• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

would you rather sony be at E3 or holding their own PSX?

• E3

Votes: 1,060 45.4%
  • PSX

Votes: 1,274 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
lol they'll be there to see the PS5 reveal wherever it's announced, all of them.

Nah, they big press will be there obviously but not every single journalist who would have attended E3 will be there. E3 is unique in that all the game companies are in a single place so spending money on the trip is justified. Not every small publication or blogger is going to be able to attend whatever event Sony have.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honest question, does Sony still have anyone with enough charisma that can host a conference like Jack, Shawn, Adam, etc?

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I believe E3 doesnt make much sense to Sony, MS or Nintendo, since they can host their own show and have the spotlight on them

But I wonder about third party? If E3 ends, would they also host their own shows separately?

The good thing about it is that we would have more announcements throughout the year, instead of an avalanche of announcements in the spam of a few days

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not yet but there's something going on. Playstation twitter is really quiet it usually isn't the case (at least it hasn't been in the last few days).

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing while looking at their feed. Typically they tweet 5+ times a day and there's nothing at all today so far. Something's up for sure.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Bummer. E3 used to be THE event. An own Xbox / Sony conference just doesn't have the same feeling.

What sucks is that smaller games and PC will suffer.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
What difference does it make if Sony does a stage presentation in front of a hyped crowd at E3 or at their own event? Outside of nostalgia goggles, I've seen little justification in this thread on why it needs to be an E3 thing. We(gamers) are so weird sometimes.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I get we're all nostalgic for E3, but with how shaky the ESA is running things I don't blame anyone wanting to get away from it.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a bummer. I enjoy E3 as Gaming Christmas and their absence diminishes that. It's a bigger loss for E3 than it is Sony though.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I hope E3 goes away, mostly because the ESA is a horrible organization. They've done exactly nothing about shitty microtransactions, they did nothing until they were forced by the government to add ratings back in the day, and doxxing of journalists was just a cherry on top of a shit sundae.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think Sony would skip E3 again just because of the PS5. On the other hand, I don't mind Sony doing their own thing. I think the magic of E3 is just everyone being together but if everybody does their own thing outside of E3 at the same time then it will have the same affect.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, E3 is a shadow of its former self now. EA, Nintendo and Sony technically all no longer present in the same way, and even Microsoft's conferences are actually held in their own seperate building.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Shall we do both? Generally there's a lot of games to showcase, slightly more than usual with indies going into time slots.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
If E3 is continually fragmented like this, that really sucks for smaller publications that cant make all of those additional trips. E3 was THE show to get into. They really should change it back to press only. Or maybe a single public day.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
If they make their own live event then I don't care.

A recorded video can't replicate the epicness of that God of War reveal.

This sums it up for me. I don't care if it's at E3 or PSX or something standalone. I like when they do these live takes and have developers come up and express their passion for their games.

I love the Direct style SoP, but I hope we still get these other real time staged events. Adds to the hype!

STech

Sep 24, 2018
E3 died some years ago.
Sony would be smart to move out from there and make their own conference apart.

Btw, when Sony was taking part of the E3, the most interesting part was when they were announcing games before the conference...

Aug 26, 2019
Me rn

ba7o0.jpg

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The nostalgia loving kid in me wants them to be at E3. I love the E3s of old. But do we really need it anymore? E3 is pretty much dying. So I guess I wouldn't mind.
They should focus on their own epic events. If this is something else instead of E3 then that's fine.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
At least we have all our E3 memories from the past 24 years.

But I will say, if there was EVER a time for a new console manufacturer to enter the field...now's the time to get on that stage. 😁

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
The last thing I'll remember from a Sony E3 is going to be a white dude in a rice hat playing a flute. Hilarious.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I like having a single timeframe where a lot of companies coordinate to present stuff, but it doesn't need to be E3.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's not like they really need the exposure at this point as it worked just as well for them as of last year. Sucks to see E3 slowly dying at this point with Sony leaving though I have to admit (if true).

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the stages of grief again?
There are five stages to grief, which are denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. And right now, out here, you're all denying the fact that you're sad; and that's hard, and it's making you all angry. And it is my job to get you all the way through to acceptance, and, if not acceptance, then just depression. If I can get you depressed, then I'll have done my job.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I legit would have put money 2 years ago when they said MS was doing their own place that they were just going to put all the games on Mixer and use the controller share thing so people could play new game demos

Now xCloud exists..

It would be the ultimate test of their service, but also a huge pee-pee moment if it worked

Dec 28, 2017
E3 was a big event for everyone who wasn't there. People around the world were interested in that event. Now Sony wants something different and i think will be a huge mistake. Being cozy with streamers and youtubers is not the future of gaming.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The last thing I'll remember from a Sony E3 is going to be a white dude in a rice hat playing a flute. Hilarious.
That entire fiasco was so dumb honestly. The guy (Cornelius Boots) is actually a master of the shakuhachi flute. I found that out after the fact but his performance was pretty cool not gonna lie. A lot of people showed their ass that day lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.