• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
160VY0t.png

rnIclDv.png

(Source, Via)

I'll be really bummed if they ditch the first person perspective for 8, to be honest, since I feel that works very well for RE. That said, I'm very eager to see how it shapes up- The Hookman concept has always been a great "what if", and I would love to see it realized in a new game.

Not personally all that interested in a 3 remake, but it sounds like it will be great as well, and fans of that game should enjoy it.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I expected that there would be a debate on 1st/3rd person after RE2 released. Didn't think it would be set in stone.

Rezsolution

Oct 31, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I feel there's a lot of potential for another first person Resident Evil. I think there probably needs to be more 'meat' to the game, in terms of design. I love 7 but it definitely feels shallow in comparison to REmake 2 for example.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The setting sounds incredibly boring.

I think a 3 Remake is necessary at this point. Just leave Code Veronica to die, there's no saving that.

I like the idea of further going into Eveline but I really want them to start tying it to previous games. Although I acknowledge that's why people liked RE7 so much so I understand if they want to keep it as detached from the main mythos as possible.

It's a HUGE shame though if they scrap VR after how well it worked for RE7. That game, to me, is still one of the killer apps for VR alongside Astro Bot.

Nov 3, 2017
There's something more claustrophobic about a third person camera that I think is better, you can see all around you and you still know you're not safe

Means no VR (most likely anyway) which would be a shame cause that was dope but it's not the end of the world

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I'd much rather they continue building on the first-person gameplay of VII. Hallucinations in RE sounds pretty lame tbh. I'd also rather see 8 before another remake.

Bah

At least the potential setting of 8 sounds cool.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't RE2 Remake absolutely crushing sales right now? I would imagine RE3 would be a given.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
I'm new to the series so I would like a remake of RE3 before RE8. I've played both REmake and REmake 2 and the first is really good and the second one is amazing. I'm currently playing 4 which is different but also amazing.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Like I'd be happy if it was an island full of different laboratories. But if it's just another Rockford Island or whatever the stupid island is from the shitty third act of RE4 then they can honestly keep it.

Jun 18, 2018
Disappointing if true. What RE7 should have taught us is that stories about the affects of bioweapons on ordinary people and situations is more interesting that bioweapon company politics. If anything, RE should look to Black Mirror as for narrative influences.

Mar 23, 2018
"After the praise received by Resident Evil 2, they will go with a third-person camera view. "

You're telling me they still didn't decide on the game being a first person or third person game until REmake 2 was released? This is gonna take soooome time.

Edit: But yeah, this is prob fake too. At least brings discussion to the board.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please ditch first person. RE2 has shown the formula all other Resident Evil games should follow from now on. F

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Not usually one for rumors, but I will say I never expected RE8 to be first person. It always felt more like a one-off to me for RE7. If they start doing every title that way, then they lose the shock that made 7 stand out. The only reason I'd for for first person is for VR purposes. Much like RE2Remake, if it's not first person I don't expect VR.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I hope they keep moving forward with First Person VR and keep the Third Person stuff for the remakes and spinoffs.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I know it will not happen, but if they are doing the RE3 remake i hope they do the same than with REmake and use pre-rendered backgrounds. I love those.

But again, this will not happen.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized I want an Island of Dr. Moreau survival horror game. Add animal people Capcom!

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
If they're remaking 3 it makes more sense to make 8 first person. Saying they're moving to 3p after success of RE2 is also odd considering the critical and commercial success of RE7

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I thought RE8 would have been pretty far into development. I hope they go with first person as well.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dang it. I was hoping they would alternate between the two. It would help keep the franchise fresh.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They better freaking not!!!!!!

Why not both? Just offer the choice to the player.
RE2 is awesome. But damn it, RE7 was something else.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Now that I think about it, it's hardly a crazy idea to think that Capcom is focusing on Threemake and RE8. Like.....of course they are?

I think this leak is not good.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The loss of VR from Re7 would be a major disappointment. RE7 in VR was incredible and 100% the way to play that game. The feel of immersion in that game world is unparalleled and that first hour was chilling.

Jaoox

Oct 27, 2017
I truly hope they don't ditch first person perspective.
RE7 in VR was such an amazing game

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
"EVIL VR" is not a valid source. They have been continuously proved to be wrong and to be simply speculating and theorizing things and passing them off as facts. This thread is false, and GamingBolt.com clearly needs to brush up on what to report.

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
Idk, all this sounds like fake rumors to me, except the 3rd person. RE7 was good, but should have never been a numbered entry.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man there is a lot to be excited about if this rumor is true.

I'd LOVE to see 3.5 get resurrected in some manner.

Ideal scenario:

-RE3make
-New first person title
-New third person title in the vein of 3.5

Don't care which of the last two is a sequel or just a spinoff.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
All I'm gonna' say is I wouldn't put too much stock in this. There's only one thing he's right about from what I know, and it's something someone could just guess.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Continuing the threads of RE7 is what I would expect so pleased to hear that if true. Would prefer to stick with FP for another game though rather than dropping it so soon.

RE3 remake is the one I'm most looking forward to though after what I've experienced with REmake 2. I would also like to see them redo CVX in the future.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't buy any of it. But I would love to see that original concept for 4 come to fruition. It did and still does look infinitely better than what we actually got.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
3 doesn't have nearly the same standing and nostalgia among the general populace as 2. I trust that Capcom can make it into a good game, even though I couldn't give a shit about it right now.

More excited about 8, to be honest. And c'mon, you know they will remake 4 eventually. That thing will sell like crazy.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they keep doing first person titles especially continue with VR support. They should have two separate teams that make both kinds

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
I like the hallucination concept, but it needs to be VR compatible. If they go back to 3rd person RE I'll wait for deep sales.
The setting sounds boring, but then I thought they could go for something like Hashima island. Could be insanely creepy in VR!

hashima-gunkanjima-gakuranman.jpg

9aeae1e1b825b57e1233a0f26a8ce49f.jpg