• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Exciting. Loved the look of the game. Was really neat how PS5 got two mascot platformers at launch.

Everything coming except Bloodborne...

Steam will be Kat's salvation.
And you know what? Use that opportunity to name it Gravity Daze worldwide. Make it right.

A steam release of 1 + 2 would legit I think do really quite well. It's the sort of comparatively niche product that could blow up on PC or just get continual stable revenue far into the future. It would also avoid the issue with 2 where they established a userbase for 1 on a different platform.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Not surprised was at GameStop the other day and I saw it for $35. Feels like this time next year it'll be hovering around the $20's price wise

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I get that people are thirsty for PlayStation exclusives on PC, but is the Sumo reference the only thing that leads to the Sackboy theory ? There is to be something else, right ? I have no idea how SteamDB works.

Big Adventure is the first Sack Boy/LBP game to use Unreal Engine right?

Might be too easy of a port to pass up. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Or most likely planned all along. I wonder if Destruction All Stars (also UE4 game) will get a PC release as well. It should imo.

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Sony decided to support another handheld this generation after all, and it's the Steam Deck.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
- Only games 2 years or older will get ported.
- Ok it can be less than 2 years old if it's a cross-gen game
- ?????
Exactly. The arbitrary rules some make for Sony are always changing. Started with Sony will never port games to PC and since then had several iterations.

Last edited:

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
The have that needed a pc port as soon as possible is dreams. Heck make it multiplatform it should be like Minecraft available on every thing possible

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
The have that needed a pc port as soon as possible is dreams. Heck make it multiplatform it should be like Minecraft available on every thing possible
Dreams make so much sense that I am wondering why it didn't happen already.
Another one bites the dust.

At this point, Sony probably has a roadmap of PC ports to release throughout next year. It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume every PlayStation game listed in the nvidia database has a PC version currently in development.
Sony definitely seems to have a list and I feel it will surprise us, because not only did Sony buy a studio for PC. They also hire other teams for their ports. For example you'd think GoW will be handled by Sony own PC studio, but it's not.

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm not interested in a whole lot. GT7 definitely. Would love Astro Bot and Wipeout (with VR). Those are the three I'd really love. The rest I'm meh about. I'd trade that entire list for those three.

Definitely rich about that person whining about port whining though. Sony fans have free reign to port beg for games to come to PSVR. And if it's Oculus exclusive, have license to tell us how shitty Facebook is and what a travesty it is that anything is exclusive to that (even if it only exists because Facebook funded the entire thing and it otherwise wouldn't).

you are me (but I have a ps5 butttt I would love Astro bot the vr one so I can use my pc headset)

the rest yeah im pretty whatever but I do want to play sack boy one day. I love platformers

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
From the Nvidia leak, do you guys think the Ratchet and Clank entry is Rift Apart? That's the one PS5 exclusive I'd love to play

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
GT7 with modding support would be unfathomable. Assetto Corsa, a game you could have purchased in some capacity nine years ago is still frequently played because of its large modding scene. It's given the game such large legs that if it's your first time hearing of this title, it's sold more than every other Gran Turismo game except GT3. That's the market GT7 can tap into just by existing on PC.
You're forgetting that GTA7 has a lot of modes that require an internet connection. So, iam not sure if sony will allow Mods on it.
From the Nvidia leak, do you guys think the Ratchet and Clank entry is Rift Apart? That's the one PS5 exclusive I'd love to play
I mean its likely to be the 2016 one but if its rift apart i won't be surprised either.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
What's hilarious about that Nvidia list is that it literally has every single other From x Playstation collaboration listed. But not Bloodborne.

The fact that they are PC From fans are gonna get Deracine before Bloodborne is borderline cruelty.

Res-bot

Nov 11, 2017
Awesome! Sackboy playing on my Deck! Its like an alternative universe where Sony made a successor to the vita!

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely a weird thing to get upset about. More people get to play the games, and Sony gets more money from a largely untapped market.

On topic, I'm looking forward to seeing what the modders add in to this game lol.
I can totally understand people getting upset if they spent $500 on a system because sony promised games that could only be done on that system. If one year later they decided to port everything to pc and ps4 they probably feel like they were sold a console based on a lie even if games being ported to other places is better for everyone.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Expected. Eventually all ps studios games will come even day 1, and that's good news for everyone.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Expected. Eventually all ps studios games will come even day 1, and that's good news for everyone.

I don't that would ever happen, it would be counterintuitive to what their perceived PC strategy is. They'd cannibalise their own sales if they did day in date games on both platforms. Makes more sense to space the PC release on by a year or two to build hype for the next game, give PC players a chance to spend money on a game that doesn't bring any revenue in and also catch double dippers as well.

I could be wrong as nobody knows Sony's strategy but it just doesn't make sense to me for them to release across all platforms day one.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I don't that would ever happen, it would be counterintuitive to what their perceived PC strategy is. They'd cannibalise their own sales if they did day in date games on both platforms. Makes more sense to space the PC release on by a year or two to build hype for the next game, give PC players a chance to spend money on a game that doesn't bring any revenue in and also catch double dippers as well.

