• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The true sequel to RE4 in a way. Capcom is going to deliver us another golden age tier title.

Reactions to the game when it's revealed should be interesting, but I think most will come around closer to launch as they did with RE7. Especially once they've played it.

Oct 25, 2017
4K native is probably a communication issue, I don't think the Pro is that much more powerful to make the jump from 1080p30 to 2160p60, if it was native 4K at 30fps, I'd be more inclined to believe it.

Everything else sounds really plausible. Can't wait.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Over The Shoulder

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
dmc4noo.gif

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, aside from the OTS camera I like the sound of this. Hopefully Capcom shows the game at E3 this time.

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, there's no reason an over the shoulder camera cant still deliver an authentic RE2 experience. I'll wait until I see if before passing judgement.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That all sounds super promising, hope it's true.

And the chances of this being OTS were super high from the getgo. Going classic limits the game's audience.

Hakimy

Nov 9, 2017
Is this website reliable? Cus I don't think I heard anything about them. A little help would be appreciated.

DalaiLlama

Oct 27, 2017
If true, that's exactly what I want to play! I don't want a remake "a la REbirth" (even if it was really a great game) and RE2 was much more action oriented than RE1.

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
  • The game's Camera will be an OTS View
X7UB.gif

Gutted, absolutely gutted.

Nothing wrong with OTS for other titles like revelations 3 but for a long awaited ReMake sequel no other words could have been worse.
Sad, sad day for fans of the original style of resident evil games.

Just when you think Capcom have cracked it, and will move forward with OTS for revelations, 1st person for 8 and fixed camera for the Remake they go and do this... why?

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I will obviously be playing it either way, but I was looking forward to fixed camera angle. Considering this remake exists because so many people bought Resident Evil 1 Remake, I'm confused why they are thinking, "Hey, what those people were really communicating was 'we want RE2 but like RE4!'".

I wanted RE2 given the REmake treatment. That's it. Hoping this rumor is false.

Krusty

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Over the shoulder and new levels.

So its not RE2 then?

Thanks but no thanks Capcom.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Taking all of that with a grain of salt until an actual reveal.

I just can't imagine they'll put base consoles at just 30 FPS and do 60 on the mid-gens.

Over the shoulder and new levels.

So its not RE2 then?

Thanks but no thanks Capcom.

Of all the issues ... you're complaining that they're adding more content and expanding the game ?

Come on y'all ... some of the complaints in this topic are very childish.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
OTS camera? Bleh. I bet there won't be A/B scenario either. Just to make the disappointment complete.

All the other stuff sounds like what you'd expect.

Taking all of that with a grain of salt until an actual reveal.

I just can't imagine they'll put base consoles at just 30 FPS and do 60 on the mid-gens.

RE has always aimed for 30, iirc. RE7 was an exception because of VR.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This does not make any sense.
This is my guess (I don't actually know this), but in Resident Evil 7 the rooms optimize when you enter them to focus on performance first. IE, it loads textures, assets, shadows, etc., at a lower quality if a room is more extensive. I'm guessing the engine has been further optimized to put performance first, so it's 4k resolution assets but each room individually loads them to the level of detail that'll help the engine best stick to 60fps, so there may be some degrade in quality in certain more extensive rooms.

This is just me spit balling from what RE7 does, though.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
As Always , Take this with a grain of Salt

So Rely on horror brought to us some leaks about the highly anticipated title Resident Evil REmake 2 , I will summarize what they said in the article
  • The game's Camera will be an OTS View akin to Resident Evil 4 in mind but a bit "stylized" in execution , So I guess we will have to wait and see the game's first reveal to see what does " Stylized OTS Camera " means in motion
  • It will use a photogrammetry scanning Technology just like RE7 , Noting that Capcom Took note of Fan's confusion over Chris's new model in RE7 so that made them do more effort while modeling RE2 Character
  • Claire will have a different outfit while retaining some similarities
yes yes yes yes, "stylized OTS" sounds exactly like RE3.5 to me so just what i wanted

but wth at claire getting a different outfit? that would be so disappointing i want her OG outfit and a lot of unlockable costumes like leons RE4 jacket. i also worry about them screwing up claire and leon's design up if they use photogrammetry again, the RE characters were always stylized and the RE engine feels like it was made to do photorealistic characters

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
That all sounds super promising, hope it's true.

And the chances of this being OTS were super high from the getgo. Going classic limits the game's audience.

I was under the impression this only got greenlit because REmake HD and Zero did so well. The audience isn't limited, they were very successful.

I mean, there's no reason an over the shoulder camera cant still deliver an authentic RE2 experience.

I couldn't disagree more.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Fuuuuuck over the shoulder? Man, I was so hoping for sticking with pre-rendered :(

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of hearing about over the shoulder camera. The game is going to have to be astounding to get me really excited again.

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017
They weren't ever going to make a AAA budget remake in 2018 with fixed cameras.

Everything in the OP sounds great, can't wait to see it!

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't want to get my hopes up but I'am still excited to see how this turns out, RE2 is one of the best games ever.