• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So this was posted before Gameinformer's coverage by about a week in /vg/ and /v/...and alot of what it says is very much in line with the Gameinformer article that was just put up, so we can assume it's very legit. There's end game spoilers, so if you want to go in blind don't look.
"Sekiro leak-anon in the thread.
Sorry for bad English, also I know very less of you even care about Sekiro. I am working student that got to work with Activision Asia for last 3 months, I'm also the guy who leaked the content of TGS trailer 3 days before the actual reveal.
Well, here we go.

The game Is kinda finished right now. Right now, everyone works with optimization, checking bugs, filling collision-holes and so on.

The game starts with opening cinematic, but it's WIP, so I can't really tell anything about it.

We start to play as Sekiro who still has both of his hands, so prosthetic arm's functions are unavailable. We're starting in some dark village, that was attacked by samurais seeking for someone. The tutorial shows us how to fight (even though you can spam-to-death every enemy you see there), how to stealth and how to use items. In the end you meet Ashina commander, that states that they came to steal the Young Prince. During the boss fight the boss does a lot of unique moves that you likely will not manage to dodge, so there's no real way to win this. When you get your final hit, the screen freezes and cutscene of your cut arm starts playing. Then you hear the voice of your Young Lord saying that you must seek him, and that his blood is the thing that keeps us alive. Well, it gives us a hint about the reason why actually this Ashina commander want this child so badly.

Then after a short cutscene that shows us Bushi saying something like "mah mah mah I saved you, now get out" we found ourselves in a cave with lots of Budda statues. If we're trying to talk with Bushi, there are few dialog lines he has: one about our prosthetic arm that you already heard - "something something YOU GOT SOMETHING MORE USEFUL THAT YOUR HAND something something" and another one saying that he's not human nor a god, and he just found us without hand while walking here and there.

The last location I got to play was the night burning village (by the way, the previous location appeared to be in night time aswell), that turned out to be the Iga Village, where a lot of ninjas were trained and where thei lived. Before we get there we got a grappling hook tutorial, as it's the only thing we get to use at this point. Later on you will be able to find an axe-prosthetic.

The optimization of this location Is bad as hell, fps drops to numbers like 38.
The mid-boss you gonna meet there had placeholder as his name, but you already saw him in the first trailer - the fat guy with murakumo as his weapon. He has 2 stages and in the second one he infects his weapon with a poison, so you need not only to deflect all his attacks, but to dodge his attacks aswell, because you just can get poisoned even If you perfectly deflect all of his attacks. Well, it doesn't really matter, as you can just die, ressurect and stealthy kill him, like it's shown in the trailer.
So that's all the things I have played so far, but I watched the others playing this game and I can confirm some things that you, guys, were wondered about.
- Granny Ninja is a late game boss, we're not gonna meet her in this burning temple that I was talking about.
- I don't know who the hell is this girl talking shit about "Shura" in TGS trailer, but she might be hinting to game's final boss (or, at least, late-game boss) - Ashura. There was boss fight with some bold demon who has 6 arms and katanas in each of them. This demon was hella fast and had 5 stages.
- Skills. You got some special kind of points for killing bosses (and mid-bosses maybe?) and you can use them to make yourself stronger. As far as I know the skill-tree isn't very impressive, but you won't be able to try everything you want in just one playthrough.
- The Immortal Blade is some kind of Lordvessel. It helps you to kill some special bosses with shinobi blow, otherwise these bosses will just return to their previous phase state.
- Wall jumping Is an unlockable skill.
- There's a special ending that you'll get If you won't resurrect even once. Die as much as you want but accept your death and don't resurrect to get this ending.
- Once, remembering the first Sekiro leak about character creation and multiplayer, I asked one of the lead managers of multiplayer and he told me, that Activision were the ones who made From Software change their mind and to delete this multiplayer feature and they DID really want to use this "invade as enemy-mob" feature, that they wanted to use in Bloodborne. Told nothing about character creation though.""

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
- Once, remembering the first Sekiro leak about character creation and multiplayer, I asked one of the lead managers of multiplayer and he told me, that Activision were the ones who made From Software change their mind and to delete this multiplayer feature and they DID really want to use this "invade as enemy-mob" feature, that they wanted to use in Bloodborne. Told nothing about character creation though."

This is fake, Miyazaki said they had creative control on the game afaik, bs.
Also, Activision is only publishing in the west, Asia + Japan is From for jp and another publisher for Asia, so i highly doubt Activision had anything to say about implementing or not a mp mode.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Miyisaki already admitted the name was insisted upon by Activision, the game's name. It was originally just going to be Sekiro, but Activision wanted the subtitle.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can somebody condense the leak to only mechanics/gameplay info and scrub out all of the story/lore/enemy spoilers?

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, Activision is only publishing in the west, Asia + Japan is From for jp and another publisher for Asia, so i highly doubt Activision had anything to say about implementing or not a mp mode.
If you think a major publisher for Western distribution of the game has no creative influence over certain aspects of the game, I have a really nice bridge to sell you. Having creative freedom does not mean Activision won't pull its weight on certain decisions. The naiveté of people who have never worked in any entertainment industry is truly precious.

That doesn't mean the OP isn't full of shit, though.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody condense the leak to only mechanics/gameplay info and scrub out all of the story/lore/enemy spoilers?
Bad framerate drops.
A not very interesting skill tree.
Mid bosses.
Special ending if you don't resurect once.
Unlockable skills.
Skills gained from killing bosses.

