• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

would you rather sony be at E3 or holding their own PSX?

• E3

Votes: 1,060 45.4%
  • PSX

Votes: 1,274 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
This is gonna be a thing every hour on the clock now isn't it?
Reset
tumblr_inline_o3hhcxtjht1slwuw5_500.gif

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
I contend E3 isn't FOR the press, or the industry devs and analysts. I understand that is its roots but to me, E3 is for us fans at this point. For people who are lucky enough to be able to go and for forum goers who are really passionate about the industry. I hate the idea of getting rid of it. It's a mecca of gaming. It's a celebration. I want everybody to be at the party as a fan. For people like Mat, for devs that are stressed, it's a job. I get it, they'd like to be able to skip. But, again, it isn't for them.

I will be sad to see E3 go, if it eventually comes to that.
That's similar to how I feel as well. Every year for many years now I free up my schedule for several days, stock up on beer and food, make bets with my family, discuss what we've seen afterwards. I don't cherish the idea of it dissapearing at all. If the L.A. Convention Center has to go together with the show-floor - so be it, but can we at least have all the big players come out with what they've got at the same time? I personally don't care about Sony having their thing one month, then someone else two weeks later, then some one else another month. For me it won't be nearly as exciting or entertaining. I like what Nintendo does. Have a presentation and then have days to actually show the games. Ubisoft has a conference and then also showcase their games for days. And it's all on the same dates, just different hours. If E3 (not an ESA run event) is gone is gone, I'll just loose one of my favorite holidays. And yes, for me, E3 is a holiday.

Aug 26, 2019
Layden obviously intercepted the blogpost before it went up, they're scrambling to find another medium to announce it. Someone keep an eye on Tik Tok

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Sony Direct to become a thing. Nintendo owning the news for 11 months of a year is something they want to be in on. Question is, where does this leave Microsoft? In the dark most of the year?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sony Direct to become a thing. Nintendo owning the news for 11 months of a year is something they want to be in on. Question is, where does this leave Microsoft? In the dark most of the year?
Microsoft does Inside Xbox to drop minor stuff once a month but they clearly prefer to rally around E3 and X0 for the big announcements.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
2 out of the big 3 being out is a huge blow to E3. Not sure if the big 3 companies need E3 anymore tbh. It will pretty much mean that it's ded.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
nothing is gonna happen.

sony just likes fucking with us cuz they know they can.

e3 is cancelled. PS5 is cancelled.

barksi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember Zhuge ever being wrong with his teasers. That being said, everything can change, in the last minute even. But I still think the info is on it's way.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Just a hunch but I'm starting to think PS5 really will be unveiled by form of a perfectly choreographed and edited video, rather than a live event. Like Nintendo Switch was.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell do people NOT want Sony at E3? Party poopers or just fanboys clamoring to the agenda of defending their company of choice till death?

Status
Not open for further replies.