plays the strong silent type, but damn the lack of info is killing me. If this really is a June title they've been more quiet 5 months out about this than any of their other games.

Weirder yet is that you simply cannot pre-order RDR 2 on Amazon. Maybe they're waiting for special edition announcements?

Amazon seems to be getting less and less reliable though. It's up at Best Buy fwiw. I'll probably be going digital for this one though despite getting a 20% discount at BB.

Btw, your name/avatar is the shit.