• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any second, minute, hour, day, month.. any moment now....

giphy.gif

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Thanks - and for real, thank you for being one of the few people actually reaching out asking how I am! :)

Correct, I'm okay and doing very well. But this rumor started some kinda shitstorm against me lol, people starting DMing me on my Twitter and writing to my mail saying all kinds of mean shit. It's fine to not believe me, people don't really have a reason to do so. But I frankly regret making this thread - even though I'm still 100% sure it's on the table and happening. (I still believe we'll see it Tuesday next week) - because people don't have any kind of patience if they believe me, and if they don't believe me they can't just "drop it", they have to go out of their way to be pretty disrespectful about it. (not saying you can't express doubt or that you don't believe me, just don't be an asshole about it)

Decided to drop the website and my social media, because A. it was exhausting, and B. So people can stop saying the regular "he made this to promote his website" (that people STILL talked about the last week when the entire "ban him now instead" thing started, even though I said I've stopped the website)

Advice: Do you have a friend working in the industry. Don't share info, even if you're given a greenlight to do so. :P

I learned that the hard way when my friend had told me that he was testing the online multiplayer of Tomb Raider 2013 but it wasn't officially announced. Sometimes it's best to keep these things amongst your friends and speculate with them. I've never personally understood the whole aura around insiders. It's always more fun when things are a surprise.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
God damn it, change the thread title so that it refers to the date when OP will be banned.

November to February is not VERY SOON :(

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks - and for real, thank you for being one of the few people actually reaching out asking how I am! :)

Correct, I'm okay and doing very well. But this rumor started some kinda shitstorm against me lol, people starting DMing me on my Twitter and writing to my mail saying all kinds of mean shit. It's fine to not believe me, people don't really have a reason to do so. But I frankly regret making this thread - even though I'm still 100% sure it's on the table and happening. (I still believe we'll see it Tuesday next week) - because people don't have any kind of patience if they believe me, and if they don't believe me they can't just "drop it", they have to go out of their way to be pretty disrespectful about it. (not saying you can't express doubt or that you don't believe me, just don't be an asshole about it)

Decided to drop the website and my social media, because A. it was exhausting, and B. So people can stop saying the regular "he made this to promote his website" (that people STILL talked about the last week when the entire "ban him now instead" thing started, even though I said I've stopped the website)

Advice: Do you have a friend working in the industry. Don't share info, even if you're given a greenlight to do so. :P

Haven't been keeping too up to date on the thread, but sorry to hear about that. Hope you're able to carry on and do fun stuff in the future, whether it's videogame related or something else.

It does make me wonder whether the videogame insider gig has been worthwhile for people who have done it before. I remember when Laura Kate Dale got harrassed for sharing information on the PS4 Slim which was shortly announced after she showed it off, and later when she talked about Mario Vs Rabbids but got the official announcement date wrong (Not the game itself, but just the date it was shown off).

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
The only Metal Gear game that needs or deserves a remake is the very original Metal Gear from the MSX. I'd love to experience that story again with modern visuals and storytelling techniques. It was a far more serious game (didn't have too much of the later Kojima idiosyncrasies) than the later entries were, and I think BluePoint could do a fantastic job with that. We already had a Metal Gear Solid remake / reimagining. We don't need another one.

Also, I agree. The OP shouldn't be banned, especially after getting constant harassment online from a bunch of losers.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I'm still kina puzzled why this thread needed to be made. Before this, we knew Sony would likely partner or buy BP down the line. I guess to know when is exciting but it's really not.

Now if you said "Sony will announce the acquisition of Square Enix by end of March 2021" shit would be lit and it would def call for a tougher action on OP. But this "rumor" whatever is a not that exciting.

I guess I'm looking for more. Maybe the announcement they have 2 internal teams now working on multiple projects? Maybe confirm MGS is in the works?

