• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Gimme some links and I'll see what I can do.

Uh, I guess you can just use this post. I can't dig through all of this and find specific posts. I think this will about cover it

For those asking:

Yes, it is true that at one point in time that a representative from the Konami US PR branch denied the rumors of Silent Hill projects as well as the one about Sony buying all of Konami's IPs. However, the poster KatharsisT claims that the soft reboot of Silent Hill being made by Sony Japan as a collaboration between Sony and Konami is still happening. They have provided information to mods that is considered verified and credible. KatharsisT does not know what the plot of the game will be, only that it will be a 'soft reboot' and has been in development since sometime in 2019, and is at least in a state of playable form currently. Again, this is information they provided that mods have verified as reliable. They think that it will be unveiled at Sony's upcoming PS5 reveal event alongside the system, though they do not know that for sure, nor do they know exactly how it will be revealed.

To clarify, this is ONLY about the soft reboot of Silent Hill from Sony Japan that involves several key members of Team Silent as part of the project. The other parts, such as Kojima reviving Silent Hills and Sony buying Konami's IPs are not happening, either being totally bogus or at least not happening anymore.

I think that about covers it. You can use this post, and if you want to edit in other stuff like the RelyOnHorror and VGC mentioned above, you can. I wouldn't, because I think it muddies the waters too much, but I'll let you decide.

Last edited:

Deleted member 66837

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 24, 2020
From Dusk Golem's twitter: "I'm starting to actually feel the hype that we may see an announcement for a new Silent Hill game next month, if everything is true. I believe it, I really do, the evidence I've been shown is very solid, but there is that fear to get hyped up then dissapointed. I also know something most don't that will make the announcement more exciting, if all true. Yet I literally know nothing about it as a game, so I find myself also curious what style and scope they're going for. But regardless guess we'll see sooner than later."

Oct 25, 2017
From Dusk Golem's twitter: "I'm starting to actually feel the hype that we may see an announcement for a new Silent Hill game next month, if everything is true. I believe it, I really do, the evidence I've been shown is very solid, but there is that fear to get hyped up then dissapointed. I also know something most don't that will make the announcement more exciting, if all true. Yet I literally know nothing about it as a game, so I find myself also curious what style and scope they're going for. But regardless guess we'll see sooner than later."

I wonder what he could know that would make the announcement more exciting without actually knowing anything about the game. Can only be someone else that is involved with it?

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Uh, I guess you can just use this post. I can't dig through all of this and find specific posts. I think this will about cover it

For those asking:

Yes, it is true that at one point in time that a representative from the Konami US PR branch denied the rumors of Silent Hill projects as well as the one about Sony buying all of Konami's IPs. However, the poster KatharsisT claims that the soft reboot of Silent Hill being made by Sony Japan as a collaboration between Sony and Konami is still happening. They have provided information to mods that is considered verified and credible. KatharsisT does not know what the plot of the game will be, only that it will be a 'soft reboot' and has been in development since sometime in 2019, and is at least in a state of playable form currently. Again, this is information they provided that mods have verified as reliable. They think that it will be unveiled at Sony's upcoming PS5 reveal event alongside the system, though they do not know that for sure, nor do they know exactly how it will be revealed.

To clarify, this is ONLY about the soft reboot of Silent Hill from Sony Japan that involves several key members of Team Silent as part of the project. The other parts, such as Kojima reviving Silent Hills and Sony buying Konami's IPs are not happening, either being totally bogus or at least not happening anymore.

I think that about covers it. You can use this post, and if you want to edit in other stuff like the RelyOnHorror and VGC mentioned above, you can. I wouldn't, because I think it muddies the waters too much, but I'll let you decide.
Done

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Like pretty much everything Dusk has said about this project since KatharsisT provided their information, that statement is pretty much worthless. He knows something that's going to be really exciting, but he actually knows nothing. Also he believes, but he also doesn't actually know. Like that says literally nothing lol. But it's like when he came in here a day or two with these huge paragraphs to 'clarify' things and then didn't clarify anything. I know people hang on like his every word here, so I'll probably get heat, but honestly if he has something to actually say about it, I wish he'd just say it. Because all I see is him literally saying something, then contradicting himself the next sentence, then just claiming we can't understand because he can't say stuff. It's only teasing if you actually have something to say in the end.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
I can feel it, a new silent hill game exist in our universe...its real...its happening

f969467ab310ccb83990d9d6488b551143806d42_00.gif

Or is it an illusion?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Something big for casuals and SH fans would have to be either Nakamura or like VR. I can't think of anything else besides reboot being a reboot of the trilogy.

