• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
User Banned (1 Week): Spreading misinformation in this thread
This will be a very complicated thread so bare with me and I am not a lunatic.

Timeline:

So on March 28th, GTANet (GTAForums Admins and mods) posted without any further context:

Now from this post, we can conclude that they were on their way to attend a Rockstar related event in London. Mind you this was posted the 28th of March.

Now, here's where things get a little more juicy:
http://gtaforums.com/topic/907737-rockstar-the-usher-hall/

A few weeks back, a user posts this thread on the GTAForums saying that he/she saw R* with members of the press near Usher Hall in Edinburgh. He later says that the presentation took place March 29th and goes on to describe what he heard from his friend "Deep Bawbie" that was at the venue...
"15 minute movie"
"Members of the press asking for icecream"
"Press with Jetpacks" I'll come back to the Jetpack thing later.

Now of course, we all thought he was a troll but if that were to case, why was the thread not locked yet? Many questioned the OP but the moderators came to his defense and started communicating with riddles. Some of which has yet to be solved.

A riddle was solved though that deciphered "jetpacks" as "press bags" like the one seen in the tweet.

After a while, some members started to think it was a hoax and that nothing even occurred at Usher Hall but earlier today, the same Admin that posted the tweet (And the same member that possibly saw the game in action), posted on the forums saying this:
http://gtaforums.com/topic/871075-red-dead-redemption-2-general-chat/?p=1070204075

Thankfully, this wasnt as hard to decipher as the other hints and riddles and shortly after, a member translated the true meaning behind that post:
http://gtaforums.com/topic/871075-red-dead-redemption-2-general-chat/?p=1070204116

Lots of the same mods and Admins that were teasing imminent information liked the post seemingly confirming that it was the answer to the riddle.

So that concludes this. News coming Thursday?

(If this thread is too weird or anything feel free to lock it mods. But there is credence)

Last edited:

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so hard to predict when anything will come from R*. They are probably the only devs who can put out info literally whenever they want. I'm hopeful for Thursday. Thanks for making the thread OP!

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I have a feeling Thursday is going to be pretty huge for a number of reasons.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they show off an official gameplay video sometime before the game releases like they did with GTAV.

That video shut everything down when it dropped.

OP
OP
DeeDogg

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
giphy.gif

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they show off an official gameplay video sometime before the game releases like they did with GTAV.

Yeah, this was a good evolution of the videos they released for the original Red Dead Redemption, I expect something similar when they are ready.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Hasn't that picture in the tweet been used before? I feel like we had a thread ~2 weeks ago with this same rumor and same picture.

Enazrat

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The next sleeping pill from rockstar is coming, Game Informer surely have to display its features in May or June.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Can confirm. Thursday will be cray cray. Minds getting blown every hour on the hour. If RDR2 wants to ride the hype train, cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Well its coming out in October so marketing should be revving up very soon. A full on gameplay trailer would be fantastic to see.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know nothing about RDR2 info, but I have gazed into the hype pipeline, and it more than welcomes what Rockstar brings forth.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
I just Hope it gives us hints about the direction of online. Will it be a mp focused mess or the old Rockstar games style? Hopefully the latter.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It's about time we get some news. As I said on the other thread, GTAV got a trailer released (well, actually 3) on April 30th so the timing seems right.

As much as I love RDR the 2 trailers from II did very, very little to get me hyped. Hopefully the next showing will do it.

Umdlye

Oct 27, 2017

"And then, there's Red Dead Redemption Online." I would dig it if they copied that video layout, even though GTA:O kinda bummed me out. Looking forward to seeing if they've learned anything from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.