• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
A remake that got an HD release whose success was the impetus for this remake being greenlit in the first place. If you don't think fixed camera angles would work, that's fine, but it's not crazy for anyone to have hoped otherwise at all.

I'd like it to retain the traditional camera as well, but RE1's success was largely due to the fact that it cost them very little to up-res the GameCube game. Just a bit of work to implement widescreen and the optional new control scheme. RE2, on the other hand, is a big investment, so I don't think it's a surprise that they want to be a bit more modern and populist in its design.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
New being the operative word. It's not unreasonable to think/hope a remake will be designed similarly to the original source material, especially considering REMake HD and RE 0 HD's success showed that that kind of gameplay could still be viable.

Given the choice I would rather have had fixed camera but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be wrestling moves, acrobatics, enemies dropping items etc even if it is OTS

I'm not actually that confidant

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think what it is is native 4k assets, dynamic resolution i mean it clearly states that in 2 other points it could have been a translation error.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is sounding less and less like a fan servicey side-project / easy money maker, and more like a risky full-scoped new game project for RE.

Iirc there was word previously that Capcom is treating it like a full on big mainline project and the main RE team started working on it full on after development on RE7 finished.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'd like it to retain the traditional camera as well, but RE1's success was largely due to the fact that it cost them very little to up-res the GameCube game. Just a bit of work to implement widescreen and the optional new control scheme. RE2, on the other hand, is a big investment, so I don't think it's a surprise that they want to be a bit more modern and populist in its design.
That I get and totally understand. I'm just against that notion that hoping for fixed camera was a 100% unrealistic hope to have.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
No way no how is this game gonna be 4K/60 on Pro. I call bullshit on that one.

Everything else sounds plausible enough I guess. OTS camera is a real bummer if true.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The question is why RE2 is a big investment in the first place. It really should have had a reduced budget.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
I finally got around to playing Remake for the first time last year and have now been patiently waiting for 2 to come out since I loved the first so much. Can't wait for just something directly from Capcom. These rumors just continue to whet my appetite.

Deleted member 15933

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do these leaks always start with technical details? Is this really the first take-away message people are looking for ?
Also: Vanilla PS4 <=1080p30 and PS4Pro 4k60 is just a huge bullshit flag. PS4Pro offering either performance or IQ mode, sure. So unless he/she misheard and didn't bother to think about stuff they wrote down, that is nonsense.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
tenor.gif

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe that there are so many people who expected RE2 and FF7 remakes to use their old respective cameras and gameplay systems. They do not just want to sell these games to 30+ years old and god knows how many of them retired from the hobby, they want to sell them to the younger audience as well.

And no, REmake and RE0 "didn't sell well", their cheap, 20 bucks something remasters did.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I am not buying this if it is ots, based on principle alone.

Twenty years ago, if you'd have told me I was skipping remakes of resident evil 2 and final fantasy 7 because capcom and square can't help but butcher them, I'd have called you crazy but here we are.
I'm tired of companies using old, nostalgic brands to push new ideas, even when they two dont necessarily mesh.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, fixed or OTS I'm down for both. OTS sounds more interesting though, in that it will be a completely different game. Do wish we could somehow have both though.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe that there are so many people who expected RE2 ans FF7 remakes to use their old respective cameras and gameplay systems. They do not just want to sell these games to 30+ years old, they want to sell them to the younger audience as well.
They can't have it both ways, mate. You can't appeal to peoples nostalgia and then make completely radical changes to the gameplay. That's unpalatable to me.

Deleted member 1074

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not buying this if it is ots, based on principle alone.

Twenty years ago, if you'd have told me I was skipping remakes of resident evil 2 and final fantasy 7 because capcom and square can't help but butcher them, I'd have called you crazy but here we are.
I'm tired of companies using old, nostalgic brands to push new ideas, even when they two dont necessarily mesh.
the only reason they were fixed camera angles and prerendered backgrounds was due to tech limits. we have some really powerful machines now.