I don't think any of that is really friendly to casuals. VR is more for a very niche section of the audience, and a remake/full reboot is only going to mean much to hardcore fans at this point who are waiting for a new entry. I mean, it's like I said above, his stuff is so vague and contradictory, you can't look into anything he says much anymore. Like that shit could mean anything from, 'Has amazing graphics' to 'Plays better than the originals' (which is not hard to do).

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any of that is really friendly to casuals. VR is more for a very niche section of the audience, and a remake/full reboot is only going to mean much to hardcore fans at this point who are waiting for a new entry. I mean, it's like I said above, his stuff is so vague and contradictory, you can't look into anything he says much anymore. Like that shit could mean anything from, 'Has amazing graphics' to 'Plays better than the originals' (which is not hard to do).

Yeah it's a big nothing, but it's encouraging that he is fully on board now.

Deleted member 66837

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Golem: "I seperate this part of the story as all of that is stuff I can 100% verify. The rest I believe & have been shown solid evidence, but
the following I have evidence to believe, but I can't verify the details (but it is from someone who would know & I verified their identity).

So to lay the detaila of this put straight:
-It is developed by Sony Japan Studios & will be PS5 exclusive.
-Toyama is directing, Akira Yaomoka is composing, Masahiro Ito is doing art, various Siren/Gravity Rush devs & some others working on it.
-This has nothing to do with Kojima or Silent Hills, that probably is not happening.
-Sony is NOT buying IPs, that's bullshit.
-The game is NOT a remake, it
is a soft reboot, made so it can be someone's first SH game.
-The game is playable & has a demo that will be shown around after reveal.
-The details of this are not murky, there should be no miscommunication.

Just to lay that all out, if all true (I believe it though)."

Pretty much all we already knew

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yep, that's pretty much everything we know except the part about a demo being shown. But he pretty obviously got the playable part from KatharsisT since they just said that lol, so who knows about that part. Everything else, yep, what we've all been talking about for like the better part of two months.

Yep.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that's pretty much everything we know except the part about a demo being shown. But he pretty obviously got the playable part from KatharsisT since they just said that lol, so who knows about that part. Everything else, yep, what we've all been talking about for like the better part of two months.

Yep.
I'm mainly clarifying things on Twitter as I get asked nearly daily about it.

The exciting detail is not what I listed, it is something Katharsis hasn't shared yet either, but I think it's best saved for the actual reveal than ahead of time.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you know if its a game like SH1 (Cult, Alessa) or SH2 (Personal drama, more about the characters than the city)?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Dusk Golem KatharsisT all I want to know if the reveal gonna happen during the PS5 reveal. The PS5 reval is happening anyway soon, regardless of delays or whatever happens, but if the game reveal gonna be scrapped for later, then I would be very pissed off. But again you both said it's already in playable state, so it means a trailer is far from being ruled out and I bet it's even already cut and edited for the show.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I still don't have enough balls to play horror games, I mean I barely got through Dead Space 1 and 2 and even Resident Evil 3 remake scared me. I will check this out lol

Love the creepy foggy atmosphere in SH games

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

The exciting detail is not what I listed, it is something Katharsis hasn't shared yet either, but I think it's best saved for the actual reveal than ahead of time.

I'll admit, I might be a tad on the grumpy side, just because I'm tired of the excessive teasing everyone seems to do nowadays. Not you specifically, but all Insiders, publishers, journalists, etc. But to be totally honest, I don't really see anything that you've clarified here. I mean, what clarification is it when you say stuff like, 'if this thing I hear is true, it'll be great, but actually I know literally nothing about this game.' I mean, almost every statement you make about this is both super vague, and then contradictory in the next sentence or it's just stuff that's been repeated multiple times. It's like your terrified to make some kind of definitive statement.

How hard is it to just say, 'About the Silent Hill rumor, I've seen some things and I believe the reboot part is legit (Not Kojima/Silent Hills and other Konami IP stuff), but can't be 100%. If it is, I like what I've heard. All I can say about it.'

The only thing I feel you've brought new is this apparent 2018 meeting between Konami and Kojima, but you can't say anything about it or someone will get fired or whatever. Which, okay, fair enough, but then why even bring it into this conversation? If it's not even going to be a thing at this point, what does it do for anything but just muddy the waters? So all we have is a bunch of like half information that no one but you can fully comprehend, so I don't know what clarification is supposed to be here between that and just repeating a bunch of stuff, and then saying a bunch of contradictory stuff?

