• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Good I hope more and more and more stuff leaks early, just so we can get past the culture of upholding a product announcement as something sacred, it's unhealthy. I appreciate the leaks, I love seeing them, I don't need a press conference to have interest or to care, and we shouldn't promote a culture that hides shit like this to the last moment.

Honestly I would just be happy if E3 died in terms of pressers and announcements, and was strictly for business deal and companies would just do things more like every other entertainment industry.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The next gen consoles will both most likely offer this, but not necessarily for games, rather TV's. Eg for 8k upscaling or media content, and 120hz for interpolation and motion modes. I doubt the games themselves target 8K and 120fps, not outside of 2D indie titles etc anyway.
This makes sense.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Well, that's quite the leak portfolio (even though some stuff is old news). If they wanted attention, they sure got it now - curious to see how this will work out for them and how much of this is true

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Every single thing leaked

Has this ever happened before? Is this all true?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Deathloop is Arkane's game btw

It's multiplayer so if those of you ain't up for that, better to get your frustrations out now than during Bethesda's conference

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These are probably good guesses or fake, but I'm not mad them. "Leak culture" is entertaining.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot makes it sounds a lot like One Piece World Seeker where you could only play Luffy, and it makes me fearful it'll be as bad.

Idontwantit

Alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2019
Good I hope more and more and more stuff leaks early, just so we can get past the culture of upholding a product announcement as something sacred, it's unhealthy. I appreciate the leaks, I love seeing them, I don't need a press conference to have interest or to care, and we shouldn't promote a culture that hides shit like this to the last moment.

Honestly I would just be happy if E3 died in terms of pressers and announcements, and was strictly for business deal and companies would just do things more like every other entertainment industry.

People working hard on something and showing it to the world when they are ready should make way for impatient gamers and unreliable people that leak inside info? That's an upside down world.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's quite the leak portfolio (even though some stuff is old news). If they wanted attention, they sure got it now - curious to see how this will work out for them and how much of this is true
giphy.gif

Might not all be true then gotcha

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Halo Infinite as a Scarlet launch title for Fall 2020. Pretty interesting if true.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A FF8 port using that magic AI tech to upscale the backgrounds sounds good to me.

Modding FF8 is a nightmare right now

Megaten

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like these Specs are making it sound more powerful then it will be. The 8k/120fps spec probably just means it comes with a full HDMI 2.1 port. That supports up to 10k/120fps.

Unless its an 8bit indie title, you wont see native 8k for a decent amount of time. Now they could also blur the line and kinda do what Sony did and say they do "8K" but in reality its just some form of CB rendering or up-scaling, and not native resolution.
Yea, basically this. Sony also claimed the PS5 would do 8K. You're not actually gonna be playing 8K/120hz games, guys. Ask anyone on the PC end about how much fun it is to deal with DisplayPort this and HDMI that with regards to the bandwidth that would take. But this probably isn't going to be any higher than $500, I don't know why everyone is claiming anything more other than to maybe low key throw shade at MS. I remember reading articles in GamePro 15 years ago talking about how the PSP was so insanely powerful, there was no way it would cost less than 800 bucks. Whoops no, launched at 180 in Japan (in the US we got that suckshit bundle with a case/movie/etc for 250). Heard similar things about how the 250 dollar Vita was gonna cost 500. Whoops again. Oh my lord, the PS4 has 8GB of GDDR5...this is gonna cost us a pretty penn...oops oh wait no. Why do people continually underestimate how much cheaper megacorps can get these components for, per unit, in mass bulk?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Just release the original FF 6 on Steam Square, I don't even need a remaster