• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/02/...nced-and-released-for-switch-later-this-year/

Investigative sleuth and Nintendo insider Emily Rogers is reporting on Reset Era that Nintendo plans to release a Super Smash Bros title this year for the Nintendo Switch console. The game will be announced this year and will release possibly towards Christmas. Nintendo has apparently added brand new content to the game as well as reworking some of the assets from the existing Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the popular game. Here's what she had to say:

I can only confirm two things:

1. A Smash Bros title will be announced and released for Switch later this year.
2. They added brand new content and re-worked some of the existing Wii U/3DS content.

E3?? Bayo nerf??? Falco buff??

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The irony of you literally taking something that came from Resetera and sourcing somewhere else haha.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want a way to play the superior 3DS stages on a more powerful console (the 3DS version made my hands hurt). If this does that, i'm all in.

Who am I kidding, i'll buy it either way.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be very surprised if neither a Pokemon or Smash Bros. game come to Switch this holiday season. They have to get one or the other out by November.

I'd gladly take an enhanced port with all the DLC and features from the 3DS and Wii U versions crammed into one package with maybe a few extra characters/stages/modes. They don't need to reinvent the wheel here. And I'm sure Sakurai can use the lighter workload.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
It won't happen. No way will Inklings and 10 new characters not happen.

A port would be pointless this late

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
I hope reworked Wii U/3DS content means we pretend Smash Tour never happened and Smash Run gets expanded upon

If it includes all the content from both versions, plus extras, then that would be great. Knowing my luck though they'll treat it as a "Best Of" and include only the stages I hate and keep Smash Tour but not Smash Run

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
My prediction: It's going to be a UMVC3/SSF4 esque re-release of Smash 4 that combines the content from the 3DS/Wii U games while including new characters and stages on top of it all. It will be announced at E3 2018 and will release a few months later in September, to coincide with the launch of the Switch's online service.

Book it.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
THIS IS ALL I NEEDED TO HEAR TO JUMP ON THE SWITCH, JUST ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY NINTENDO.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playable Inklings + Off the Hook and Squid Sister alts and i am consumed by Smash once again!

Rumor wise tho plz be true!
Also bring back adventure/story mode D:

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
If Elma doesn't get in...

nuBWNZM.gif

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
The Bayo controversy in the competitive scene is downright hilarious and downright sad too lol.

Anyways. Would like Smash Switch later honestly just becuase the marketing for 4 was fun. But that marketing doesn't need that much time so bring it I guess.

DarkMagician

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My prediction: It's going to be a UMVC3/SSF4 esque re-release of Smash 4 that combines the content from the 3DS/Wii U games while including new characters and stages on top of it all. It will be announced at E3 2018 and will release a few months later in September, to coincide with the launch of the Switch's online service.

Book it.
Yup, it's for sure releasing alongside Nintendo Switch Online. Probably one of the reasons they hadn't released the game yet.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait to see it whenever it's revealed.

Give me Dixie Kong or give me death.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm OK with it only if after all it's said and done, including the DLC, the roster gets up to 75 characters at least.

Oct 25, 2017
CAPTAIN TOAD

CAPTAIN TOAD

CAPTAIN TOAD

Like yo, add Captain Toad. I haven't really been into Smash lately, but I will buy it if Captain Toad is in it.

Also at least one level based on Odyssey, please.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Era -> Internet -> Era

That said, I'm only really expecting Inkling, Spring Man, Rex/Pyra, & Ice Climbers as the new additions. Maybe a Rhythm Heaven rep & Wolf if we're lucky.

Chacranajxy

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think this would come as much of a surprise to anyone. Regardless, it'd be just dandy to get some actual confirmation. This game is gonna be rad when it does hit.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't know how I feel about yet another re-release when what I really want is just a new Smash game. In most cases I'm fine with WiiU games hitting the Switch - bring all of the good ones over. I just can't shake the feeling this is the only Smash game we'll see on the system.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like an enhanced port rather than Nintendo doing their job and making a new game.

Yep, I'm salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.