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Yo fuck this stupid ass ban. Mods this thread is hella toxic lock it. Bluepoint is basically a Sony studio already it's inevitable whether it happens Feb or not. This kind of shit is so fucking childish and doesn't belong on the type of forum this is trying to be.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Still doesn't change the fact that banning is unnecessary considering how many others claim to have inside information but keep being wrong time and time again and still have their accounts.
Why even open a thread if you have no concrete evidence about the rumor you're starting? We should not reward this kind of behavior.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Reward? It ain't that serious. I don't see what OP is doing as more deserving of a ban than the other shit I see on this forum especially since plans change.
No one pushed OP to make this bet. What I'm saying is that Bluepoint being bought by Sony wouldn't be a surprise at all considering they have been making Sony remakes in the past decade, so basically anybody could've opened this thread with no real proof.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Reward? It ain't that serious. I don't see what OP is doing as more deserving of a ban than the other shit I see on this forum especially since plans change.

We know about COVID for a year now, the whole "plans change" thing can't be used an excuse when we know the plans are going to change and you shouldn't make a claim like this.

He wanted to make a thread, he wanted the attention and he played with the rules, if nothing happens he asked to be banned, no one forced him.

I love how people are going in defense of OP when he is the one who made everything.

Excusing this one is going to set a bad precedent and every user can as well claim to have inside info, make threads and not being banned because "plans change" or "something happened".

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I wish all insider talk on Era was banned to be honest. Nothing like a thread going out the window when someone with unsubstantiated claims shows up and says "oh X is totally happening" and yet it somehow never pans out. Then again it doesnt help that other users just blindly trust some of this stuff even when it seems like a stretch at best, and blatantly fake at worst. The Silent Hill crap is a prime example, its been almost a year now and its still "just wait, you'll see!". The whole "Grinch leak" from a few years back is another great example, with a silly blurry pic being all some needed to decide its legit and yelled down anyone that dared say otherwise (boy they looked stupid when of course it proved fake). Then again, when it comes to some games (cough Yakuza) it just takes a couple of screenshots from a modding discord for people here to believe silly "leaks" so I don't know what to say.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
No one pushed OP to make this bet. What I'm saying is that Bluepoint being bought by Sony wouldn't be a surprise at all considering they have been making Sony remakes in the past decade, so basically anybody could've opened this thread with no real proof.
Making silly bets is a part of forum culture as far as I'm concerned. Mods said he had sources at least, maybe he shouldn't have made a bet but I still think it aint that serious that a ban is warranted.
I wish all insider talk on Era was banned to be honest. Nothing like a thread going out the window when someone with unsubstantiated claims shows up and says "oh X is totally happening" and yet it somehow never pans out. Then again it doesnt help that other users just blindly trust some of this stuff even when it seems like a stretch at best, and blatantly fake at worst. The Silent Hill crap is a prime example, its been almost a year now and its still "just wait, you'll see!". The whole "Grinch leak" from a few years back is another great example, with a silly blurry pic being all some needed to decide its legit and yelled down anyone that dared say otherwise (boy they looked stupid when of course it proved fake). Then again, when it comes to some games (cough Yakuza) it just takes a couple of screenshots from a modding discord for people here to believe silly "leaks" so I don't know what to say.
I don't know why insiders even still come to Era especially since depending on what you give info on, you get shit on by a particular base.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Ban bets are stupid and so are this kind of threads. Neither one should be allowed, and OP shouldn't be banned. It really is so childish.

OP
OP
MarsipanRumpan
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Oh my fucking god I'm so tired of this. I'M GOING TO GET BANNED BY MARCH 1ST IF IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. Stop debating this, if you don't believe me. Fine, please don't do that. If you do believe me, fine, please do that.

Yes I should've never made this thread, since some of you think it's the worst thing to ever happen on this forum. Trust me, I regret it.

At this point I'll ask for a selfban when it happen, because it's very obvious that people despise me and this thread even if this turns out to be true.

all of these "playing with fire", "he made the deal" things, wth are y'all talking about

Transistor feel free to lock the thread or ban me now, the people obviously can't handle waiting or just saying "I don't believe this" and leave the thread. I was hoping to wait for the 23rd when I last heard it was supposed to be announced and if it wasn't I would answer some questions, etc, before being banned. If you ban me, you don't even have to bother unbanning me when it happen. I feel done at this point

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
It was and still be true, but someone else Come in to try to buy them ( EA, tencent, Microsoft ) , and it take More Time to Sony since they are still in négociation.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
Oh my fucking god I'm so tired of this. I'M GOING TO GET BANNED BY MARCH 1ST IF IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. Stop debating this, if you don't believe me. Fine, please don't do that. If you do believe me, fine, please do that.

