• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

would you rather sony be at E3 or holding their own PSX?

• E3

Votes: 1,060 45.4%
  • PSX

Votes: 1,274 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm fine with this. Companies can host their own events and I'll still enjoy watching.

Having a physical audience also adds nothing to me watching a stream at home. Nintendo's pre-recorded approach actually works best and when they went away from that during the Switch blowout event it was, unsurprisingly, their least polished show in years.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
awesome ...
The lines will be so much better

I wonder why though... they have plenty to talk about this year... last year they didn't

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
The direct video livestream format has proven to be better than overly grandiose, awkward presentations that go on for up to two hours as time has gone on.

If they opt to do their own show for PS5, features, launch lineup etc then that would be 10x better than E3 stuff.
How so? Live shows have been amazing the last 5 years or so. Nintendo Direct proved that format could work. But they dont even come close to the best E3 conferences we have had. And State of Plays are boring.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Isn't E3 in the middle of June? I think that's far too late to announce a new console, that's coming in October/November.
They should have their own thing sooner than that. March or April.

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
bummer that E3 is basically going away but exciting if they bring back a PSX style event - those are always fun.

less so if it's just SoPs from here on but whatever.

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
If they also announce they're doing dedicated events in February and June/July I'm all for it.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Do you work for wired?

I might. But that aside, seems their communication has been effective from my understanding. Those 2 Wired news articles generated plenty of buzz, Ghost of Tsushima trailer was a big hit, and the TLoU2 preview event gave the game the proper spotlight. And a Logo of all things somehow broke the like record from game's company on Instagram. And Godfall was given decent hype for a semi indie title. All and all I'd say their communication has been good and they're saving the best of what they have for later as they should

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is exciting. If they will really announce this today then it probably also means they will announce the PS5 meeting.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Annoying. Not that i've been able to watch it live anyway because of the EU timeslot, but i could still watch it after work.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i gotta say, if you would have asked me 2 years ago who i think would leave E3 first (and i mean completely leave it, not like nintendo who dont hold a press conference there but still have tree house, their booth etc.), i definitely wouldnt have said sony.
but now that they arent bound by an event in california, how about you give europe decent watch hours.

Abu_Ibrah!

Apr 22, 2018
I always imagined E3 being the biggest gaming event where everyone shows off their new toys and Microsoft vs Sony competition. Will certainly lose that excitement factor if true.

I hate how they didnt show up last year. My friends and I always gather around and watch all the preshows and conferences non stop until it ends.

Meh

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
D2284905DBAA16136F7F2414D31290D1A1E4DE20
Ho Ho Ho Ho HO!

This was what I wanted.

ONE Massive PSX with a conference and SoPs through out the year is the new way

embrace the new era

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't E3 in the middle of June? I think that's far too late to announce a new console, that's coming in October/November.
They should have their own thing sooner than that. March or April.

In 2013 they did both. They had one event in February where they did the initial PS4 announcement, and then they saved the final details (price, look of the box, etc) for E3. Maybe they want to do both earlier this time around in one combined event. Would be fine by me.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
They're releasing PS5 this holiday. Really doubtful that they won't have some kind of event or news cycle at the halfway point in the year around when E3 is.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Imo sad. :( E3 has always been this big event I was really looking forward to each year, kinda like a second Christmas. Since Nintendo and Sony have mostly withdrawn it just isn't the same anymore. Sony completely withdrawing is the nail in the coffin, because their events were always the biggest and most exciting ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.