Not really much else interesting.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

Here's the mechanic/gameplay only info for those who want no spoilers:

- Skills. You got some special kind of points for killing bosses (and mid-bosses maybe?) and you can use them to make yourself stronger. As far as I know the skill-tree isn't very impressive, but you won't be able to try everything you want in just one playthrough.
- The Immortal Blade is some kind of Lordvessel. It helps you to kill some special bosses with shinobi blow, otherwise these bosses will just return to their previous phase state.
- There's a special ending that you'll get If you won't resurrect even once. Die as much as you want but accept your death and don't resurrect to get this ending.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
tbh Sekiro should have been sufficient. I guess Activision thinks (or concluded from research) that not having any sort of english name might either scare potential buyers that do not keep themselves informed of gaming news or that they might assume it won't even be in english.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
tbh Sekiro should have been sufficient. I guess Activision thinks (or concluded from research) that not having any sort of english name might either scare potential buyers that do not keep themselves informed of gaming news or that they might assume it won't even be in english.

I agree, Shadow Die Twice is just unnecessary and honestly a shitty name imo.

so wait, how many times can you resurrect in a fight?

Last time I heard they are still balancing that.

You are guaranteed to have one resurrection each time but there's a way to get more, perhaps it's items such as Humanity in Dark Souls.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Article on the game's hub

Sorry, not sure if it's been posted anywhere else so I just picked this thread. I'm actually disappointed to find out it has a disconnected hub you have to warp to when Dark Souls 1 was very specifically name-dropped referring to its world design in previous interviews. Then again they're probably referring to area interconnections so I probably just read too far into it.

Still a big "damn" from me, would've loved full-on Firelink Shrine style. Absolutely loved that addition going from Demon's Souls back then and it being axed in subsequent games, and/or combined with insta-warping, wasn't nearly as cool.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry, not sure if it's been posted anywhere else so I just picked this thread. I'm actually disappointed to find out it has a disconnected hub you have to warp to when Dark Souls 1 was very specifically name-dropped referring to its world design in previous interviews. Then again they're probably referring to area interconnections so I probably just read too far into it.

Still a big "damn" from me, would've loved full-on Firelink Shrine style. Absolutely loved that addition going from Demon's Souls back then and it being axed in subsequent games, and/or combined with insta-warping, wasn't nearly as cool.

There is a general gameinformer thread for the coverage.

Also they say you can teleport there but it has paths leading from and to it.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Impressive (if true) that Activision wanted From to focus on the single player exclusively.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Crisis averted. Didn't see the thread in the search I did, ignore post everyone!
Think Majula with shortcuts leading back to the paths instead of directly back to the hub.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ga...over-revealed-sekiro-shadows-die-twice.92092/

Here you go.

Impressive (if true) that Activision wanted From to focus on the single player exclusively.
They even helped them with tutorials, apparently only thing they were involved with.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

I'd reread that, it does say it branches but you're able to warp back to it as well.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Here's the mechanic/gameplay only info for those who want no spoilers:

Okay, so nothing too unexpected. The skill tree thing is weird, since I don't know how you make an "impressive" skill tree these days. They're almost always either passive stat increases and new moves.

A lot of design choices really regressed after Dark Souls.

Three games later, it still has the best:
-Hub Area
-World Design
-Leveling Process (Level directly from any bonfire)
-Fast Travel (None until after the midboss)

Bloodborne surpassed it in many other ways, of course. Hopefully Sekiro will be on par with BB.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'd reread that, it does say it branches but you're able to warp back to it as well.

You know what, I misread the following in my extremely excited state and must've gotten confused:

After that, you can access the Dilapidated Temple from any of the sculptor's idols (which act as Sekiro's take on bonfires). You can also use limited-stock items to immediately teleport yourself to the temple from anywhere in the world (similar to how Dark Souls' Homeward Bone item works).

I did read the latter part about branching paths but the whole thing confused me in that it sounded kind of like Dark Souls 3 where there are some minor things to explore around the hub but ultimately, you're warping there from the sculptor's idols.

Anyway, if it's being discussed in a general thread, I'll check that instead.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Once, remembering the first Sekiro leak about character creation and multiplayer, I asked one of the lead managers of multiplayer and he told me, that Activision were the ones who made From Software change their mind and to delete this multiplayer feature and they DID really want to use this "invade as enemy-mob" feature, that they wanted to use in Bloodborne. Told nothing about character creation though."

Source?

This thing was just yet another 4chan rumor that was never confirmed, and no one found anything about this mechanic while datamining Bloodborne IIRC.

Also, dude says game is finished yet proceed to say the start is still WIP.

The game Is kinda finished right now. Right now, everyone works with optimization, checking bugs, filling collision-holes and so on.

The game starts with opening cinematic, but it's WIP, so I can't really tell anything about it.

Sounds like a load of bullshit.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
In the background of one of the new game informer videos you can see someone playing and performance doesn't look great. Screen tearing out the ass too - so inconsistent performance I believe

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I love trophy hunting but I love 60 FPS more. Will go with the Steam version for this one probably.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
i hate it when random internet losers have to spoil all the hard work a company has put into a game.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
A lot of it doesn't match up with the GI information from their latest issue, I've read all of it. So either it's a lot of fake stuff or the person writing didn't have access to current and accurate information.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Fake.

Everything he talks about specifics can be seen from the trailers.
It sounds exactly like someone who never played the game yet he tries to detail his ''leaks''from stuff that's already online like trailers and footage.

Oct 27, 2017
Fake.

Everything he talks about specifics can be seen from the trailers.
It sounds exactly like someone who never played the game yet he tries to detail his ''leaks''from stuff that's already online like trailers and footage.
Exacty my thoughs. It's written in such a way, that reader recognizes lications and enemies from the first e3 trailer ang goes "Oh yes, I've seen it, looks like leak is real!"

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oh shit I was going to read, but end-game spoilers are a no-no so thanks for the warning. We're just 2 months away!