• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Seems to be info from a Brazilian dataminer/reseacher

- I received some information recently regarding the title: Grand Theft Auto V: Expanded And Enhanced: The development was complicated. At the moment its [releae] is still in March, but there are great chances that it will be delayed to April/May.

- Their original plan was the same (talking about just upgrading the last-gen versions with patches) with a GTA Online Standalone launching sometime in 2021. But with the growth and evolution of GTA Online, it needs to have a engine that can withstand the precision and constant growth ahead. Since they are doing a readaptation... As I mentioned a while ago Rockstar Games is preparing 3 amazing things for GTA Online. I can't say much, but pack your bags.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this just the pc version set to high/ultra? How hard can this be? Unless I'm dramatically mistaken and it's something else altogether

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, after seeing what they put out there for the trilogy releases I'd believe it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
You've released this game how many times, on how many different platforms, and now you're running into issues? I know they can't be doing much in the way of enhancements beyond offering the high-end PC experience, so what's the problem area? I wouldn't imagine that if there going to be large content or graphical additions, they would have opted to highlight those in their trailer rather than cinematic shots of the last-gen versions.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
GTA Online is still massive, enough so that they finally added story DLC incthe form of "The Contract" which was implemented via GTA Online.

I wouldn't put it past Rockstar to want to add more to GTA Online and keep the cashflow rolling, though would such content then be current-gen exclusive??

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I wouldn't care for a delay but the reveal trailer didn't exactly instill a lot of confidence regarding this upgrade.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot care about GTA Online, despite all the talk of amazing things in its future.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
who is this person and is there any reason to think they might have legitimate information other than the fact that they have a twitter account?

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Making games is hard, porting games is hard too.

It's odd that a studio like Rockstar seems to struggle with the game that they know best

Then again the engine probably never was meant to last so long

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'm officially oversaturated on GTA V. It's an Xbox 360 / PS3 game. It's already at Skyrim levels of releasing on everything and now the re-releases are delayed? lol I get that it's a cash cow, but from a consumer perspective, can we just get on with GTA VI already?

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm officially oversaturated on GTA V. It's an Xbox 360 / PS3 game. It's already at Skyrim levels of releasing on everything and now the re-releases are delayed? lol I get that it's a cash cow, but from a consumer perspective, can we just get on with GTA VI already?

You can thank GTA Online for that. They're never gonna turn off that money spigot.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I am not into GTA Online and a lil heartbroken it all ended up going this direction but I understand from a financial standpoint. Sounds like expansions will be new places to visit with no single player content in said areas.

Dec 11, 2017
They aren't shutting down the PS4/Xbox One versions anytime soon, right? Doesn't compatibility with that hold back any major changes to the platform?

OP
OP
nolifebr

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
They aren't shutting down the PS4/Xbox One versions anytime soon, right? Doesn't compatibility with that hold back any major changes to the platform?

They already announced some things exclusive to the newest generation.

"Select vehicles will be upgradable with all new speed improvements and more. These special upgrades will be available only on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of Grand Theft Auto V — stay tuned for more details."

There's no confirmation of cross-generation play, so it's likely that PS5 and XBS will have their own servers.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
This surely is because they will want GTA online to integrate and smoothly transition when GTA 6 releases. A lot of people are enormously invested in it, and won't want to just drop all their progress (and money spent) when the new game comes out. I'd imagine it's a shitload of work to ensure the engine can be futureproofed to allow that integration.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
We are at a point now where ports of PS360 games are in development hell. Truly astonishing.

I know, I know, GTA Online and all. But I'd wish they would get their shit together and just release another Single-Player GTA game.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sounds like they're trying to use a new engine to expand the online.

Which is something Bungie needs to do for Destiny 2.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean didn't some random person fix long loading in GTA V by changing a small line.

All the money, well maybe not now since Take 2 spent it.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
Even ports are now getting stuck in development hell. Game development needs a overhaul.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
A company that doesn't do pretty much anything else is having problems with the one thing they have to do? I don't believe this.