• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
What in the hell, I thought this rumor was shot dead. Now it leads to a potential PS5 game reveal in May, fuck it bring it on.
Konami said it wasn't happening, which is what they would say whether it was happening or not, and they were most likely denying the rumors that Sony was buying the IP,, as that was part of the rumors that Konami denied.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
"In my restless dreams,
I see that town.

Silent Hill.

You promised me you'd take me
there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now...
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you...

Waiting for you to
come to see me.

But you never do.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Apropriate sticker I have retrieved, hope (a part of) the rumour is true.

EWTx50JWoAAo6KY

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Naaah.

I mean, it would be a "megaton" in an environment like a forum such a ResetEra.

Silent Hill never sold THAT well to consider a new chapter a "megaton", according to me.

I mean, a Bloodborne 2 announcement would be way more important for Sony.
Shenmue over Silent Hill.....ehhh
Either Shenmue gets demoted from megaton status or Silent Hill gets to join the club XD

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
this whole thread has to be Fake News. i dont believe we are getting a true Silent Hill game on the PS5. ever.

Look at it this way, astro-
This is either true and we are actually getting a Japan Studio Silent Hill for the PS5 *or* this is all a ruse and we will get to sacrifice Katharsis in the cleansing flames of the Wickerman, thus returning glorious bounty to ERA's autumn crops! Win/win!

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Silent Hill is about as big of a deal as Bloodborne to me. It's the premier horror franchise followed by Fatal Frame/Project Zero. I can't wait to see how they show it off, hope it has some cool world bending and morphing.

Oct 28, 2017
Naaah.

I mean, it would be a "megaton" in an environment like a forum such a ResetEra.

Silent Hill never sold THAT well to consider a new chapter a "megaton", according to me.

I mean, a Bloodborne 2 announcement would be way more important for Sony.
I disagree. The original 2 are timeless classics, and the series was popular enough to spawn a wide variety of content, spin-offs, movies etc. A return to form with the original cast would be absolutely massive.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
So for someone who has heard about this now, but isn't 100% sure what is rumoured and what isn't, by reboot, do they mean a remake of Silent Hill 1 or something totally new?

As excited as I am, I am used to complete disappointment past Silent Hill 4.

It seems only Team Silent have ever known how to make one of these games.

Oct 25, 2017
What in the hell, I thought this rumor was shot dead. Now it leads to a potential PS5 game reveal in May, fuck it bring it on.

Rumor is far from dead. Full steam ahead.

So for someone who has heard about this now, but isn't 100% sure what is rumoured and what isn't, by reboot, do they mean a remake of Silent Hill 1 or something totally new?

New game.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
If there's one, Ito will kill him in the beginning, anyway.

I just hate how everything Silent Hill loops back to "we must clone Silent Hill 2".

It's undoubtedly an amazing game, but please, leave it alone.

Unless we're talking taking influences from more generic things like atmosphere, soundtrack, aesthetic, etc.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Ever since Konami cancelled the Silent Hill 5 back in 2005 with its promise of daylight and what-not, and instead outsourced the IP to those Homecoming developers, there's been a gaping void in my soul.

I'm glad to see Ito and Yamaoka back.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
So where we at with this now, the Silent Hill game from Studio Japan is still a thing and we're gonna see it in May?

I dunno, it all seems too good to be true. Especially where Silent Hill is concerned.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017

Completely new, having no connections to any of the past games.

I'd expect a good deal of Siren's DNA to mix in with this new Silent Hill game.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
The second SH movie had Pyramid head, right? that was such a dumbass idea.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
"In my restless dreams,
I see that town.

Silent Hill.

You promised me you'd take me
there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now...
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you...

Waiting for you to
come to see me.

But you never do.
Can someone spoil the ending for me. I never did get through silent hill as a kid, I was too scared, and when you get deep in, the puzzles and stuff overwhelmed me. Did he ever find his wife and what happened to her or did he die from a demon or something lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.