• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Okay, so here's a rumor from Dreamcastguy, a well known Youtuber who I can vouch for, has connections to many in the gaming industry, also happens to be a great guy. Courtesy of the Spawncast:

Can't link it here, but he said he was shown the full trailer as it was being edited a few weeks ago. Seems to be done, audio was already complete, going by his info.

-Sonic looks bad, but him running around seemed natural to him, at the very least.
-Should be around 50 seconds or so but says it's "meaty".
-The leaks going around are a bad representation of what he looks like in the film, according to him.
-The trailer will not feature Robotnik in any form.
-Focuses on Sonic and Tom riding around Green Hills in Doug's cop car taking care of stuff over town.
-Humor is "weird", has very buddy cop movie vibes all over it.
-The trailer has and, I'm not making this shit up, Gangster's Paradise by Coolio as the music track playing in it.
-The people who leaked it to him are apparently apart of Trailer Park.
-He thinks it should be released very soon.

SEGA has their SXSW Panel this coming Saturday, and the following week after, the Kids Choice Awards (Paramount owns Nickelodeon and they air new trailers for stuff there) is airing on Saturday night, so it could premiere at either of those.

If true, that sure is some trailer...

The Leak is real, as confirmed at Cinemacon:
https://gonintendo.com/stories/3324...hog-movie-trailers-shown-at-cinemacon-trailer

Last edited:

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Gangster's Paradise Is a good song.

Man - I hope this movie sets a new bar for "fucking weird". I'm in.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
-Sonic looks bad, but him running around seemed natural to him, at the very least.
-The leaks going around are a bad representation of what he looks like in the film, according to him.

...does this mean Sonic looks WORSE than what we've seen?

Also the cop's name is Tom, not Doug. And now I'm going to go punish myself for knowing that.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting a mess, but a potentially self aware, fun mess, and am getting excited at the point.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should have used a 2pac song

AB6dt2I.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is something.

I don't know what it is but it's something.

Are Sonic and Eggman the only actually Sonic characters in this?

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Sounds like it might be self aware on how trash the whole concept is and will have fun with it. Now I'm curious.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
...does this mean Sonic looks WORSE than what we've seen?

Also the cop's name is Tom, not Doug. And now I'm going to go punish myself for knowing that.

I think most of the time official promotions always look better than leaks, since it was given context. An out-of-context leaked Detective Pikachu design, for example, would elicit some...strong reaction on the internet, but it was revealed alongside a trailer so people were mostly fine.

Most of the time, though. We'll see about this one lol.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the studio making this movie felt a ton of pressure drop on top of them when the TecChu trailer dropped. The inevitable comparisons is already painting a mental image, and the leaks didn't help

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
-Humor is "weird", has very buddy cop movie vibes all over it.
Another one?
At the same time, both upcoming "risky" adaptations using existing movie patterns for a bit of direction is understandible.
(Even though one has a leg up trough being based on adapting a specific narrative-focused game.)

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I'm curious of Sonic's design in the trailer.

Whether he looked better, the same like in the leaks, or worse, lol.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of Sonic being the sidekick of the human character. Sonic is supposed to be the one with the sidekicks.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I think most of the time official promotions always look better than leaks, since it was given context. An out-of-context leaked Detective Pikachu design, for example, would elicit some...strong reaction on the internet, but it was revealed alongside a trailer so people were mostly fine.

Most of the time, though. We'll see about this one lol.

I might agree with you if not for the fact that they've already released two official promotional posters with equally nightmarish teases of the design.

Megaten

Oct 30, 2017
You know, this is maybe a weird response to this because everyone is apparently the biggest stan to one of the dumbest "major" game characters and we all have "Live and Learn" on our Spotify playlists and can't bear to see a hedgedude having weirder proportions than we envisioned...but I've been incredibly excited about this Sonic film. Everyone's getting weirded out by this unnatural looking Sonic, because fuck I dunno whatever we all have our kinks. I think the (hedge)dude looks like trash but also it's a Sonic film so holy shit so what? I bought Toejam and Earl Panic on Funkotron on the Genesis because it included a pack in fruit roll up because I was a chubby dumb child and now this shit is happening and we're all super fucking above it? Whatever. But I'm a big fan of the Doughboys podcast and "friends of the show" Evan Susser and Van Robichaux have been linked to the film, as well as, ya know, funny guys like Ben Schwartz. It's weird to me that so many genuinely hilarious people, especially in a more modern/subversive style of humor, would be attached to something and yet everyone would totally shit on the project. Like...if you don't know these dudes or whatever, I could see it. But there are names that I'd genuinely say are way too fucking funny to be attached to something as truly stupid as a Sonic feature film, and yet here we are. I'm still weirdly optimistic.

It's just odd that details come out that make people wanna raise an eyebrow and go...oh wait, is this maybe self aware? Like, yes, dude, holy shit, maybe check into a lot of the dudes working on this.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't knew the music by name.

Imagine my surprise when I hit YouTube! That it's one of my favorite hip-hop music's ever.

But I can't imagine a Sonic trailer with this... I can imagine playing with Shadow though.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
You know, this is maybe a weird response to this because everyone is apparently the biggest stan to one of the dumbest "major" game characters and we all have "Live and Learn" on our Spotify playlists and can't bear to see a hedgedude having weirder proportions than we envisioned...but I've been incredibly excited about this Sonic film. Everyone's getting weirded out by this unnatural looking Sonic, because fuck I dunno whatever we all have our kinks. I think the (hedge)dude looks like trash but also it's a Sonic film so holy shit so what? I bought Toejam and Earl Panic on Funkotron on the Genesis because it included a pack in fruit roll up because I was a chubby dumb child and now this shit is happening and we're all super fucking above it? Whatever. But I'm a big fan of the Doughboys podcast and "friends of the show" Evan Susser and Van Robichaux have been linked to the film, as well as, ya know, funny guys like Ben Schwartz. It's weird to me that so many genuinely hilarious people, especially in a more modern/subversive style of humor, would be attached to something and yet everyone would totally shit on the project. Like...if you don't know these dudes or whatever, I could see it. But there are names that I'd genuinely say are way too fucking funny to be attached to something as truly stupid as a Sonic feature film, and yet here we are. I'm still weirdly optimistic.

It's just odd that details come out that make people wanna raise an eyebrow and go...oh wait, is this maybe self aware? Like, yes, dude, holy shit, maybe check into a lot of the dudes working on this.

Is it that unbelievable that Sonic fans would want a movie that is actually based on the Sonic games and not some "self-aware" buddy cop film reboot that just happens to feature the character? There's a reason why video game adaptations almost always flop and Paramount is about to find that out first-hand.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
If true, it seems as if they are aiming for intentionally terrible...