• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Please give Jill a more appropriate character design this time around.

RE2 assets were like 2% of RE3.

For RE3 they still have to completely redesign & model Downtown Raccoon city, Uptown Raccoon City (with the indoors), City Hall, Cable Car Station, Hospital, Clock Tower, Abandoned Factory, among other areas from scratch.
RE3 is a much larger scale game than RE2 I'm really interested to see how it turns out. But on the other side of the coin they don't need to worry about having multiple characters/more than 1 campaign. But then RE3 has the choice system and if they want to do that justice that's gonna take work.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bottom of the barrel imo but it's a fun short game and many people love Nemesis and the game.
of any RE, RE3 easily has the highest potential to be expanded upon.

Man, ya thought Mr X had you shook? I can see Nemesis clips going viral on twitter and yt

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Yes lupinko. The Bionic Woman´s face is used for Amelie but you would need to read up on that to even know it. The whole thing is a Snatcher homage outside of the story explanation. It´s most importantly a pointless move by Kojima due to the lack of recognizability and none of the other skin to acting swapped characters work. They certainly failed to connect the critics. The same shit would happen here. Changing/de-aging a face and smashing it together with a voice and motion performance by someone else can only lead to a Frankenstein monster. Why even hire a face model in that case if you don´t use her face, especially if said person isn´t even a recognizable person to the customers.

Capcom is clearly done with her and anyone else involved in older games and never cared about consultancy (Rebecca looks and sounds different in REmake and Zero) but they are smart enough to not waste money on such nonsense regardless. The move to new actors in REmake 2 was lastly great. New Claire is best Claire and new Leon is almost as good as the RE4 one. Even RE7 Chris was great.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the entire game is more consistent than the RE2 remake which I think shat the bed in the second half. Sewers and Labs were pretty undercooked. Give it a proper budget and don't strip out more than you add.

Oct 25, 2017
What if it was the RE7 team🤔

Going off RE7 I could see them doing a good job. I would have been curious to see how the REmake 2 team could evolve the formula with Threemake much how I'm curious how the RE7 team could evolve the first person formula with RE8.

I love REmake 2 but one of my big complaints is that it takes away more than it adds and feels a bit anemic compared to the original. RE3 is huge and has buckets of location and enemy variety and I genuinely hope they don't compromise that in any way.

I just hope it isn't outsourced.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I rented the original and barely scratched the surface back in the day so this will basically be a whole new RE game for me. After RE2 remake, I'm super hyped.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised there's so much Nemesis praise going on. He's really not that well done if you ask me. He only shows up at certain times and although I like the multiple-choice he's kinda crap because once you leave the room you've escaped him until the next time he's scripted to show up. I'm sure in the remake he'll be more dynamic but his original self is definitely underwhelming.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Great news to wake up to. In addition to Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 3 has my sword and can't wait to soak it all in.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Either this or her Dreamcast exclusive costume would be great.

RltEm3H.jpg
Yep. I need this costume to be in the remake.

resident_evil_3___last_escape_by_litoperezito_dcfp5td-fullview.jpg

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
This is demonstrably false. RE3 is about as long as RE2 A/B. Only about 5% of RE3 uses RE2 assets.

RE2 assets were like 2% of RE3.

For RE3 they still have to completely redesign & model Downtown Raccoon city, Uptown Raccoon City (with the indoors), City Hall, Cable Car Station, Hospital, Clock Tower, Abandoned Factory, among other areas from scratch.

Yes but what people mean is that similarly to OG RE2&3, they can reuse the engine, gameplay, zombies, inventory etc. and recycle all textures and small models.

So in essence it's "only" about doing those locations, cutscenes and the Nemesis :D

Oct 28, 2017
It's good, felt more like an chunky expansion to RE2 imo but nothing wrong with that.
My point proven. RE3 pushed the series forward in a number of ways and comments like this do it a massive disservice. Frankly I'd argue it was more bold and did more new than RE2 did over RE1. RE2 was essentially an improved RE1 when you get down to it. RE3 was a completely different beast.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some people seem to be very uncompromising when it comes to Mr. X. He's not in the entire game and he's easy to avoid, yet people would prefer he not be included at all, which would make the game something else entirely. Some of you can't handle any sort of inconvenience.

Also going to be extremely funny when it comes to pass that Nemesis is considerably more engaging and prevalent than Mr. X, which would be entirely expected. Going to love the posts in that case.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I mean, Sheva's life was literally ruined from childhood by Wesker's company, and this white capitolist mutant man ame to her country and started several mass genocides essentially along an entire countryside. I'd say more happened to Sheva directly by Wesker in just RE5 than the entirety of the seres for Jill(Who only really has the mansion incident and like a few years brainwashed under wesker)

Jill was shafted but lets not pretend Sheva had it easy

Yet she had no idea who he was. Wesker didn't do anything personally against Sheva, it was just Umbrella. And more happened to Sheva in RE5 than to Jill? That's absurd. "Just a few years brainwashed under wesker", not to mention the experimented on part... as opposed to Sheva who was punched a feel times. You can't even begin to compare.

