• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
I understand the disappointment that the game isn't pre rendered backgrounds ( I prefer it too as well )... but come on, Capcom have this beautiful amazing RE Engine you thought they wouldn't use it for REmake 2?

Besides.. BE THANKFUL it's like RE4 and not that awful awkward RE6.

And lol @ the disappointment that the game have new areas and levels ( like REmake did ), some gamers really like to just complain about everything.
Can these posts be fucking bannable already?
I agree... it's getting very ridiculous and totally unfunny.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like they basically made the most likely guesses for the game made by RE Era into a leak.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They were going to do that anyway becuase the old style of games doesn't work anymore. Also RE6 combat was excellent contrary to popular belief.

It's just confusing as this game was made off of the success of the REmake which had all that old style of RE and was still well recieved and sold well in this day and age.

djshauny1

Oct 27, 2017
I want it to be fixed cameras but after RE7 I trust Capcom can make this great what ever the camera perspective may be.

I do hope theres a mode that allows us to change to fixed cameras though.

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be so happy if this released with an OTS camera instead of fixed.

Fixed cameras feel so archaic to me, which is fine and even part of the charm when I'm replaying an old PS1 or PS2 game, but not when a 20 year old game is being remade and has a chance to take advantage of modern engines. I'm all for it.

sw26

Oct 27, 2017
OTS camera is hugely disappointing speaking as someone who played the original in '98 and counts it as an all time favourite.

I was hoping for a REmake style game but seems like this won't be it.

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Well I can actually play RE2 if I want it classic. A little bit of evolution with new ideas in mind can only enhance the experience. I like.

Deleted member 19761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All sounds pretty good to me. Shame no REmake style but my only real fear was that they would do first person.

If Kamiya/Mikami are on this my hype wil be through the goddamn roof.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I probably shouldn't add fuel to the fire here, but all I'll say is this is VERY similar to things I've heard. I won't say anymore than that, though.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
This better be as good as RE4 cause that OTS is fucking me uppppp.

You win this time action re fans... dfuckkkkskmkmdmos

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this sounds rad and i think a hybrid camera that uses fixed angles effectively but OTS for action would be smart

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Most games are labled as "4K" when they are just using checkerboard rendering.

It's the only point in the article that made me question the source.
Yeah, that point is the one that reeks of bullshit however a lot of people don't have a full understanding of this sort of thing so could just be confusion. I'm guessing that they mean the game will be 1080/30 on the base PS4 and that the Pro will have a 4K mode and a 60fps mode.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
If it's indeed OTS

giphy.gif
You just gad to rub it un,

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Have you guys played a relative unknown old game called Cold Fear ?

The normal exploration perspective is a mix of fixed Dino Crisis style 3D perspectives and behind the character (depending on area)

But when you aim, it brings you to an OTS perspective.

Y'all think that might be suitable here ?

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Sounds like a fucking awesome game, only thing I'm worried about is Claire's design. Please no REV2 face.

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing shocking here aside from better than GoW graphics

Edit: why are people "told ya so"ing over the OTS camera? Can you imagine all the" omg literally unplayable" comments about a fixed camera with tank controls in 2018?

Edit: oh right re7 exists

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

The normal exploration perspective is a mix of fixed Dino Crisis style 3D perspectives and behind the character (depending on area)

This I wouldn't have a problem with.

I have zero faith in Capcom these days though, so I imagine it's just going to be straight up RE4 OTS fare.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I would be fine if it was like RE3.5