Dusk Golem KatharsisT all I want to know if the reveal gonna happen during the PS5 reveal. The PS5 reval is happening anyway soon, regardless of delays or whatever happens, but if the game reveal gonna be scrapped for later, then I would be very pissed off. But again you both said it's already in playable state, so it means a trailer is far from being ruled out and I bet it's even already cut and edited for the show.

We just had a threadmark answering all of that lol. Dusk doesn't know. Katharsis thinks it will, but is not 100% sure. So the answer is no one knows for sure.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I never said that. However, what we have been provided gives us reason to believe KatharsisT is extremely reliable on this matter.

??
Stepping in now before it gets derailed:

Staff has verified the information this user has on this subject.
Is it the usual "verified that the user could have access to the information" or did you verify the information itself?
The information itself

You clearly stated that you vetted information about the game existing, not that KatharsisT was an insider who WOULD know info about the game existing. It was a pretty monumental moment in this thread, I recalled you saying that instantly. What's with the backpedal?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Do you know if its a game like SH1 (Cult, Alessa) or SH2 (Personal drama, more about the characters than the city)?

Ot it could be about both like SH4 and what Silent Hills was supposed to be.

They said they don't know any big details about the game... but if I had to guess? Probably mainly like SH1, but with elements informed by what's been learned in the sequels.

Yeah. A soft reboot means a new start and new chapter from the series but without cutting ties to the old ones and linking them somehow even in new settings and timelines; think of Mortal Kombat 9 and GOW PS4.

I have a strong feeling it gonna be now set in Japan, new settings new lore and cult and everything but still tied to US Silent Hill.
Hints are SIE Japan made Siren games, Ito's hints by advising to watch 2 famous Japanese horror movies made by a famous Japanese horror director, the 7780 District in Japan which is called Quiet Hills that inspired both P.T. and its fake studio.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
??

You clearly stated that you vetted information about the game existing, not that KatharsisT was an insider who WOULD know info about the game existing. It was a pretty monumental moment in this thread, I recalled you saying that instantly. What's with the backpedal?
I don't mean to backpedal. I've vetted a lot of people. If I originally said the information, I stick by that. I need to keep better notes :P

Fact of the matter is KatharsisT is very reliable on this subject.

May 26, 2018
Yeah. A soft reboot means a new start and new chapter from the series but without cutting ties to the old ones and linking them somehow even in new settings and timelines; think of Mortal Kombat 9 and GOW PS4.

I have a strong feeling it gonna be now set in Japan, new settings new lore and cult and everything but still tied to US Silent Hill.
Hints are SIE Japan made Siren games, Ito's hints by advising to watch 2 famous Japanese horror movies made by a famous Japanese horror director, the 7780 District in Japan which is called Quiet Hills that inspired both P.T. and its fake studio.

Dusk said it's meant to be for people playing Silent Hill for the first time. If it's real, they won't set it in another town in Japan. It will be Silent Hill, USA. 99.9999% sure on that one.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Dusk said it's meant to be for people playing Silent Hill for the first time. If it's real, they won't set it in another town in Japan. It will be Silent Hill, USA. 99.9999% sure on that one.

Yes. and this is exactly what makes more sense. Making a new setting could be an incentive to make newcomers appreciate it without needing that much knowledge about the old lore and settings. Exactly like the new GOW and other soft reboots.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
??

I swear, I read this three times and have no idea what you're trying to say lol. If he's verifying the information, it's obvious it's coming from someone who knows and has access to the information? I don't see the divide you're making between the two.

I've already played it

Are you sure it was this? Are you sure it wasn't Dino Crisis 3?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit, I might be a tad on the grumpy side, just because I'm tired of the excessive teasing everyone seems to do nowadays. Not you specifically, but all Insiders, publishers, journalists, etc. But to be totally honest, I don't really see anything that you've clarified here. I mean, what clarification is it when you say stuff like, 'if this thing I hear is true, it'll be great, but actually I know literally nothing about this game.' I mean, almost every statement you make about this is both super vague, and then contradictory in the next sentence or it's just stuff that's been repeated multiple times. It's like your terrified to make some kind of definitive statement.

How hard is it to just say, 'About the Silent Hill rumor, I've seen some things and I believe the reboot part is legit (Not Kojima/Silent Hills and other Konami IP stuff), but can't be 100%. If it is, I like what I've heard. All I can say about it.'

