• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

would you rather sony be at E3 or holding their own PSX?

• E3

Votes: 1,060 45.4%
  • PSX

Votes: 1,274 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
I still remember when there were 50 pages threads on the floorplan sizes for MS at E3 show floor. How it was some sort of signal for MS doom? lol

Ajax125

Nov 15, 2017
giphy.gif
It doesn't get much better than this lol

But 2 years in a row.....Jesus sony. Now you're just trying to kill E3.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
That entire fiasco was so dumb honestly. The guy (Cornelius Boots) is actually a master of the shakuhachi flute. I found that out after the fact but his performance was pretty cool not gonna lie. A lot of people showed their ass that day lol.

They still are, to this day, apparently.

Oct 27, 2017
E3 used to be fun before all the console war stuff started getting banned and companies started playing nice on social media. We had some of the most glorious threads that I could spend a whole night reading. I'm not even a console warrior, but it was still fun watching people create all the gifs and the people who take it seriously go at it. It was childish but also harmless. Now it's just whatever.

All I can say is this. I tuned into E3 for video games, not the other way around. If E3 crashes and burns, I really don't care. I'd honestly prefer these companies all hold separate events throughout the year instead of one massive one. Gives me more things to be excited about instead of just waiting for E3 to roll around.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
If Sony does indeed confirm they are not going to attend. It's probably reasonable to assume they will skip future E3s for now on. MS will be the only platform holder to hold a pree3 conference. Hope MS keeps carrying the fire.
Flame.jpg

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I contend E3 isn't FOR the press, or the industry devs and analysts. I understand that is its roots but to me, E3 is for us fans at this point. For people who are lucky enough to be able to go and for forum goers who are really passionate about the industry. I hate the idea of getting rid of it. It's a mecca of gaming. It's a celebration. I want everybody to be at the party as a fan. For people like Mat, for devs that are stressed, it's a job. I get it, they'd like to be able to skip. But, again, it isn't for them.

I will be sad to see E3 go, if it eventually comes to that.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
E3 was like Christmas in June for videogame fans. Disappointing to see its demise. Everyone having their own separate events doesn't have the same energy.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
E3 was really cool in the 90s and early 2000s when the internet wasn't so wide spread. I'm not really that torn up. There's pax, psx, German and French game shows, Tokyo conference.

Nintendo has been doing directs for years and ps tried it out in the fall with tlou 2 trailer at the end. ESA is not a good or consumer centric group and they haven't put the groundwork or focus into e3 for awhile

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
E3 used to be fun before all the console war stuff started getting banned and companies started playing nice on social media. We had some of the most glorious threads that I could spend a whole night reading. I'm not even a console warrior, but it was still fun watching people create all the gifs and the people who take it seriously go at it. It was childish but also harmless. Now it's just whatever.

All I can say is this. I tuned into E3 for video games, not the other way around. If E3 crashes and burns, I really don't care. I'd honestly prefer these companies all hold separate events throughout the year instead of one massive one. Gives me more things to be excited about instead of just waiting for E3 to roll around.

Not gonna lie, I would love if the Mods allowed an "all things go" Console War OT, just so everyone has a place to purge lol. It does make for some comedic relief

Oct 25, 2017
If they're going to still have an event near the time, it doesn't really matter. When EA and Nintendo stopped doing E3 conferences they still put up an event at a time nearby, so you still have the avalanche of video games at the beginning of June.

Biggest problem with Sony leaving last year was that there was no replacement event. It's a shame if they leave that one week of June entirely behind.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
E3 is nothing more than a total cringefest anyway
If they'd only skip the musical numbers and awkward celebrity/influencers talking nonsense on stage it'd be much more bearable IMO. Personally I like the "game 1 trailer, game 1 short demo, game 2 trailer, game 2 short demo, etc." approach.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I miss the hype trains, those were the days...

I will always miss that. Nintendo direct was the right choice and all, but losing them doing one big show for the year was a big blow. We still had the big 2 in MSFT and Sony. The thing about e3 is these companies would gather up all their megatons and drop them at once. It doesn't really make sense given how long it takes for games to come out and the release schedules, not to mention most games have DLC or updates coming out that make a big difference so they need to be updated throughout the year now.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Hearing E3 is dead is funny to me since as a Nintendo fan, it has never been more fun thanks to Treehouse which last for three days. Before, E3 became boring after the conferences.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I'm totally okay with E3 ceasing to exist in favor of individual platform holder livestreams/events.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Well with nintendo doing there own Direct, Sony skipping out, guess MS will have there own Xbox World event to showcase Xbox games and such

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will always miss that. Nintendo direct was the right choice and all, but losing them doing one big show for the year was a big blow. We still had the big 2 in MSFT and Sony. The thing about e3 is these companies would gather up all their megatons and drop them at once. It doesn't really make sense given how long it takes for games to come out and the release schedules, not to mention most games have DLC or updates coming out that make a big difference so they need to be updated throughout the year now.
I dont get why hype trains are banned, they were just fun and i dont remember them hurting anyone or promoting negativity

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
its sony. if there is news, it will be in the middle of the night for europeans. so probably in 4 hours from now.

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
Good. E3 is dead. Others should follow suit and do their own thing, arguably with more of a budget not having to pay for E3 space.

Status
Not open for further replies.