• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Usually I love discussing the logistics of Silent Hill but this debate is dumb. Dead by Daylight is a celebration of horror and what's more of a celebration of Silent Hill than bringing back the school, Pyramid Head and motherfucking Heather Mason? The devs nailed those choices to me.

I know SH3's character model were made with space magic but it is kind of crazy how she looks worse than she was in a PS2 game. They still did a good job though and make her look tired as fuck which I appreciate.

Honestly, as much as I loved Sato's style for SH1 and SH2 characters, whoever designed/modeled the SH3 characters put out such an impressive upgrade on a technical level.
Wish we could have gotten more games/character models by those wizards.
SH4's characters looked pretty good, too- but SH3's... whew!

Last edited:

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
I was following this thread from the shadows because I don't want to be disappointed if this turns out to be fake. But after today, I can't hold the hype anymore! If they announce a new SH game I think I'm going to start crying LOL.

It's been TOO long.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
If this somewhat doesn't end up being true, it will be the biggest gaming trollling ever, for me at least.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
My bad. I saw you mentioned locking the thread twice in the span of a few pages, but you were not that the one that originally suggested it. I see no reason to lock a topic that has very cordial because of one person that has been dealt with.

Nah, I was mainly just addressing that to people who just showed up after the DbD announcement to talk about how everything in this thread was 'toxic,' an 'embarrassment,' etc. that if they thought so just report the thread. It was maybe my too subtle way of saying if they thought it was so bad to leave and go away

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's not great, but I'm currently watching silent hill revelation on Netflix lol.

Its a shame cause the girl does honestly look a lot like heather. And it has some cool moments.

Im just glad silent hill is coming back into relevancy. New movie on the way, this dead by daylight promotion and the reboot for Ps5. Great time for horror fans.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I know it's not great, but I'm currently watching silent hill revelation on Netflix lol.

Its a shame cause the girl does honestly look a lot like heather. And it has some cool moments.

Im just glad silent hill is coming back into relevancy. New movie on the way, this dead by daylight promotion and the reboot for Ps5. Great time for horror fans.
The only good thing about that movie was Heather, and those two cameos at the end. (Murphy and Travis)

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If the whole movie had just been like the climax with Pyramid Head working at a carousel and having Mortal Kombat duels against cenobite rejects, than it would have been the greatest film ever.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Tied with Resident Evil 6 as one of the stupidest Jumping the Shark things in Survival Horror history.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
PH's add ons in DBD are references to the games

zhit2ltsl6151.png

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Question: What happened today that made this thread so active? Anything new? I'm clueless tbh. Lol

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I know I sounds dumb but what is this? A SH spin-off?
Dead By Daylight is a super popular multiplayer horror game that has licensed horror DLC guests up the ass (Freddy, Michael Myers, Leatherface, Ghostface and more). It got Pyramid Head and Heather today.

This doesn't mean that new game isn't happening, though. I mean we don't know 100% if it is, of course. But this doesn't make it any less likely at all. Probably the opposite, if you ask me.

SaneOsprey123

May 7, 2020
So, Suehiro Maruo, that japanese manga artist who teased something related to Konami and Silent Hill(s) back in April just uploaded an Instagram Story sharing this Dead by Daylight thing:

9hkhl4k5k7151.jpg

Does anyone have an idea how he might relate to all this? Maybe a co-artist with Masahiro Ito?
His "we just started" seems suspicious too, or am I missing something? lol

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So, Suehiro Maruo, that japanese manga artist who teased something related to Konami and Silent Hill(s) back in April just uploaded an Instagram Story sharing this Dead by Daylight thing:

9hkhl4k5k7151.jpg

Does anyone have an idea how he might relate to all this? Maybe a co-artist with Masahiro Ito?
His "we just started" seems suspicious too, or am I missing something? lol

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. The last two are atrocious from start to finish.
Some of those RE movies are terrible. As in so bad they're just bad.
I'm certainly not disputing that the Resident Evil movies are terrible. But Silent Hill: Revelation...while I laugh at the Pyrmaid Head and knock-off cenobite showdown, the whole film fails on literally every facet of filmmaking. And not even in a so bad it's good way, aside from the two minute Pyramid Head fight scene.

Also, who is the intended target audience? The film goes out of it's way to retcon and ignore the first movie, so it's not for people who enjoyed the first film. It tries to adapt Silent Hill 3 in way that doesn't explain anything to people who haven't played the games, so it's not for causal movie goers. And for all its attempt to be more accurate to the story of the game, it does a bunch of stuff like making Pyramid Head be Alessa's protector and having a romance story for Heather and Vincent, not to mention completely missing the tone of the games. So I don't think it's really for fans of the games either. It's a movie made for literally no one.

God yes. I don't recall SR having a self insert OC the director made for his wife?
No, but it does have the fanfiction-tier Heather ending up with Vincent who's played by Jon Snow.

Also, it managed to get Sean Bean to give a terrible performance.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm certainly not disputing that the Resident Evil movies are terrible. But Silent Hill: Revelation...while I laugh at the Pyrmaid Head and knock-off cenobite showdown, the whole film fails on literally every facet of filmmaking. And not even in a so bad it's good way, aside from the two minute Pyramid Head fight scene.

Also, who is the intended target audience? The film goes out of it's way to retcon and ignore the first movie, so it's not for people who enjoyed the first film. It tries to adapt Silent Hill 3 in way that doesn't explain anything to people who haven't played the games, so it's not for causal movie goers. And for all its attempt to be more accurate to the story of the game, it does a bunch of stuff like making Pyramid Head be Alessa's protector and having a romance story for Heather and Vincent, not to mention completely missing the tone of the games. So I don't think it's really for fans of the games either. It's a movie made for literally no one.

No, but it does have the fanfiction-tier Heather ending up with Vincent who's played by Jon Snow.

Also, it managed to get Sean Bean to give a terrible performance.

The last couple of RE films completely retcon what happened in the previous ones in completely ridiculous and completely incoherent ways. Have you watched them all? It doesn't seem like you have have.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Not very thrilled about DBD and the SH thing since I don't play or care for multiplayer games myself, but some SH is still better than no SH.

But Heather meeting PH? Nope. Wrong.
I'll never understand takes like this. The town reuses archetypes. It always has. Even then they are never the same, nor do they mean the same thing. Why does everyone meet a nurse of some form, but not a cop or teacher? The town is reusing archetypes. Pyramid head is the executioner archetype. He appears where it fits.

Even then pyramid head to Alex has different meaning and significance (and character design). Same as the town. Same as in game locations recurring. I've never understood why this was egregious and endlessly reoccurring nurses isn't. Why throw away a great piece of design? The town fit an executioner look to fill James desire for self punishment. No reason it can't pick an executioner for someone else who has reason to fear or desire execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.