• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

would you rather sony be at E3 or holding their own PSX?

• E3

Votes: 1,060 45.4%
  • PSX

Votes: 1,274 54.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't expect this to be true. And I thought this year would be the best year in gaming.

Last edited:

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif
Dude relax 😂. Ps what is this gif called?

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Skip the middleman. WIth the advent of internet streaming, it's so easy to bring a huge spectacle from your own PR source. It works for Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Nintendo. SO naturally of course Sony is jumping on especially after positive reception from their PSX conferences.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Same. I know the curtain was pulled back eventually, but the CBOAT era will never be replicated lol

2013 was such a wreck for the Xbox brand in general. The insiders on the old forum definitely peeled back layers that I am sure Microsoft wanted to keep under wraps. I just remembered that it mostly started with Microsoft themselves, before the Xbox One was even announced, thanks to the always online remarks by Adam Orth.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't make any sense to me why Sony wants to skip E3. They had successful conferences during the PS4 era, at least until they ran out of content to show. I don't see any reason to change that with new hardware and games around the corner. It feels liking trying very hard to be different for the sake of being different. So does their entire 2019 tbh.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Doesn't make any sense to me why Sony wants to skip E3. They had successful conferences during the PS4 era, at least until they ran out of content to show. I don't see any reason to change that with new hardware and games around the corner. It feels liking trying very hard to be different for the sake of being different. So does their entire 2019 tbh.

For real.

Wtf are you doing Sony? Like seriously wtf.

They coasted for half the gen based on the success of 2 of the mid-gen E3s and now suddenly they've forgotten the importance of those and think they're above it all.

neemmss

Oct 27, 2017
Apple did the same thing of pulling out of MacWorld and just doing their own events. Sony will be fine.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
lol This is quite the revision.
Cboat posts were entertaining to read.

Any MS thread was destroyed with trolling.
It was so bad that Gaf allowed a single walled garden MS thread so people could post about Xb1 in peace and that was closed within a day.

Curious how era will handle the console launches this year with an obvious overwhelming amount of Sony user accounts.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
This isn't a bad thing.

Hopefully their own show is at a better hour for us in Europe, or at least on a friday.

Having it at the start of the week at 2AM fucking sucked.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
At this point Sony says anything and people come in and hate and praise.

It's a good thing they knocked it out of the park with the PS4 and have a heritage of games or else I'd worry starting...........................................................................................

...........................................................................................

.....................................................................................................................

.......................................................................................................................................................

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................NOW!

Jun 23, 2019
Cboat posts were entertaining to read.

Any MS thread was destroyed with trolling.
It was so bad that Gaf allowed a single walled garden MS thread so people could post about Xb1 in peace and that was closed within a day.

Curious how era will handle the console launches this year with an obvious overwhelming amount of Sony user accounts.

lol Now you definitely are revising stuff. No, the other site did not make a walled garden thread for Xbox fans to talk, that's absolute insanity. How about MS making a ton of blunders one after another that kept the bad news flowing and the news leaking? The fact that you mentioned that, but totally skipped over how for years the old site harangued anyone who was a PS3 owner to the point where people started wondering if it was a MS forum is quite interesting. Don't worry, Era will protect you from the big bad Sony fanboys. 🙄

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like with no standardized shows, there is going to be a task force of gaming paparazzi following exec's around being like "Ryan had 3 eggs and nutella crepes for breakfast!!! Does this imply Vita 2?!?!?!" Hahah

Wulfer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nah E3 just going back to the people it was start for, the developers. Sony doesn't have to show but, many small to mild developers will because its a place where they can meeting with other key people in the industry. Microsoft will be there and E3 may become their key conference after all the renovations on the Microsoft Theater.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
That's similar to how I feel as well. Every year for many years now I free up my schedule for several days, stock up on beer and food, make bets with my family, discuss what we've seen afterwards. I don't cherish the idea of it dissapearing at all. If the L.A. Convention Center has to go together with the show-floor - so be it, but can we at least have all the big players come out with what they've got at the same time? I personally don't care about Sony having their thing one month, then someone else two weeks later, then some one else another month. For me it won't be nearly as exciting or entertaining. I like what Nintendo does. Have a presentation and then have days to actually show the games. Ubisoft has a conference and then also showcase their games for days. And it's all on the same dates, just different hours. If E3 (not an ESA run event) is gone is gone, I'll just loose one of my favorite holidays. And yes, for me, E3 is a holiday.

Same. I'm sure we are in quite a small minority, but I take days off, I watch all the conferences. I have a few drinks and I have snacks. I play lots of video games between all the conferences, shows, and events. I watch all the big podcast reactions. I'm so happy during that week of the year! It's probably my literal favorite week because NOBODY is trying to take that week off at work so I don't have to fight anybody for it. It's really something I've looked forward to every year this entire gen and even before this gen.

I hope Sony comes to E3. E3 needs Sony and therefore I need Sony to be there!

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
lol Now you definitely are revising stuff. No, the other site did not make a walled garden thread for Xbox fans to talk, that's absolute insanity. How about MS making a ton of blunders one after another that kept the bad news flowing and the news leaking? The fact that you mentioned that, but totally skipped over how for years the old site harangued anyone who was a PS3 owner to the point where people started wondering if it was a MS forum is quite interesting. Don't worry, Era will protect you from the big bad Sony fanboys. 🙄
Totally what I want, not that I think discussion threads should be about the topic written?

Who gives a shit about what made up wrongs happened in the PS3 days to justify trolling until the end of time. I own 2 PS4'S and oddly resist messing with posters on Nintendo threads.

There are some former mods here back me up on the walled garden thread. The mod nessage for closing it even used the terminology : P

Back in topic, if Sony cancels I imagine MS will eventually just do their own thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.