• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Update: An apparent employee from Konami back in January on 4Chan (stick with me here folks, I'll explain later why this is being reported on) says that Sony wants to buy Silent Hill, Castlevania, and Metal Gear from Konami and have Hideo Kojima involved in both Metal Gear and Silent Hill. Everything from the Silent Hill reboot lines up.

Castlevania will apparently receive a full on reboot at Japan Studio in the style of BloodBorne and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Just to tell you how much Sony cares unlike Konami, the Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood PS4 ports were done by Sony Interactive Entertainment's own studios. That should tell you that they are passionate enough to try and get the IP.

Now, why are we reporting on a 4Chan post? Since this information us lining up with information heard from both Rely on Horror and later verified on our end from our own sources, this news dump seems to be actually valid. We anticipate hearing word on this in a post-PS5 reveal world. We are not obviously saying this is going to happen, but it seems like that they are actually trying to give these IPs another chance at prospering.

Sony Interactive Entertainment is working on a pair of Silent Hill titles, according to Rely on Horror.

Konami and Sony Interactive Entertainment are working together on these projects, with the development process looking like this:

• Silent Hill reboot by Japan Studio's Project Siren, the developers behind Siren and Gravity Rush
  • Silent Hills by Kojima Productions, the original developers of the canceled PS4 exclusive.
The report states that Silent Hill has been in development for around a year now and that Keiichiro Toyama and Akira Yamaoka will return to the project.

As for Silent Hills, the Hideo Kojima directed horror title staring Norman Reedus has apparently resumed talks between both Konami and the PlayStation giant and they are looking to be all ready to go.

Jack of All Controllers' own sources close to Sony has also confirmed to us that Konami is actually open to making Silent Hills restart development that it's likely to happen, both games being exclusive to PS5 though. Details are just as scarce as Rely on Horror's, so we aren't really able to add more details besides yes, to our knowledge as well, these games are happening.

Jack of All Controllers - Gaming. All jacked up!

Gaming. All jacked up!

twitter.com

Jacked In Podcast on Twitter

“Update: Sony Interactive Entertainment plans on acquiring the Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Castlevania IPs from Konami. In addition, Hideo Kojima will be involved in both Metal Gear and Silent Hills if they get the rights. https://t.co/vE9uJ2gghC”

Konami Code me if old

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unless Sony gives Konami A LOT of money, why would Konami sell their IPS like that? They are not making games at the same rate that before but Im sure that they still get good money from licenses and releases of old games

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the same source as the Sony developing Silent hill game thread, cuz I just kept ignoring that thing.

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
Would be insane. Keep Metal Gear away from Kojima, let him do new shit.

edit: oh shit they're apparently MG1 and MG2 remakes. Please fucking let this happen holy shit

Alpha eX

Sep 22, 2019
As a PlayStation owner, I hope this isn't true. The last time Sony made a classic franchise (Street Fighter) exclusive, it killed my interest in the game and I missed out for years until I got a PS4.

Timed exclusive, fine.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The source is a random 4chan post

And they are saying that it lines up with what was reported before on the Silent Hill reboots that is currently being covered in this thread

Since this information us lining up with information heard from both Rely on Horror and later verified on our end from our own sources, this news dump seems to be actually valid.

www.resetera.com

Sony rebooting Silent Hill series - Update: Maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dusk Golem has been tweeting about this as well. Konami still owns the IP. Some notable excerpts:

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
This is the best fan fiction of all time

please be real. Sony making a Bloodborne successor with Castlevania would be amazing

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone in the world wants to own those franchises. I'll wait for rumors on that actually happening.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There might be some games in dev but there's no way Konami is letting go of those IPs

Might as well just be "Sony is buying Konami"

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the bit that makes me doubt this the most is Kojima going back on Metal Gear again. He's been trying to get away since MGS2.

Also, I'd rather the three franchises remain multiplatform, even if Konami ain't doing fuck all with them at the moment.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As if Konami would do such a thing when they're protective of their IP. At most Konami would sell a license as they've done in the past.

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Sounds like a fanboy's wet dream to me... But if true it would be awesome to see someone actually do something with these fantastic IP.
I would assume HK would probably not want to work on MGS again, but having him advise with Yoji doing art would be amazing!

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
And they are saying that it lines up with what was reported before on the Silent Hill reboots that is currently being covered in this thread

www.resetera.com

Sony rebooting Silent Hill series - Update: Maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dusk Golem has been tweeting about this as well. Konami still owns the IP. Some notable excerpts:

They're piggybacking on what Dusk Golem has said on Twitter. This has no credibility past that, and saying Konami would sell those 3 IPs is crazy. Maybe a licensing deal like Bayonetta has with Sega and Nintendo, but straight up selling? Lmfao.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I seriously, seriously doubt Hideo would want to head Metal Gear again, he's made it clear countless times that he's wanted away from it.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I'd believe it, even if it weren't outright buying the IPs, then exclusive game-development license for these IPs at the very least.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Shady source

Also licensing deals a la Bayonetta would be more likely. Why would Konami sell its biggest franchises?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this in the weird fan fiction reality where Konami is doing bad financially and is jealous of Capcom?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I HIGHLY doubt Konami would be willing to part with their 3 most high profile IP's but imagine the crazy ass scenario if they actually did get it and then Kojima did a Metal Gear game for Sony. That would be wild. Again.... not likely at all but if you wanna talk about dream scenarios...

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
this is almost certainly fake, but,

Castlevania will apparently receive a full on reboot at Japan Studio in the style of BloodBorne and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

this is the worst part because

a) those are two very different kinds of games, and
b) we already have souls and bloodborne, we don't need castlevania to become those

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm also thinking that Konami are far more likely to license those properties out to Sony that to sell them. I also find it unlikely that all three would be purchased at once, especially given the opportunity cost for Sony's other priorities for development.

Status
Not open for further replies.