• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Why do you say that? He's the one that leaked a FromSoftware and George RR Martin collaboration long before Elden Ring was announced.

So Spawnwave just reports Liam Robertson's rumors that will get clicks.

Liam just reports all rumors that he hears with very little digging on if they're true or no.

So he can report things that are true (Elden Ring)

And things that aren't true ("Google is releasing a fully fledged game console with power similar to the Xbox One X")

Liam is also a suuuuper pissy guy. After Jason Schreier said his Google Console rumor was garbage, Liam retweeted extremely thin claims that Jason was a plagiarist.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
2020 launch seems kinda really early. I'm guessing this is a Bluepoint joint then? I'm kinda concerned whether or not it's going to be as solid in design as RE2 was.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Fill the gap Capcom, please.

lgaTEZd.jpg
FillMyHoleSuperman.jpg

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting in on cross-gen around or for launch of new consoles would be pretty damn smart.

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can we stop posting random youtubers as confirmation? The dude is notorious for just regurgitating shit on the net.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
TLOU2, Cyberpunk, Zelda and FF7 Remake I agree with but RE3 can still be a contender. Some of those can always disappoint or not be as good. Resident Evil is one of my favourite series and RE3 is near the top of the list in the series for me.
2020 is already insane! This makes the final year before next gen one of the best!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
RE2 wasn't announced only seven months prior to release. They showed the first trailer then, but it being officially announced was two and a half years prior to release.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
RE2 wasn't announced only seven months prior to release. They showed the first trailer then, but it being officially announced was two and a half years prior to release.

Yeah, but the game was on ice between the original 'we do it' and the E3 reveal.
Let's use DMCV as an example, announced at E3 and released in March. ~9 months from announcement to release.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Do this, then give me the remake of REmake. I want the RE2 team to give me the mansion. Then my modernized survival horror trilogy of RE games will be complete and I can continue to ignore the action game trilogy.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That was completely different, it was announced before Capcom approved the project. The producer basically used fan reaction as ammo.

It also got a makeover into action RE in the middle of development.

The first trailer was the real reveal.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That was completely different, it was announced before Capcom approved the project.

It also got a makeover into action RE in the middle of development.

The first trailer was the real reveal.

What are you talking about? A developer from Capcom went and announced online to the world that they were remaking the game before they actually got the greenlight?

It's fine if they reworked most of it, but that doesn't change the actual announcement date.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are you talking about? A developer from Capcom went and announced online to the world that they were remaking the game before they actually got the greenlight?

It's fine if they reworked most of it, but that doesn't change the actual announcement date.

That came later, after it was approved.

He first tweeted about it as he was going into the meeting with Capcom iirc.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That came later, after it was approved.

He first tweeted about it as he was going into the meeting with Capcom iirc.

That video was August of 2015. Anyone that actually remembers that very long wait in between the announcement and first E3 trailer knows it was more than just a few months, and it was way more than "seven months" before that announcement and release.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That video was August of 2015. Anyone that actually remembers that very long wait in between the announcement and first E3 trailer knows it was more than just a few months, and it was way more than "seven months" before that announcement and release.

And?

Iirc the first instance was him posting a photo of himself and his presentation before heading into the meeting.

It was just them confirming the green light, that's it.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Having never played 3, I've really excited for this

But I'm curious (if true) why it would release before RE8?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
And?

Iirc the first instance was him posting a photo of himself and his presentation before heading into the meeting.

I don't even understand what you are arguing about. All I said is that it was way longer than seven months before the announcement to release, posted the actual first official announcement, which you then say was posted after it was greenlit. Well no shit? And that was in 2015.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I'm definitely interested in how Resident Evil 8 is shaping up to be. But I definitely will get RE 3.
Also hate to be that guy, but:
Third person > first person RE lol

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand what you are arguing about. All I said is that it was way longer than seven months before the announcement to release, posted the actual first official announcement, which you then say was posted after it was greenlit. Well no shit? And that was in 2015.

Because the first trailer was the real reveal.

It was a quick turnaround from the reveal trailer to the release. Just like with RE7, DMCV and MHW.

People are right to expect the same with RE3R.