• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017

TL;DW: few days ago Bandai Namco revealed their line-up for Gamescom few: 12 games will be playable, but only 8 are already announced

- Jump Force
- Soul Calibur VI
- Dragon Ball FighterZ on Nintendo Switch
- One Piece World Seeker
- Code Vein
- Ace Combat 7
- My Hero One's Justice
- Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker

So there will be surprises including

"...a brand-new co-publishing project at the show we think our fans will be very excited about."

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/news/bandai-namco-entertainment-europe-reveals-gamescom-2018-line

Considering Nintendo is co-publishing many of Square and Bandai games, and considering Bandai has yet to announce something big for the Switch (outside Tales of Vesperia and My Hero One's Justice), that might be Ridge Racer 8.

I'd be really excited for this game cause Switch needs more racing titles, and Ridge Racer has a fairly successful history on handhelds, it really shines on small screens, the one on PSP was really impressive.

What do you want to see from it? How can Bamco save this franchise after the disappointing Unbounded?

Last edited:

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
Man I got really, really excited thinking something more solid had shown up for a second.
I think there's a fair chance, but part of me also thinks it could be tied to that Klonoa movie. Guess we'll see.

Seedy87

Jan 4, 2018
It seems likely, more so if that LinkedIn profile leak proves true. I don't really know why we needed another thread about Bamco at Gamescom though, seeing as this is just the same speculation...

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh shit. Any chance this would release this year? Would make the second half of 2018 look a bit better. Maybe unlikely but you never know!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone in the Smash thread mentioned that there was some rumor about Nintendo having a Direct in August. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo have a late Summer Direct and reveal the game on there right before Gamescom.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yeah it probably is Ridge Racer 8 since MP4 was kinda hinted by Reggie when he played Mario Tennis with Geoff to appear during Game Awards.

Ashidome

Banned
Jun 28, 2018
Would prefer the co-published game to be Xenosaga Remaster. Does BN need Nintendo to publish a Ridge Racer for Switch?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Well we have the Ridge Racer 8 LinkedIn thing from a few months back that actually points at it being a thing. Should be in Op.

OP
OP

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
It seems likely, more so if that LinkedIn profile leak proves true. I don't really know why we needed another thread about Bamco at Gamescom though, seeing as this is just the same speculation...

I wanted to make a more specific thread about Ridge Racer.

What do you want to see from it? How can Bamco save this franchise after the disappointing Unbounded?

I guess they could reuse some of the assets or even the engine from Unbounded, visually it does look good

but they have to rework the gameplay entirely.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This isn't so much a rumor. More so speculation.

If there isn't a thread on Bandai Namco's lineup for gamescom yet then someone can make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.