• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
As Always , Take this with a grain of Salt

So Rely on horror brought to us some leaks about the highly anticipated title Resident Evil REmake 2 , I will summarize what they said in the article

• The game will run on an improved and significantly optimized RE Engine with an impressive revamped lighting and shadow system
  • The game will be aiming for a solid 30fps at 1080p on a standard PS4 and 60fps at native 4k on a PS4 Pro. The engine loads different resolutions each time you enter a room
  • The game will be the first Resident Evil title designed with a 4k resolution in mind , Meaning that the assets will be in Native 4K resolution
  • They believe that the game will be the best looking Capcom game so far and has the potential to seriously compete with games like God of War in terms of visuals
  • The game's Camera will be an OTS View akin to Resident Evil 4 in mind but a bit "stylized" in execution , So I guess we will have to wait and see the game's first reveal to see what does " Stylized OTS Camera " means in motion
  • It will use a photogrammetry scanning Technology just like RE7 , Noting that Capcom Took note of Fan's confusion over Chris's new model in RE7 so that made them do more effort while modeling RE2 Character
  • Claire will have a different outfit while retaining some similarities
  • Capcom had brought in in outside contractors who had worked on the series previously, including people who worked on Resident Evil 2 and 4
  • The game will include campaigns for both Leon and Claire, but the game will overall be much longer than the original with lots of new content and areas.
  • The game will keep its horror focus and classic Resident Evil design elements intact

More detailed info at this link

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...il-2-remake-to-be-best-looking-entry-to-date/

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The RE Engine already looked great, but it would be awesome if this ended up being true. The improvements here sound great, & it sounds like the team is giving this remake their all.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I want this so bad. This is easily gotta be one of my most anticipated titles right now. RE7 was excellent and I just want more RE goodness.

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
All of this sounds very promising and exciting. I'm wondering what kind of role RE2/RE4 developers had on this project. Can't wait to see some footage, whenever that happens!!

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
OTS view as expected.

For what it's worth from what I've heard the "people who worked on Resident Evil 2 and 4" aren't just there for REmake 2. Not saying another word tho.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I understand some people will be upset with some of liberties their taking with this but all these details sound encouraging to me. I like that the designers will get to make their own game and not just a shot-for-shot remake.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This is similar to some things I've heard, hmn. Well, be interesting to see how this goes down.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Wait OTS? Fuckkkkk... but it makes sense since they looked at the Re 2 fan remake which had ots.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds more like a modern reimagining more than a remake, which to be honest is exactly what I wanted. This sounds good to me, if it's true.

I just wonder when we're going to finally see it.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
All I wanted is fixed camera and pre-rendered background...

That said, RE7 looked stunning on its own right, so this should be great.

Oct 30, 2017
Damn...

.... damn!!

This better be at E3, I'm so freaking excited and feel that Capcom will totally deliver with this game.

RE2 is one of my favorite games of all time, cannot wait to revisit it again :"-)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nooooooooooo

Please be fake
Wait a second, didn't that Reddit dude (Vergeben, I believe) say something similar about RE2's remake being third-person? Granted, he has a spotty track record, but he stumbled upon some solid info in the past. Maybe that would lend credence towards this rumor being legit.