The only thing I feel you've brought new is this apparent 2018 meeting between Konami and Kojima, but you can't say anything about it or someone will get fired or whatever. Which, okay, fair enough, but then why even bring it into this conversation? If it's not even going to be a thing at this point, what does it do for anything but just muddy the waters? So all we have is a bunch of like half information that no one but you can fully comprehend, so I don't know what clarification is supposed to be here between that and just repeating a bunch of stuff, and then saying a bunch of contradictory stuff?

We just had a threadmark answering all of that lol. Dusk doesn't know. Katharsis thinks it will, but is not 100% sure. So the answer is no one knows for sure.
Teasing is part of it, there is actual huge problems about being direct for everyone involved. Trust me when I say with this Silent Hill stuff, everyone involved is being as open and direct as they can be here. It literally could not be more direct without some SERIOUS problems and cosequences occurring.

I speak in uncertainties because that's where I'm at. I'm a fan of the franchise too, even if I believe this I don't have a history with this particular source or other people I can ask deeper about it. I try to live honestly and part of being honest is uncertainty. I actually don't think I've ever contradicted anything I've shared here, but maybe I'm not seeing it because my perspective. I repeat things becauae I get asked daily about them; look at the replies to what I tweeted, most didn't know this had nothing to do with Kojima and Silent Hills or the people behind it or it was for PS5. That's the reason I clarify and repeat things.

You're misunderstanding some things. If the rest of this is true, Sony and Konami wanting to get Kojima to do Silent Hills is true. That's NOT fake if the rest of this is true. Its not mixed up or mistaken, if the rest of this is true then Silent Hills was being tossed around for Kojima to direct but its looking like he'll pass on the offer.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
I swear, I read this three times and have no idea what you're trying to say lol. If he's verifying the information, it's obvious it's coming from someone who knows and has access to the information? I don't see the divide you're making between the two.

Transistor was asked way back when if he verified information about the game existing, or if he just verified KatharsisT as an insider who would be in a position to know such information. Transistor just commented that he never said he verified any info of the game existing. That's a pretty big discrepancy, I'm not sure what the confusion is. The difference being: in situation 1, KatharsisT would have provided undeniable proof of the game exisiting, which is what Transistor initially said. In situation 2, it would've been KatharsisT TELLING Transister/the mods that the game is in the works.

larryfox

Apr 27, 2020
How popular is silent hill, I know it matters to gamers on forum, but would it move the needle outside of that?

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I rather not have it leaked it if it's really exciting. Toyama, Yamaoka, and Ito working on a SH game is HYPE already, everything is just huge fucking cherry on top.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Transistor was asked way back when if he verified information about the game existing, or if he just verified KatharsisT as an insider who would be in a position to know such information. Transistor just commented that he never said he verified any info of the game existing. That's a pretty big discrepancy, I'm not sure what the confusion is. The difference being: in situation 1, KatharsisT would have provided undeniable proof of the game exisiting, which is what Transistor initially said. In situation 2, it would've been KatharsisT TELLING Transister/the mods that the game is in the works.

I think you're overthinking the process lol, but either way, it's both of those things now.

Teasing is part of it, there is actual huge problems about being direct for everyone involved. Trust me when I say with this Silent Hill stuff, everyone involved is being as open and direct as they can be here. It literally could not be more direct without some SERIOUS problems and cosequences occurring.

I speak in uncertainties because that's where I'm at. I'm a fan of the franchise too, even if I believe this I don't have a history with this particular source or other people I can ask deeper about it. I try to live honestly and part of being honest is uncertainty. I actually don't think I've ever contradicted anything I've shared here, but maybe I'm not seeing it because my perspective. I repeat things becauae I get asked daily about them; look at the replies to what I tweeted, most didn't know this had nothing to do with Kojima and Silent Hills or the people behind it or it was for PS5. That's the reason I clarify and repeat things.

You're misunderstanding some things. If the rest of this is true, Sony and Konami wanting to get Kojima to do Silent Hills is true. That's NOT fake if the rest of this is true. Its not mixed up or mistaken, if the rest of this is true then Silent Hills was being tossed around for Kojima to direct but its looking like he'll pass on the offer.

I had a big response at one point, but I think at this point I'm just going to walk away from replying to you. It's clear you want to do the whole vague, teasing insider thing and I personally think the way you're doing it here just muddies everything, but most hang on your every word so I imagine it doesn't matter what I say one way or another.

Oct 25, 2017

I thought we were supposed to throw KatharsisT into the sun if it isn't at the PS5 show?!

Status
Not open for further replies.