• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
tenor.gif

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's so bizarre to me that games always seem to find a way to release in a cluster. Why do Far Cry 5, God of War, Yakuza 6, Ni No Kuni 2, A Way Out, MLB The Show, and Sea of Thieves all have to release in a 10-day span right after a dry spell? It makes no sense and is unnecessary. Everyone would benefit from spreading things out.

Last edited:

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm still no marketing from Sony? That's kinda odd. Was kinda burnt out from Gow but enough time has passed will check this one out

Ghost Slayer

Oct 30, 2017
It's so bizarre to me that games always seem to find a way to release in a cluster. Why do Far Cry 5, God of War, Yakuza 6, Ni No Kuni 2, A Way Out, MLB The Show, and Sea of Thieves all have to release in a 10-day span right after a dry spell? It makes no sense and is unnecessary. Everyone would benefit from spreading things out.
Isnt that fisical year end during that time?

GamerEra

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All those games are wildly different.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
For a game supposedly coming out in 2 months, the release date should have already been announced a while ago.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They're still games competing for a finite amount of dollars from everyone. Even I don't know how I'm going to get the 4 I want that week, good luck to anyone getting even more than that.

On a week or month where not much else is out something like Ni No Kuni 2 could get the spotlight from various sites and if reviews were really good it may get some casuals on board. But in this situation it'll get swallowed alive by god of war, far cry, kirby and possibly even sea of thieves if MS promotes it, and in the niche space it'll be competing with yakuza 6.

Oct 31, 2017
Didn't GOW 3 and Ascension release in March? They did in the UK anyway, makes sense to me.
Every single big console GOW game released in March, it's almost tradition at this point.
  • God of War released on March 22, 2005
  • God of War II released on March 13, 2007
  • God of War III released on March 16, 2010
  • God of War: Ascension released on March 12, 2013

Steven35

Oct 28, 2017
United kingdom
I really hope so,that's right near my birthday.I actually wouldn't mind a slightly further away release date (may for example) i wouldn't want them panicking to get the game out.

reid23

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's gonna be the release date. We'll hear about it very shortly. GameInformer will end their exclusive coverage with the date.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Every single big console GOW game released in March, it's almost tradition at this point.
  • God of War released on March 22, 2005
  • God of War II released on March 13, 2007
  • God of War III released on March 16, 2010
  • God of War: Ascension released on March 12, 2013
huh, considering that GoW4 didn't start right after Ascension and SSM probably spent more than a year developing Stig's canceled game. GoW4 dev time didn't seem that bad. probably around 3 to 4 year? if it end up released at March 2018. 3-4 year to making a very different GoW that it might as well be new IP on new gen of hardware (compared to previous one).

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

Lots of people enjoy a variety of games.

I know I am interested in almost all of them outside of MLB The Show. I would definitely be able to buy more if they were spread out instead of having to pick 1-2 and then wait for the others to drop in price.

Jan 11, 2018
huh, considering that GoW4 didn't start right after Ascension and SSM probably spent more than a year developing Stig's canceled game. GoW4 dev time didn't seem that bad. probably around 3 to 4 year? if it end up released at March 2018. 3-4 year to making a very different GoW that it might as well be new IP on new gen of hardware (compared to previous one).

Barlog was brought back specifically to reimagine God of War, so it was in the planning phase before he even arrived in August 2013. We're at four and a half years at this point.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Barlog was brought back specifically to reimagine God of War, so it was in the planning phase before he even arrived in August 2013. We're at four and a half years at this point.
I think recent game informer preview mention that Barlog is the one who pitch GoW to Sony, Sony didnt want another GoW after Ascension underperform. Only after Barlog make his new kind of GoW that Sony give the go ahead.

Dont know if we had any date when this happened though

Jan 11, 2018
I think recent game informer preview mention that Barlog is the one who pitch GoW to Sony, Sony didnt want another GoW after Ascension underperform. Only after Barlog make his new kind of GoW that Sony give the go ahead.

Dont know if we had any date when this happened though

Yes, he did pitch to them. They had no idea what the game was going to be, only that they new they wanted a reimagining of God of War, and Shannon said they either needed Jaffe or Barlog to do it, and Jaffe was busy at the time. Corey was never brought back for anything other than to make a new God of War, so we can assume the planning phase for the game began as soon as he rejoined the studio.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool beans. March is cool, I only got Yakuza in mind (for now). Edit: shit ni no kuni, too

I'm entirely confident that this game will rock, but I'm not really that excited, thanks to the pretty tame marketing so far. Which is just as well, considering how hyped I was for 3. The trailers for that game were godly. Oh, hey. Godly amirite.

Anyway, curious to see how they'll ramp up the marketing for such a big title and I wonder if they'll spoil too many of those impossibly big boss creatures. Hope not.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Hmm seems like press kits are already out or on the way, at least according to this video?

Also reaffirms the March 22nd date from the source with the press kit but uh...yeah what's up with that then? Sounds like it has a build of the game too.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
If God of War isn't out end of March 2018, it could be late June release. Flipkart and Amazon.in both are suggesting June 30th 2018, could be a placeholder date, who knows!

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is taking this "announcing release date closer to release" to a whole new level. If this date is real then they will be officially announcing release date two months from release which probably means one month from going gold.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm seems like press kits are already out or on the way, at least according to this video?

Also reaffirms the March 22nd date from the source with the press kit but uh...yeah what's up with that then? Sounds like it has a build of the game too.

I can't wait for the media blowout, these shorter hype cycles are the best way to go about it.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
If it's coming that soon, they have to announce the date before the end of the month.