• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

would you rather sony be at E3 or holding their own PSX?

• E3

Votes: 1,060 45.4%
  • PSX

Votes: 1,274 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
They can do anything they do at E3 at their own PSX plus guarantee that the spotlight is only on them. I don't really care either way personally, as long as they keep delivering first party games of the same outstanding quality as they have this gen. The games will play the same regardless of where they are announced.

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
FickleImpoliteBeardeddragon-size_restricted.gif

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they do a much tighter reveal to release window.

Like they dont hold the big reveal until after e3 but they go BIG with that reveal.

Wasnt the Nintendo switch revealed 3 months before it released? I'm thinking similar to that.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
I love E3 and watch all the conferences. Be a huge shame if that went away. But I can understand why big companies are slowly realising that sharing the hype just dilutes it.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I don't know that I care if the content is the same. I'm going to be watching online as a best case scenario either way not there in person.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yes they are copying Nintendo Directs and doing them x10 worse in terms of pacing, presentation and content. Third party games are the highlight of those shows which I don't think is the intent.
The majority of games people play on MS or Sony consoles are 3rd party games. Of course these games deserve a large focus during Sony and MS presentations.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
E3 still has it's place for 3rd party, and the other two console makers.

Oh Stadia too, don't forget Stadia. They even start with a S so that can fit right in.

I hope Sony has an event soon, actually I can wait until August, I'm not buying a PS5 right away but I'm curious what next gen games will be like. What that game design based around a super fast SSD afforded.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Why should Sony bring eyes to this event when xbox will be there. Avoid it and do a show later after MS have showed their hand.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
The bigger question is.....Will a big boy slip?

😁

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I just realized, they are probably not going to reveal the look and price until after Microsoft already reveal price at E3....

Meeting may mirror PS4 Meeting, where they just talk about the possibilities that the new hardware will bring, the idea behind picking the parts they did, and what their goals will be. Mark Cerny will tell us to put on headphones and ASMR us to sleep showing off what 3D audio is goodfor.

Nov 11, 2017
Them having an event for PS5 is exciting. Putting out something like a State of Play near E3 where MS will pretty much have a huge show along with Nintendo (which is the format they are copying) won't be the best idea imo. Their SoP's are executed so poorly, I really hope they re-work the format on those.
I know you're going to get quoted to hell for this but I think personally both SOPs and inside xbox are garbage tier compared to Directs. Directs are much better executed

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
I hope Sony holds a PSX this summer for a big PS5 blowout but in NYC instead of Cali.
you know what I honestly would like it if the big 3 just did their own massive show in the summer, maybe like 2 weeks apart or so, doesn't keep the conferences too close so attention will be on that company for a bit but it keeps all fans interested, doubt it would work that way but it would be cool

Nov 14, 2017
E3 just isn't the same without Sony there, meh.. I'll still watch it like last year obviously. At least, Xbox conference is getting better IMO.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think this says way more about E3 than it does Sony. Schreier is absolutely spot on about the state of the show, and why would Sony return to an event in even worse shape than they left it?

Status
Not open for further replies.