• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
2020 seems so soon. Rather they take their time and do it right. As good as RE2 remake was, they did kinda screw up the B scenarios.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they expand on that. Imagine fighting nemises in the main hall!?
I mean...makes sense, that first nemesis encounter if you run from him, you basically just close a wooden door on him and he's seemingly incapable of getting through said door lmao, that fight spilling into the main hall would be cool.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
There's actually a good chance that despite next year, RE3 likely had more dev than RE2 since there's was no talk of restarting dev or internal struggle on what camera angle to use from rumors.

I was going to say something like this myself but held back, but yeah. RE3 has had more time in the oven than REmake 2 actually has, as of this moment REmake 3 has been in development for about 2 and a half years (3 and a half if you count the planning stage) and unlike REmake 2 there wasn't any big hold-ups with direction or scrapping big parts of it and redoing it in the middle of it.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
I was going to say something like this myself but held back, but yeah. RE3 has had more time in the oven than REmake 2 actually has, as of this moment REmake 3 has been in development for about 2 and a half years (3 and a half if you count the planning stage) and unlike REmake 2 there wasn't any big hold-ups with direction or scrapping big parts of it and redoing it in the middle of it.
So the story might expand more? and could it be linking RE outbreak file's characters?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Thats awesome to know! GA showing seems very likely.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i played 2 and 3 both when they released but i shat my pants every time nemesis appeared and then i stopped, to much pressure being pursued by nemesis and not knowing where to go. This time i will finish it, (i hope)

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Just please don't be another spring 2020 release. There's only so many incredible titles that one season can handle.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is exciting.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Omfg 2020 STOP.

234.gif

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
So, Resident Evil had a 2017 GotY contender, a 2019 GotY contender, and they are trying for the 2020 GotY, too. Who would have thought that Resident Evil could ever come back SO strong.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

Is Jill getting a redesign like Claire?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mentioning Jill, a simple recognition that she existed, would be a major improvement over the original CV. It's a bit unfair to blame that game for RE5, I think it could have fixed those issues if it wanted to, but CV is the first game where we can see Wesker cared only about Chris rather than the STARS members as a whole. In Umbrella Chronicles that is even clearer.

As far as RE5 itself goes, I don't think you would need to change it that much. But I would rather Jill had more agency. And the fact that she didn't kill Wesker shows how little the people working on that game cared for her. I mean, she only had a 10+ year old beef with Wesker, but let Sheva, a one game character, who didn't know who he was 2 hours before the end, kill him instead. And I might add I'm being extremely unfair with Sheva, who was a cool character, but I can't help it.

Anyway, it's not like Capcom has been ignoring Jill in all their major games since RE5...

Revelations was a secundary product.
I mean, Sheva's life was literally ruined from childhood by Wesker's company, and this white capitolist mutant man ame to her country and started several mass genocides essentially along an entire countryside. I'd say more happened to Sheva directly by Wesker in just RE5 than the entirety of the seres for Jill(Who only really has the mansion incident and like a few years brainwashed under wesker)

Jill was shafted but lets not pretend Sheva had it easy

Oct 26, 2017

So this being made by a staff mostly of people from RE7 or how many teams does Capcom have?

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Lol Spawn Wave is a good guy and i follow him, but he doesn't have sources and he's not reliable, that's just his guess, and it's a pretty easy one, we all know that after the success of RE2 Remake Capcom will release the RE3 Remake, they even officially said that they would release more remakes like that in the future

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

what was scrapped from Remake2?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seemed obvious this was gonna happen. One has to wonder if they'll have the balls to touch RE4, or if they even find it necessary considering it's already on just about every conceiveable platform to begin with (unlike RE2 and 3).

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
The benefit of doing this backtoback with RE2 is that a lot of the assets are there. Hopefully we can get a bigger game then RE2.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
from my recollection

- One point the game was made with multiple camera angles (Fixed, First, and Third)
- Driving Section
- Expanded City sections (Opening & Later)
- new area to enter the lab
- moth room
- Crows

That's the big stuff I recall with a lot of it talked about in the documentary

moth room, crows and expanded city would've been cool, but thanks interesting to know what was cut/planned

Deleted member 29237

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Was this a good game? I've always thought of 2 and 4 as the standouts.
I didn't enjoy it, mainly because I found Nemesis to be too aggressive - it usually takes me a second or two to process the scene from the fixed camera angles but he would charge you before the environment had fully faded into display! Also his grab mechanic would get spammed, especially on the clock tower fight, ending up making some fights feel really clumsy and fiddly.

With something like RE6's movement options, I think a remake could really shine though!

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The original was my least favorite of the fixed camera games but I still liked it, I just hope they expand the indoor areas, streets was always my worst resident Evil location

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh this'll be good.

Now that they know how bigthis can get thanks to the RE2 remake i can't wait to see how they recreate nemesis. Jill also hsa to have a way better moveset than in the RE2 remake.

Hopefully it's coming day 1 for next-gen (and not just because of bc).