Yes I should've never made this thread, since some of you think it's the worst thing to ever happen on this forum. Trust me, I regret it.

At this point I'll ask for a selfban when it happen, because it's very obvious that people despise me and this thread even if this turns out to be true.

all of these "playing with fire", "he made the deal" things, wth are y'all talking about

Transistor feel free to lock the thread or ban me now, the people obviously can't handle waiting or just saying "I don't believe this" and leave the thread. I was hoping to wait for the 23rd when I last heard it was supposed to be announced and if it wasn't I would answer some questions, etc, before being banned. If you ban me, you don't even have to bother unbanning me when it happen. I feel done at this point

Mate, don't listen those people: there are too many childs on this community. Try to do what you think Is Better for you. If your source said you february 23th as the "date for the announcement" we'll waiting for this but i don't see a single good reason to ban a guy only for this.
I can't open XBOX threads anymore because moderators blocked me but my threads were Always been a good Place to discuss about Xbox . There are some people to find funny create a console wars in every threads and OP Will Always be a target.
Don't listen them and carry on.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

Not everyone is asking for you to be banned, cant say how many are going one way or the other but at least for the sake of those pulling for you, you should reconsider.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you guys maybe chill?

It will happen if it happens. No need to be this impatient.

Why the heck is ban betting even allowed on this forum? And why the heck can't you guys wait?

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who will be next to make a xxxx studio will be brought by xxxx publisher for some clout and then get rewarded by the mods with a fancy tag.

What a terrible think to allow on the site, unless they are a proven professional in the industry this sort of behavior shouldn't be promoted here.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
I think Bluepoint will happen sooner or later. Will it happen in February? No, I don't think so. Betting on dates for deals like these is risky and a waste of time because there are so many variables to consider.

As for the ban bet, OP made the terms themselves but I think the mods should not ban them, it would give a lesson to the whole forum that ban betting is childish and unnecessary behavior. This is a forum where discussion is encouraged and banning people for the silliest reasons won't help that discussion. Plus, it's video games we are talking about after all and I'm sure OP will end up being right eventually.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Enough is enough with the hostilities. It's ridiculous, childish, and there is absolutely zero need for it. I'm not transistor, nor did I have anything to do with setting up this bet but in the meantime I'm locking this thread of my own will until Transistor is online again and free to make a comment if they do chose to.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
First off, I want to say how disappointed in this community I am. The amount of hostility in this thread is unwarranted. This community needs to be better about how it treats one another.

As for MarsipanRumpan, he's not going to get banned, so chill the fuck out. There's been smoke from multiple sources about Bluepoint being acquired by Sony, so it's pretty much going to happen, it's just a matter of when. I had faith enough that it was going to happen so I would never have to ban them in the first place. I don't like actual ban bets and don't tend to entertain them.

Now, let's talk about how insiders are treated around here. It's disgusting, to say the least. One wrong thing and some of y'all treat them like they're the damn devil. Guess what? Plans change, sources might have heard something wrong, or the fact that we're in the biggest pandemic in the last 100 years. That shit tends to delay things. So yeah, things are up in the air more than ever. That doesn't give y'all an excuse to be jerks about it. I get it, this is a video game forum. We're all passionate about it. But that doesn't mean we need to get so hostile and attack one another, right? Take a breath every now and then.

On that note, since things have been clearly affected by the pandemic, we're being more strict with insiders. I'm not going to go into our processes and procedures on how we do things, so don't ask, but we don't approve anything be posted that we haven't seen significant evidence for. With things being so hinky right now, we're needing more evidence before insider stuff gets posted.

So, everyone calm down. Marsipan ain't getting banned. Y'all are gonna stop being at each other's throats every damn second, and we're all gonna play nice, or else you're getting put into time out. Got it? Good.

Transistor out.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Bluepoint was already own by Sony.

might have just been a Next Level Games situation and assumed as much

Status
Not open for further replies.