• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So PS5 event in May will also have Silent Hill shown. Fuck, what a time to be alive. Time to go ahead and play through SH2 for the 247th time, on my launch PS2, no less!(yes, it somehow fucking works).

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018

Why do you do this to us? Goddamn!

So PS5 event in May will also have Silent Hill shown. Fuck, what a time to be alive. Time to go ahead and play through SH2 for the 247th time, on my launch PS2, no less!(yes, it somehow fucking works).

We're definitely getting a next-gen blowout from MS in May, Sony can't be too far behind because they've constantly tried to one-up them. Can't wait to see some next-gen gameplay lol

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doing it with Toyoma is the only way I was ever going to be excited for this.

yessss gawd

please bring back Takayoshi Sato

Oct 27, 2017
For me it's always like this.
005.gif

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
Thanks! Do you believe in the Silent Hill reboot rumors? Seems to line up with current developments at Japan Studio.
I believe it for sure.

Yes, indeed it does. One thing to point out what Shu said in that IGN video is this comment: "Because we have Japanese fans over at PlayStation we have to continue to satisfy, but at the same time we are in this business making games, so we have to be able to recoup the investment whether or not the local market's size is limited"

They have start to realize at Sony they have to start to break Japan Studio out of the niche and make larger projects with their own style that Western developers cannot match.

Bluepoint Games seems to be part of that plan too. Expand Japan Studio's recognition like Nintendo EAD did with Retro Studios. Only focus on Japan Studio IPs. They went from remastering Ico/SOTC and Gravity Rush to remake SOTC and now they seem to reimagine Demon's Souls which is a lot more work than a remake. They have grown as a studio with confidence and it makes sense to acquire them now. They give Japan Studio's IPs their own spin like Retro Studios does with Metroid.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Please be real, please be real, please be real, please be real, please be real, please be real

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Not related to Silent Hill, but I'm also hoping for finally new Ape Escape announcement on the same event...

For the love of God, enough with the 20th anniversary Twitter posts... >_<

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it for sure.

Yes, indeed it does. One thing to point out what Shu said in that IGN video is this comment: "Because we have Japanese fans over at PlayStation we have to continue to satisfy, but at the same time we are in this business making games, so we have to be able to recoup the investment whether or not the local market's size is limited"

They have start to realize at Sony they have to start to break Japan Studio out of the niche and make larger projects with their own style that Western developers cannot match.

Bluepoint Games seems to be part of that plan too. Expand Japan Studio's recognition like Nintendo EAD did with Retro Studios. Only focus on Japan Studio IPs. They went from remastering Ico/SOTC and Gravity Rush to remake SOTC and now they seem to reimagine Demon's Souls which is a lot more work than a remake. They have grown as a studio with confidence and it makes sense to acquire them now. They give Japan Studio's IPs their own spin like Retro Studios does with Metroid.

I hope so. Japan Studio seems like an afterthought for SIE most of the time. Which is ridiculous considering it is their oldest studio in their home country located in a city that should be filled with talent.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it's real my faith in first party Sony is real shaky right now. But man...if we get a new Silent Hill that actually lives up to the original 3...I'll buy a ps5 without hesitation.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
What in the hell, I thought this rumor was shot dead. Now it leads to a potential PS5 game reveal in May, fuck it bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.