• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Found this on the PS4 subreddit. Apparently someone leaked Rocksteady's Justice League game coming next year, and the folks over on the BatmanArkham subreddit quietly removed the post. Here's the link, and here's what it says:

• Possible titles - Justice League: Crisis, Justice League: New Crisis, Justice League: Infinite Crisis. Seems they haven't settled on a title yet, but they have a new staple in Crisis. Kind of like how Arkham was to their Batman series.

• Developer - Rocksteady

• Systems - Xbox Scarlett/PS5/PC. You'll hear more details on Xbox's new system later this year with a full reveal early 2019. PS5 will be announced in early 2019 as well.

• Type - Single Player/Co-op. You can switch between characters like in Arkham Knight. The campaign can be played both ways, but there's also a different game mode catered to multiplayer. Also, it's GaaS, so expect a ton of DLC content. They're gonna have something similar to Hitman with episodic DLC.

• Characters - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash(Pretty sure it's Wally), Green Lantern(Hal), Cyborg, Aquaman.

• Cities - Metropolis, Gotham, Keystone(why I said it's probably Wally), more others through DLC. Each city is a bit bigger than AK, and just as detailed.

• Villains - Main big bad is Starro. As the episodic stuff rolls out you'll see Brainiac and even Darkseid.

• Story - All the heroes are pretty early on in their careers. Batman's still considered an urban legend to anyone outside of Gotham, Superman isn't the "world protector" yet, and WW is still on Themyscira. Aquaman's still in the sea, GL is in space, and Wally isn't even a hero yet.

• Gameplay - From what I hear, it plays just like the Arkham games, except more refined and "opened up". Guessing that's for the heroes that can fly and such.

• DLC - A lot of the DLC will have new cities and new playable characters. Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter and probably a lot more. They're expecting this game to last for years, so I wouldn't be surprised if this game ended up being like Destiny in the sense that it gets updated constantly.
Not sure how legit this is, but something that was cool that was pointed out, is the supposed main villain of the game, Starro, has a pretty cool Easter Egg in Arkham Knight.

In the past Arkham games, Rocksteady has always alluded to their forthcoming game. In Asylum, they had a hidden room hinting to Arkham City. In Arkham City they had a barge with Scarecrow toxin hinting to Arkham Knight, and in Arkham Knight's DLC, Batgirl: A Matter of Family, there's a hidden room with Starro in a gigantic test tube.

For those who don't know who Starro is, he's the first major villain of the Justice League. Here's the video:

Game is supposedly gonna have episodic content and extensive DLC plans. Kind of like Destiny. Poster also says the game is coming to next gen and to expect a reveal sometime next year.

With all the recent job hirings from Rocksteady like multiplayer testers, network programmers, and GaaS product managers, this makes the most sense. Also, it seems odd that the mods of the BatmanArkham subreddit would take it down, but not anybody else.

What do you guys think?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my gosh, I would like to see that. Just look at the DC Universe intro cinematic, it could be so awesome!

I just realized Shazam is in this video, well I just didn't know who Shazam was so I didn't know to be impressed by that call. Oh wait, that's Black Adam I think.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Someone is very confident about the new consoles.

Even though I do believe that there is a chance for Sony to have a PlayStation Meeting in February, I don't think it will be necessary for Rocksteady to specifically announce that this is for a new gen that early. They can just announce the game without specifying the console, for that reason, that section of the bullet points don't give me much confidence on this.

Last edited:

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am calling bullshit.

Xbox Next and PS5 reveal early 2019? JenniferLawrenceOkay.gif

Also MULTIPLE cities EACH LARGER than Gotham in AK? LMAO. This is like fan fiction at its best.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Another thing that's new: Studio Gobo, a UK studio specializing in GaaS services, recently announced a partnership with WB for 2018 and beyond. Some of their games include For Honor, Disney Infinity, and F1 2012. Here's their site: http://www.studiogobo.com/

They also say that the games they are working on with WB aren't announced yet. Probab;y partnering with a UK neighbor...

Oct 27, 2017
New Xbox and PS5 reveal in early 2019.
giphy.gif

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Nah. It's not really the console stuff that puts me off so much as the content and stuff. Starro as the big bad for a 2018 Justice League game?

That won't cut it unless they do something drastic. Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't think Rocksteady is making a DC game. I really think they want to stretch their creative legs and not be typecast as the superhero developer. I think they're doing either a new IP or just shifting away from DC, but I lean more towards new IP.

I assume the Batman Arkham Reddit (if that's fan run, I'm not sure if it is or not) asked for a way to verify the information and then didn't get anything. If it's not fan run, then I wouldn't be shocked if they took it down simply because it's just misinformation

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sounds either super fake or stupidly ambitious

Say 3 explorable cities but mention that each hero is in their own city meaning themiscyra, sea and space.

edit: missed the xbox next thing.
Yeah super fake

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it was deleted from the subreddit because it was clearly bullshit and not because they were trying to hide something.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it was deleted from the subreddit because it was clearly bullshit and not because they were trying to hide something.
Maybe. The subreddit has a dedicated post for "rumors/leaks", and if something pops up and someone makes a post about it, they issue a notice saying "this belongs in the rumors/leaks megathread" and move it. But this time, they didn't say anything and just deleted it

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
No fucking way, does it sound amazing? hells yeah but it's too outlandish.

3 cities and each just as detailed as Arkham knight? Like they'd need a assassins creed sized team for that.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
I immediately call bullroar at thebidea that we're getting PS5 AND Xbox Next next year. Simply not happening. 2020 at the earliest.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 being announced in early 2019 when more reliable rumors peg this as being way off makes this fake as is.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems far-fetched to take on a Justice League game before anyone can figure out a Superman game.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And we're sure as shit not hearing anything about Scarlet anytime soon. Not until next E3 at the earliest.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Wasn't Sekiro and Ghost of Tsushima leaks pretty detailed and spot on as well? Same with FFXV.

Besides, Arkham Knight anticipated quite a lot of this already so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually do it.

The Scarlet and PS5 bit is too much maybe, but I still think it can be true.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Most of that sounds far fetched as hell. All those cities as detailed as AK. Lol sure.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, seems pretty fake. With that said the X18 is just around the corner so we will know soon if MS actually is going to tease the next Box or not (probably not).

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Some of this does sound far-fetched, but when you think about some of the other games that are coming out, it kinda doesn't.

Crystal Dynamics has a whole ass Avengers game coming. Who knows how many characters and areas we get to play in with that.
Anthem looks absolutely massive and beautifully detailed, and the customization is great.
Destiny has been around for a while, they got massive areas as well.

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm...even if it is fake, you have to wonder what the hell Rocksteady has been working on over there.

Also, the leaks mention next gen "reveals" next year. So much for 2020? Would they announce consoles a year-plus in advance when they have so much momentum going currently? I dunno.

This is interesting though.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure people (press?) have seen Rocksteady's new game recently, so I wouldn't be surprised at these leaks. Though obviously it's the internet. But at least it wasn't accompanied with a blurry off-TV screenshot.

Deleted member 1074

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so we have had a superman game rumor, then a damian wayne game rumor, now its justice league.
idk sounds like fanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.