• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
for the same reason as Pokemon, they probably want the widest spread for the lowest cost, so that rules out CGI.

Full CGI movie would be significantly cheaper, though, and would probably make a lot of money if it was any good (which is asking for a lot of a Sonic product, but hey...)

didn't that go straight to dvd?

No, it was a theatrical release, but it only happened after Smurfs 2 got disappointing BO, so it'll only happen if say the sequel to this bombs.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If true, having the trailer should help in seeing if the ama movie leak was also true.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Full CGI movie would be significantly cheaper, though, and would probably make a lot of money if it was any good (which is asking for a lot of a Sonic product, but hey...)
they can be significantly cheaper, but I do believe budget was one of the reasons they went with live action. that and turn around time with making the movie. they chose live action for a reason, after all

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"TecChu" is like "Tomb Reboot" and "Latinx"... Stop trying to make them happen, they're not going to happen

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Why can't we get a full CGI Sonic movie instead of this

Seeing Sonic in full CGI in wreck it Ralph awesome and his model was amazing to see

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
33jeXd7.jpg

It says a lot when a script leak this blatantly fake was still too plausible for people to immediately write off.

"Did I do thaaaat?"

Oh, I see what they did there....

Now all they need is a; "And that's NOOO good" quote somewhere, and we're all set.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The trailer has and, I'm not making this shit up, Gangster's Paradise by Coolio as the music track playing in it.
Please let this be real. Between rumors of Sonic flossing and fucking Gangster's Paradise being the trailer score, the Sonic movie could end up being my favorite horrible movie of all time.
Who is this movie for?
Me, someone who enjoys Sonic 06.
(If the trailer is only 50 seconds and was being worked on a few weeks ago, I think this is for SXSW. I can't fucking wait.)
Full CGI movie would be significantly cheaper
Not necessarily. Animated movies have a wide range of possible budgets, just like live-action films. If Paramount aims for extremely high-fidelity CG animation like Pixar and Dreamworks, they would probably spend more than whatever they're spending on the live-action hybrid. If they go cheap like Sony Animation and Illumination films, then it would probably be slightly cheaper, depending on what the budget for this movie is.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
-Humor is "weird", has very buddy cop movie vibes all over it.
-The trailer has and, I'm not making this shit up, Gangster's Paradise by Coolio as the music track playing in it.

Honestly the second part is the closest thing that they've gotten to actually making me think they understand anything about Sonic's character, but the first one inoculates me against any such belief.

Deleted member 3294

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Didn't know that Sonic fans are so desperate for news that they're taking random joke tweets seriously.

Anyway, probably a good thing this is fake, mainly cause of this bit:
-The people who leaked it to him are apparently apart of Trailer Park.
If this leak was real, then it would have meant the leaker outed the person who showed them the trailer and probably would have gotten them to lose their job by doing so.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Gangster's Paradise is actually in the movie then fuck yeah I'm going to see it. In theaters, with as many people as possible.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
Everything about this movie sounds like a trainwreck, but I said the same thing about Detective Pikachu and now it's my most anticipated movie this year. So I'll give ol Sonic a chance.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
They want to copy Detective Pikachu but it might not be as good
Nah, Detective Pikachu has all the makings of a mediocre all-ages crowd pleaser. Whereas the Sonic movie will be so unspeakably bad that it will achieve universal ironic endearment on a level not seen since Dragonball Evolution.

Praised be to Knuckles, for granting us these chuckles.