But I did mention I was being unfair to Sheva. It's not a competition. My point is that Jill was unfair sidelined from the main conflict of the series (since CV) and in RE5 some of the role she should have had was done by Sheva. But that's just a symptom from the lack of consideration the writers had with Resident Evil's veteran.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yet she had no idea who he was. Wesker didn't do anything personally against Sheva, it was just Umbrella. And more happened to Sheva in RE5 than to Jill? That's absurd. "Just a few years brainwashed under wesker", not to mention the experimented on part... as opposed to Sheva who was punched a feel times. You can't even begin to compare.

But I did mention I was being unfair to Sheva. It's not a competition. My point is that Jill was unfair sidelined from the main conflict of the series (since CV) and in RE5 some of the role she should have had was done by Sheva. But that's just a symptom from the lack of consideration the writers had with Resident Evil's veteran.
We talkin' about unfairly missing, how about our girl Rebecca? #JusticeForRebecca

Oct 30, 2017
Ok.... my jaw literally dropped when I watched this HD MODE for RE3..... like seriously HOLY FUCK!

Everyone take a look....

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They should have just had Chris, Sheva and Jill all fire a rocket at Wesker together; all three of them. Problem solved!

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
My point proven. RE3 pushed the series forward in a number of ways and comments like this do it a massive disservice. Frankly I'd argue it was more bold and did more new than RE2 did over RE1. RE2 was essentially an improved RE1 when you get down to it. RE3 was a completely different beast.

I don't know man, I was a fan back then, played every game and that's how I felt about it. Maybe I was getting tired of the franchise.

To me it looked just the same as 2, and Nemesis always was a Mr.X .5 imo, never liked him that much.
The scenarios A and B from RE2 was more interesting than the paths in 3 but is just how I felt back then.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

You're going to hear wildly different answers from different people, but in my opinion it's the best of the original trilogy of Resident Evil PS1 games. It has the worst bosses of the three, and I do think RE1 & RE2 have bestter OSTs (though RE3 is no slouch either) and RE2 has the best story, but I think RE3 really shines in the gameplay department. I think it has the most interesting mechanics, the most interesting level design, the most interesting puzzles, the randomized elements with some of the items and monsters is neat, the locations in RE3 are more varied than the first two games (and some of them are really neat), add to this Nemesis is a good threat addition (and gets to be one of the first video game stalkers, so in a remake his role can be greatly improved), and there's more... I guess in this day we'd call them "set piece" moments, but where events happen you need to respond to in the game.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know, for a long time I held that RE2 was much better than RE3, ignorantly so, because I didn't get to play RE3 until 2009, a decade later. But even when I played it, I stubbornly tried to convince myself that RE2 was still the better game. It wasn't until REmake 2 came out earlier this year that I realized that while RE2 is indeed a great game, RE3 is more ambitious, introduces new and improved mechanics (not the dodge, though - that shit sucks and is poorly implemented, but at least the idea is there), has the better stalker-enemy, and is more fun to traverse. There were several things I enjoyed more in RE3 than RE2 that I didn't care to recognize because I was holding on to the idea that RE2 had to be the better game.

It's funny that it took REmake 2 for me to change my opinion, but here I am.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of scared for this game's art direction. The glimpses of Raccoon City in the 2 remake are really generic and sterile looking. RE3 has a really weird European city masquerading as an American city kind of feel that I really doubt they're going to try to replicate.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I'm surprised there's so much Nemesis praise going on. He's really not that well done if you ask me. He only shows up at certain times and although I like the multiple-choice he's kinda crap because once you leave the room you've escaped him until the next time he's scripted to show up. I'm sure in the remake he'll be more dynamic but his original self is definitely underwhelming.

This will change your mind, if you have the time to read it.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean Jill, as an individual, being brainwashed for a few years is nothing compared to Sheva's people being killed en masse. It doesnt matter if she knew Wesker personally or not, hes still behind umbrella and tricell's experiments in africa.

I'm just tired of people trying to downplay Sheva

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I mean Jill, as an individual, being brainwashed for a few years is nothing compared to Sheva's people being killed en masse. It doesnt matter if she knew Wesker personally or not, hes still behind umbrella and tricell's experiments in africa.

I'm just tired of people trying to downplay Sheva

And Raccoon's City population was "Jill's people". If we consider Umbrella's crimes as reasons for Sheva to hate Wesker, then you can put all those reasons in Jill's bill as well, as fighting Umbrella is her literal goal in life. But we're talking about personal reasons here, and those are not. But being a slave to Wesker and doing who knows how much evil against your will do qualify as personal.

And I don't think I'm trying to downplay Sheva, unless you think saying Jill (or Chris, or Leon, or Claire) are more stablished protagonists in the series is downplaying her. Indeed, I don't think Jill's killing Wesker as opposed to Sheva would be the solution to the problem, because that would also be unfair to Sheva. As I mentioned, Jill being sidelined is an old issue.