• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Last night someone going by the name of "anonRocksteady" posted a thread to various subreddits detailing Rocksteady's new game. Not surprisingly, it's another Batman game. Here's the deets:

Let me start off by saying that Rocksteady isn't making that Harry Potter game. That's Avalanche Software, WB's new studio they purchased last year. To all those who were hoping that Rocksteady was moving on from the Arkhamverse and making a different type of DC game, I'm sorry, but they aren't. There's no Justice League or Superman game in development.
Rocksteady's new multiplayer Batman game is scheduled to get announced at X018. Here's everything I know:

• Title: DC's Arkham Universe
  • Release Date: Fall 2019
  • Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC
  • Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)
  • Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood
  • Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through complete overhaul.
  • Gotham is now a "living, breathing city"
  • Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain,Overcast,Snow)
  • There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.
  • Main Villain: Court of Owls
  • Story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.
  • Every character is available in free roam.
  • Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles
  • Batcave serves as main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes
  • Game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.
  • Stealth segments make you work together
  • Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.
  • Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.
  • New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual takedown to get them down)
  • Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)
  • Game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously
  • This is supposed to be Rocksteady's true "last hoorah" of Batman games.

Rocksteady rumors have been coming in like hot cakes lately, and while this could be piggybacking off the last few, there seems to be at least some merit to it.

Reddit users have identified that various "Arkham Universe" domains were registered by WB Interactive a few years ago, the same time that Arkham Origins, Arkham Knight, and supposedly the cancelled WB Montreal Arkham game were all created.

With what we know about Rocksteady's game (that it isn't Superman or Justice League, but it is a game featuring "superheroes" and contains GaaS multiplayer elements) this could very well be true.

X018 is about a month away, and while Rocksteady in the past was partnered with Sony, last year WB's other AAA studio, Monolith had Shadow of War partnered with Microsoft. Possibly could be a turning of the tide for WB.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
RegularJointEwe-size_restricted.gif

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Multiplayer. 100 batmobiles drop onto an island...

After Knight, they're gonna have to sell this hard to me. They seemed completely out of ideas by the end. The Arkham Knight identity reveal is one of the most embarrassing video game "surprises" I've ever seen.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Uh wasnt Sony the marketing partner on all previous games? Seems like a bad place for a third party to announce a multiplatform game.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Why the hell would this be anymore credible than anything I could make up myself with the same nickname.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess we'll see in a month. I do like the idea of a co-op Batman game, and having the whole Batfamily is dope.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno how much I believe it considering there doesn't seem to be any evidence at all, or vetting

Everything sounds fine except the glaring issue of "time of day". They could probably pull it off by making it winter and overcast constantly but that'd still be pretty weird

Also the end of AK kinda makes it unclear if the Batcave is even a thing anymore

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if this is true but I'm always up for more Batman. The Court of Owls would be a great choice for villains.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Idk, we'll see.
Not much to add till more confirmation.

If it ends up being true, I just hope this is more like a side thing and not their main big next thing because well, it doesn't get me that much hyped, but ok.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Maaan "Arkham Universe" is a weak AF title. I remember when Arkham City was potentially going to be called "Ashes of Gotham", wish they'd use that eventually.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'd play the shit out of this. But was also hoping for something else.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Another Arkham? with multiplayer???
J9y5ZWf.gif

This feels more like something WB Montreal would make.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
The Court of Owls being the villains was also in a never-happened 'Arkham Insurgency' rumour from a while back. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

That's said if this is real and the last Arkham game I'll be pissed. Give me Batman: Beyond Arkham.

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
Is the twist ending gonna be that Joker was running the Court of Owls all along?

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Zero interest if this is true.

Another full on Batman game does nothing for me, Batman as part of JL would be fine but I don't need "Arkham Knight but bigger and with co-op".

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm. I wonder how they'll follow up from the ending of Arkham Knight, if this is actually accurate.

Calm Killer

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't play the last 2 or 3 batmans, so not really interested in this one. Shame, I was hoping for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.