• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018

Dusk Golem has been tweeting about this as well. Konami still owns the IP. Some notable excerpts:

Our first source, who we've come to trust well, indicates that Keiichiro Toyama (director and writer of the original 1999 Silent Hill) and Akira Yamaoka (composer for the majority of the franchise) are also returning alongside Masahiro Ito. The trio will helm a "soft reboot" of the Silent Hill series, possibly just called Silent Hill. SIE Japan Studio, which possibly includes team members from "Project Siren," the group behind Siren: Blood Curse for the PlayStation 3, will be behind its development in some capacity (either in full or in part). Our source states that this title has been in the works for about a year. Our second source — which has no connection to the first — was aware of Ito's involvement in a new Silent Hill title and informed us of that information some time ago.

The second Silent Hill title referenced in previous rumors is still being worked out at the moment, but it's looking as if it very well could be Silent Hills, Hideo Kojima's famously canceled title. According to our first source, Sony is working to patch up the relationship between Kojima Productions and Konami in order to resurrect the game due to the amount of buzz and continued demand for it five years after its cancellation; our second source shared this same information with us in the past. We can now report on it with some confidence in its legitimacy.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I'm in, but we keep seeing this rumor pop up every week or so for the last couple of months.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Well yeah this makes sense.

Because they are never making another Gravity Rush game

:(

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
hey sure that'd be dope

maybe mgs isn't dead after all if this is true

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Do it--it's the only way this series gets the budget and love it needs/deserves.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I would love for this to happen. Sony at least would put real effort into the franchise. The more good horror games out there the better.

imbarkus

Oct 25, 2017
Is it... no longer like this for me now?

327e7980a82b5686be8db04758c9c9a4.jpg

GinoFelino

Oct 27, 2017
One of them? Sure. I'd love that and I can believe that.

A project Siren reboot and Silent Hills? Sure, but a damn long shot. A man can dream.

TWO Silent Hill reboots? No fucking way. That's 100% bullshit and wrong.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they release 2 different reboots? Its gotta be one or the other.

Yeah the first one sounds like Siren reboot with original Silent Hill creators.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
This is the best timeline, if we get both Kojima's Silent Hills and a new Team Silent title

Oct 27, 2017
No idea how reliable this website is, so I'd take it with a huge pile of salt (and an appropriate number of tequila shots on the side).

We have a trusted source regarding this news, and another source has corroborated with us that Masahiro Ito (creature designer for the first four titles in the series) is indeed working on a Silent Hill game as previously speculated. These same sources name Sony as the driving force behind bringing the series back (most likely as a PlayStation 5 exclusive, though this is conjecture on our and our sources' part).
Our first source, who we've come to trust well, indicates that Keiichiro Toyama (director and writer of the original 1999 Silent Hill) and Akira Yamaoka (composer for the majority of the franchise) are also returning alongside Masahiro Ito. The trio will helm a "soft reboot" of the Silent Hill series, possibly just called Silent Hill. SIE Japan Studio, which possibly includes team members from "Project Siren," the group behind Siren: Blood Curse for the PlayStation 3, will be behind its development in some capacity (either in full or in part). Our source states that this title has been in the works for about a year. Our second source — which has no connection to the first — was aware of Ito's involvement in a new Silent Hill title and informed us of that information some time ago.
The second Silent Hill title referenced in previous rumors is still being worked out at the moment, but it's looking as if it very well could be Silent Hills, Hideo Kojima's famously canceled title. According to our first source, Sony is working to patch up the relationship between Kojima Productions and Konami in order to resurrect the game due to the amount of buzz and continued demand for it five years after its cancellation; our second source shared this same information with us in the past. We can now report on it with some confidence in its legitimacy.
Source number one goes on to say that the game will even make use of the next-gen PlayStation VR headset for PlayStation 5.

More at the link.

www.relyonhorror.com

Sources: PlayStation Backs Silent Hill Series Reboot & Silent Hills Revival

The fog thins on the future of the Silent Hill franchise with an exclusive news update regarding the future of one of gaming's greatest horror franchises!

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
So I'd be excited as all hell obviously, but I also feel like I've heard this enough times before that I can't help but doubt it.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine if they went the REmake route with the first three Silent Hills hhhhhnnnnggggggg.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No one's even asked if this website is reliable. This is the first time I'm hearing of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.