I could be wrong as nobody knows Sony's strategy but it just doesn't make sense to me for them to release across all platforms day one.
That could be very well the case but what if the bulk of console players arent willing to move to PC and the bulk of PC players arent willing to move to console? There wouldnt be any cannibalising, or at least not a relevant one in comparison with possible benefits.

But yeah, they are the ones with the data. We will wait and see.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
As a reminder the NVIDIA leak

unknown-26.png
Holy shit. Is this fair?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Exactly. The arbitrary rules some make for Sony are always changing. Started with Sony will never port games to PC and since then had several iterations.

- Sony will never port games to PC.
- Sony is porting the Quantic Dream games because it is an investor in Epic and the exclusivity money paid for development. Don't expect more ports.
- Sony is porting Horizon Zero Dawn because most of the work has been done on account of Death Stranding using the same engine and it wants to drum up interest in the sequel. Don't expect ports of anything released relatively recently.
- Sony is porting Days Gone because it underperformed. Don't expect ports of titles in a successful franchise, like Uncharted.
- Sony is porting Uncharted because it's dormant franchise. Don't expect ports of titles in a successful and active franchise, like God of War.
- Sony is porting God of War (2018) because it's not a cross-gen game. Don't expect ports of games that are also available on PS5.
- Sony is porting Sackboy because it is a cross-gen game. Don't expect ports of PS5 exclusives.
- Sony is porting [PS5 exclusive] because [reason]. Don't expect day-one releases. <--- We are here. [1]
- I can't believe Sony is doing day-one releases! I'm cancelling my pre-orders! / I always suspected Sony's PC port initiative would culminate in day-and-date releases! I never said otherwise, no sir!

Late edit:
The post isn't mocking console users (nor does it constitute a derail when the topic of discussion is a port that may or may not exist). I myself have a gaming PC and a PS4, even. It's just a timeline of how the narrative has shifted among zealous fanboys and where it'll go next if Sony continues to embrace the PC as a neutral platform.

I'll concede the last item on the list is a bit harsh (and I should also clarify that the first bit is actually a reference to this Twitter exchange that occurred back when Microsoft announced it'd be doing day-and-date releases beginning with Quantum Break), but should day-and-date releases come to pass, there are absolutely a sizeable amount of people who'll either grossly overreact or refuse to acknowledge they were mistaken and claim they were a member of #TeamDayOneOneDay all along.

Edit: My own personal stance on all this PC port business is that Sony is gathering data to ascertain whether, as Microsoft found, there's a significant audience out there who are interested in first-party content but either cannot or are unwilling to invest in a console ecosystem, and by the end of this gen, it'll have announced a shift to a day-and-date strategy, which will coincide with the launch of its own PC client. And this will only be a good thing, as a wider net = more sales = larger chance of the games being considered a success.

Last edited:

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Summer 2022, if I have to guess. It's selling at full price on PSN, with no release in any subscription-based service. I think they'll try to squeeze it all they can on their storefront before moving it anywhere else.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Sweet, they must be putting Sackboy on there so PC gamers get excited and buy a PS5 for Sackboy 2 /s

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
- Sony is porting the Quantic Dream games because it is an investor in Epic and the exclusivity money paid for development. Don't expect more ports.
- Sony is porting Horizon Zero Dawn because most of the work has been done on account of Death Stranding using the same engine and it wants to drum up interest in the sequel. Don't expect ports of anything released relatively recently.
- Sony is porting Days Gone because it underperformed. Don't expect ports of titles in a successful franchise, like Uncharted.
- Sony is porting Uncharted because it's dormant franchise. Don't expect ports of titles in a successful and active franchise, like God of War.
- Sony is porting God of War (2018) because it's not a cross-gen game. Don't expect ports of games that are also available on PS5.
- Sony is porting Sackboy because it is a cross-gen game. Don't expect ports of PS5 exclusives. <--- We are here.
- Sony is porting [PS5 exclusive] because [reason]. Don't expect day-one releases.
- I can't believe Sony is doing day-one releases! I'm cancelling my pre-orders! / I always suspected Sony's PC port initiative would culminate in day-and-date releases! I never said otherwise, no sir!
"X character cannot get in Smash" vibes.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
- Sony is porting Sackboy because it is a cross-gen game. Don't expect ports of PS5 exclusives. <--- We are here.
- Sony is porting [PS5 exclusive] because [reason]. Don't expect day-one releases.
How far we've come since the days of "Are japanese devs going to see sales on PC? Im worried they are gonna die after no one buys their games."

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
OOF!

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
This post deserves some sort of medal.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I don't that would ever happen, it would be counterintuitive to what their perceived PC strategy is. They'd cannibalise their own sales if they did day in date games on both platforms.
Is there any data that confirms this? Or just speculation?

We know right now that Microsoft games on steam apparently aren't cannibalizing console sales despite being launch day at both platforms. Alongside this we know that steam alone is a similar size to PSN and Microsoft games are dominating the top charts.

My conclusion with the data we have now is that PC players and Console players are seemengly a different market. Because if they weren't a different market then any steam top game would be a flop on consoles as I highly doubt most people would buy a game twice.

Alongside the above Sony spends quite a bit marketing their games thus launching 2 platforms with 1 marketing campaign would be much better for profit instead of having 2 marketing campaigns
This is gold